Taste of Power

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“They’re lying to you. Your sister is in Seoul.

 

Sung-kyung stared at the text. “Who are you?”

“A friend”

“But how do you know about my sister?”

“I know everything…”

Sung-kyung bit her lip and wondered what she should say next.

“I used to work for the Madame. I didn’t like how she treated you. I also know Emi.”

“Is she okay?” Sung-kyung held her breath.

“She is fine but afraid and misses her family.”

“How can I help her?” Sung-kyung waited but she didn’t get a response, “How can I help her.” She texted again but the person didn’t respond. Damn it!

Sung-kyung sprang off the bed and went in search of the Song House Master; she was almost at the executive office when she received another text.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t speak before. Keep this secret or your sister might be in more danger. You shouldn’t trust Oracle.”

Sung-kyung read the message with a sinking heart. Don’t trust Oracle? But who else could she trust. She received another message and it was of Emi. She was tied to a chair and looked unconscious. Sung-kyung covered and tried not to cry. “I will try and help you but please don’t tell anyone about me. Our lives depend on it.”

“Sung-kyung ssi?” Ren noticed the girl loitering outside her office. “Is something wrong? Come inside.”

Sung-kyung slid the phone into her jeans pockets. “I’m tired of being cooped up here.”

“It’s for your own good.” Ren explained, “There are people out there looking for you. I understand your flatmate was even attacked?”

“Yes but,”

“Surely you see that there is no other way?” Ren hated to patronise the girl but wasn’t it obvious.

“Fine then I want to do something while I’m here.”

“Are you studying science?” Sung-kyung shook her head, “Coding?” she shook her head, “Any affinity to computers, robotics?” Sung-kyung didn’t recognise half of what the HM was saying.

“I’m no Lee Sehun, okay?” she was blushing furiously.

Ren smiled sympathetically, “No you’re not.” Ren scrutinised the girl wondering what all the fuss was about. How had this girl embedded herself in their lives? “Agassi as your unnie, I’m going to give you some advice. You want to remain here in the light?” Sung-kyung’s eyes widened, “Then find something you’re good at, something that sets you apart because here you’re amongst the Gods and we get bored of mortals pretty quickly.”

“Wow unnie, that’s harsh and a little dramatic wouldn’t you say?”

“You know what I’m talking about. You may have Lee Jongin now but he’s a President in waiting. When he steps on high…” she sighed, “Do you even know what it means to be the Lee heir?”

Sung-kyung shook her head, “Okay since you’re bored and the President is at the signing ceremony, how’s about we take a little field trip?”

“I can go outside?”

“With me you can.” Ren grabbed her coat, “You coming?” Sung-kyung followed.

Ren drove her around the city. “You recently went up to the Lee Lodge right?” Sung-kyung nodded, “Well that is just one of the properties in the Lee Property Portfolio.” Ren pulled up opposite an impressive looking building, “Lee Corp specialises in construction and property management.”

“This is Lee Corp. It is where Lee Soo-hyuk sits and one day Lee Jongin will work here too. Sung-kyung took in the impressive building, “It was recently revamped.” Ren pulled away from the curve and they drove in silence. “This is where the Lee Household is. Lee Corp owns the entire building. They re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter