Disappointments

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want you to accompany me to Kris’s presidential event,” Kai told Sung-kyung. “It’s only going to take place after the mourning period.”

“Wow lucky me.” Sung-kyung sounded deliberately bored.

“Well, it’s going to be a big affair. Media will be present and…” 

“Just when is my sister going to be found?” Kai blinked, “I thought Oracle was meant to be some super agency. How come they can’t even find one girl?”

“Sung-kyung ssi?” Kai was insulted by her words. There was a team of people working round the clock to find Emi. Yes, it was frustrating but she didn’t have to say that stuff about his mother’s company.

“You talk about fancy parties and finishing high school. I don’t care about that stuff. I care about my sister.” Sung-kyung turned away from him. “You disgust me.”

“Be quiet.” Kai clenched his hands, trying not to get angry.

“Coming here and taking advantage of me just because I’m staying here and have nowhere else to go.”

“Stop now…” he warned

“Or what? You’ll break up with me? Are we even dating or are you just testing out the waters again? Not sure if you want to give the poor girl a real chance in case you regret it?”

Kai marched across the room and grabbed her arm, “I said shut it. What’s gotten into you?”

Sung-kyung tried to pull away but he grabbed her other arm and forced her still. “I’m tired of watching your perfect life from the sidelines. All of you have everything because aeons ago your great great whatevers decided to do business together.”

“How is that my fault?”

“Because of you, Emi was taken. Because the Madame wanted you, my sister was involved.” Kai felt like she had hit him. He stepped back in shock. “I didn’t want to think this way but it’s true.”

“I would change it if I could. Believe me, I hate that you’re involved in my family drama.”

“I just want my sister back and then we will return home. Where we belong.” Sung-kyung tried to send him a message.

“So you’re saying that after this you just plan to run away?”

“Lee Jongin how can you even ask that? My sister has been missing for better part of a year now. Don’t you think my parents deserve to have both children back?”

“Of course. But won’t you return to school?”

“Are you an idiot or something? How am I going to afford school at Oakland?”

“I can speak to my mother. Oakland has scholarships and I’m sure…”

“There you go again using your influence.”

“That is what it’s there for. This is how the world works. I am not doing anything wrong by asking my mother to make a recommendation.”

“But it won’t just be a recommendation will it? You call it that but if the mighty Song Gaelin wanted to, she would just need to pick up the phone and tell the school to provide me with a scholarship.”

“Fine, then I’ll pay your school fees. Does that make it better?”

Sung-kyung laughed, “Then I’d be indebted to you. Why go through all this trouble?”

“Because I like you damn it. Why can’t I keep you at my side?”

“We’re in high school Lee Jongin. This is not Romeo and Juliet. I think we will both get over this.”

Kai in his breath; he felt a slight blush enter his cheeks. “I know you miss Emi so I’m going to pretend we didn’t have this conversation.”

“I won’t change my mind.” Sung-kyung protested

Kai stepped forward and wrapped his arms ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter