Comeuppance

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung-kyung finished packing and stared around the room. It was probably expected that she go downstairs and meet with Jongin’s mother. Why couldn’t there be another way? Why did she have to travel all that way with Jongin’s mother?” Song Gaelin was scary and Sung-kyung knew that the President didn’t like or approve of her.

Gaelin said goodbye to the housekeepers who stayed in the nearby town. The head housekeeper promised to return to make sure everything was okay in the new month. Gaelin glanced up and wondered whether she should go up and call the girl down. Was she planning on hiding in the room forever?

“Gaelin…” she turned and her heart stopped. Woo Minjae had just come in the front door. “Don’t be alarmed.” He lifted his hands as if it would calm her.

“What are you doing here?” she demanded, “You left hours ago.”

“When I heard that you would be staying behind I realised it was my only opportunity to speak to you.”

Gaelin’s mind was racing, should she try and call Soo-hyuk? Her phone was in her pocket. “What is there to talk about?”

Minjae studied her, “You’re still wary of me? I just want to talk about this whole will business.”

“Your father’s wishes are clear.”

“I know that and I realise I cannot contest the will.” Had he perhaps sought legal advice? “I just wanted to warn you about my son…”

“The son you abandoned?” Gaelin didn’t have any sympathy.

Minjae’s face was blank, “It was a mistake I made. I was upset about Lee Jongin and things happened.”

“How could you just abandon your child like that?”

“I know the thought is inconceivable to you. You have done such an amazing job with your kids. I wish I could have given Yifan a home but I was too messed up back then.”

Gaelin wavered, “I think you should tell Yifan ssi this. I think he would like to know what happened.”

“I can’t tell him that I didn’t love his mother, that I loved you…I still do Gaelin…” he stepped forward quickly and took her hand, “Gaelin you don’t know how hard it’s been to see you and Soo-hyuk so happy. All the consortium members have surpassed me.”

“Wu Yifan.” Gaelin pulled her hand away, “Isn’t that who you came to talk about?”

Minjae swore, “I know we can never be together. I get that but would it kill you to show me some respect?”

“You lost any respect when you tried to force me to marry you and have an abortion. That is what makes you different from Lee Soo-hyuk. A real man doesn’t need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter