Challenge Accepted

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gaelin was in her dressing room, alone for a moment where she could gather her thoughts and think about the night that lay ahead. They would all meet at the Woo Estate, for the first time in eighteen years she would enter that household again.

Hours ago Soo-hyuk had been at the airport to welcome Woo Minjae and Yerin back to the country. He had shaken hands, bowed, putting all personal disputes aside, as they faced the Chairman’s funeral. Gaelin imagined that her husband had been all business, he probably had even smiled as he shook hands with Woo Minjae, maybe he had even embraced Yerin. The thought of him touching that woman made Gaelin’s skin crawl. Silently she reached for her rings and slid on them on. Her hair was done, her makeup immaculate, her outfit, a black pencil dress, hugged her figure, showed off the curves in the right places. “You’re beautiful President.” It was Tanaka that entered her dressing room and stood behind her. Silently he reached for the necklace on the dresser and fastened it around her neck, “You don’t have anything to worry about.”

Gaelin smiled and then stood, “Make sure the children are ready on time. They should leave with Taehyung and Jungkook.”

Tanaka nodded, “Of course, and President even if something happens, Lee Soo-hyuk won’t let them get away with it.”

“I won’t let them get away with it.” Gaelin corrected and Tanaka smiled and bowed. “Let’s get this show on the road.”

Kai knew that Woo Minjae and Yerin had arrived. He had seen the schedule. It was there for all of them to see. Where once there was no mention of the Woo Estate, suddenly their name was at the top of the Consortium Schedule, the Woo name even dominated each families schedule for the week leading up to the funeral of Chairman Woo.

They had arrived the day after the Consortium meeting. His father and his uncle Yoongi and Hosoek had met the siblings at the airport. According to the schedule, they were staying at the Woo Estate and arrangements were being made for the funeral. A dinner was being held at the Woo Estate that evening. This would be the first time any of them would visit the estate and it was also the first time he or the others would see Woo Minjae and Yerin. They were the villains in their childhood stories, they were the shadows feared. Kai could tell that everyone was nervous. Due to the situation, they had all met at his house to get ready.

“I can’t believe our parents agreed to this dinner,” Minah complained.

 “You were at the meeting. We all voted.” Chen reminded Minah and all of them.

“What else could we do?” Chanyeol asked. He straightened his blazer and checked his reflection. “I can’t believe they’re back.” He tried not to think of the stories he had heard.  

“Me too,” Arran looked worried. “We all know what Woo Minjae did to my mom, what those two did to all our parents.”

“It will be okay,” Baekhyun assured his twin, “We won’t let the past repeat itself.  We’re here now. We will take them on if need be. Right?”

“Right.” Kai agreed as he finished checking his hair and turned to the group, “This is our Consortium, not theirs.” No one commented but everyone smiled. Kai was finally stepping up. Finally, they had their leader, they only hoped he was serious and would not abandon them or the Consortium.

“Better late than never President Lee.” Kyungsoo clapped Kai on the back. Tonight, Kyungsoo had to admit that his friend looked like a President. In a smart black tailored suit, Kai looked serious. They all did, he realised. Everyone here, the heirs wanted to show that they were here to stay and protect their family.

They exited Kai’s lounge and made their way downstairs.

“The car is waiting,” Tanaka said as he checked their appearance. He straightened Baekhyun’s collar. “Please be serious about this meeting. It is important that you behave accordingly and make the right impression.”
“No punches huh hyung?” Taehyung bounced down the stairs and Tanaka even checked his appearance. Taehyung tried to act normal even though he was nervous as hell about seeing Woo Minjae and Yerin again.

“I am trusting you,” Tanaka said to Taehyung.

“I got this and them,” Taehyung assured the butler. “Yah, Jungkook!” he yelled and Jungkook rushed down the stairs. He was reluctant about this meeting but he couldn’t back out of it. He had to be a strong figure for the kids.

They had to take two elevators down, but the town car was big enough to fit them all. “Be respectful.” Jungkook gave them advice, “None of us like them, but they are older and we’re trying to sort out this situation.”

“No matter what h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter