Forbidden Desires

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris found a moment to himself and snuck down one of the quieter passages. Hearing voices he quickly ducked into a room and closed the door. He pressed his ear to the door and hoped that he was safe. He just needed a moment to himself.

“Don’t worry,” Arran said as she was watched him, “You’re quite safe in here.” Kris spun around, a panicked look on his face, “Don’t worry oppa I won’t attack you.” Arran continued to read her book. “This is my great-great grandfather’s library,” Arran informed him after a moment of silence had passed. 

“It’s beautiful.”

“I used to hide here when I was a kid.”

“You don’t seem like the type to hide from anyone,” Kris observed her character. He trailed his fingers over the spines of books.

“You think I am just a silly heiress who goes shopping and giggling.”

“I don’t think that at all Arran.” Kris met her eyes. Arran smiled softly, “I think you’re an incredibly smart young woman who has the entire consortium wrapped around her finger.” Setting the book aside she stood and approached him.

“Go on.”

Kris backed up until his back hit the shelf. This girl was dangerous, just like her mother. “You only pretend to be that way so the others don’t pay attention but I know what you do.”

Arran took his tie and raised an amused brow, “Go on.” She whispered

Kris swallowed, “You sneak out, don’t you? Passed the security, passed Tanaka. I’ve seen you.”

“Clever boy.” Arran patted his chest, “You found my little secret but do you know where I go?”

“I do.” Kris watched her wondering if he dared do what he was thinking about, yes he did dare. He grabbed her shoulders and kissed her. Arran didn’t hesitate as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back.

“I am bad for you,” Kris told her as she started to his shirt.

“I don’t care.”

“Your parents won’t approve.”

“Stop talking.” Arran kissed him again.

Kris held her away. Footsteps could be heard approaching. Arran pulled him to the back of the room behind the shelves.

“Better?” she whispered and bit his ear. Kris gave in as he lifted her against him and pressed her against the shelves. He lifted her dress and slid his hands over her smooth thighs. Arran groaned with pleasure. Kris didn’t realise up till then how much he had been suppressing his feelings for her. He wanted her and he was going to have her, damn the consequences.

“We should stop…” Arran suddenly pushed him away. “I mean I really like you Kris Woo or Wu Yifan, but I’m not going to give it up that easily.”

Kris released her realising how close he had come to losing control. “I am sorry.”

“Don’t be. You proved something to me just now.” Kris raised a bemused brow, “You’re worth it.”

“Huh?”

“I am going to be on your side oppa so don’t worry” Arran neatened her hair and put a bright smile on. “See you later.”

Kris buttoned his shirt and ran his hands through his hair, what the hell had just happened?

Kai found the kitchen empty. It was nearing 20:00 and Sung-kyung must be starving. The schedule had kept him busy and no one had a chance to break away. He started digging in the fridge for some of the buffet leftovers.

“You’re hungry?” Minah stood behind him, “Me too.” Kai reluctantly set the plate on the counter for her, “Stay with me.” Minah urged and he sat beside her. “Remember when we were kids and you would fetch me cookies from the kitchen when Tanaka wasn’t watching?” Kai chuckled and nodded. “I miss the innocence of those times.”

“Are you worried about what’s happening?”

“I can barely keep up.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter