The Heir is Announced

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the adjoining room, Kris watched the proceedings of the consortium seating on the monitor and waited. Very soon he would be called and then he would face his father for the first time. He would look on the man that had discarded him and his mother and see the shock on his face. That shock would then turn to anger and disbelief when he realised that his company and estate was being taken away from him. There was nothing he could do about it. Kris was confident that the consortium would protect him and that his father was afraid of Lee Soo-hyuk.

“I know this may not come at the best of times but it is something we must address.” Soo-hyuk was addressing the consortium now. “There is no easy way to say this…” Soo-hyuk paused and gathered his thoughts. 

He looked at his family and friends and then saw his children. They were looking up to him, expecting him to solve the problems of the world, “This session has been called into effect to recognise the Woo heir.” Everyone was silent, they didn’t under stand yet and Woo Minjae even started to stand thinking he would be called up to speak. The doors to the room opened and Kris walked in. “I present to you Woo Yifan, son of Woo Minjae and grandchild of Chairman Woo and as such the rightful heir to the Woo Estate.”

The room erupted. The Chairmen were on their feet talking loudly amongst themselves and Woo Minjae and Yerin were yelling across the room, pointing at Kris and calling him a fraud.

Soo-hyuk nodded and Namjoon and the House Masters distributed the folders. “Quiet please.” Namjoon bellowed, “Find yourselves and take your seats…”

Hoseok grinned to himself, this was the most thrilling thing he had seen in a long time. Even if he didn’t trust this new heir, it was still great to see the look of utter shock on Woo Minjae’s face. “So long loser.” He muttered. Yoongi nodded his agreement.

“Inside the folders, you will find the Chairman’s will clearly stating that in the event of a grandchild the estate in its entirety will be passed onto that child,” Soo-hyuk spoke and waited for everyone to read the document.

“Soo-hyuk is right.” Chairman Lee said and eyed boy with doubt.

“To appease your doubt, the next page is the birth certificate and DNA results.” Soo-hyuk continued.

“You plotted this.” Minjae was on his feet, “I do not accept this.”

“Of course that is your right.” Soo-hyuk smiled, “There is a team present to conduct a second DNA test.”

Minjae scowled, “I am the Woo heir.”

“Not according to this,” Hoseok spoke up. “Isn’t that right app

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter