The Consortium Meets

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone. I have to write a bit of an official chapter. It will most probably not be as exciting but please read it cause it provides background and context to how the whole Consortium works. 

The meeting should have been held on the Woo Estate, but due to the special circumstances, all Consortium members would meet at the Lee Compound in Seoul. The Woo Estate was not informed of the meeting, there was no one but the Woo House Master to represent the family anyway. As per the rules of the Consortium, all heirs were permitted to the meeting. 

Present at the meeting was Lee Soo-hyuk, Jongin, Bakehyun and Arran as potential Lee heirs. Chairman Lee was also present and Kim Namjoon who would coordinate the meeting. Representing the Jung Estate, was Chairman Jung,  Hoseok, Kyungsoo, Minah and Julian. For the Min Estate were Chairman Min, Yoongi, Chen, Chanyeol and Luca. For the Song Estate was Chairwomen Song, Gaelin, Sehun and the Song Housemaster, Ren. Taehyung and Jungkook were present at the meeting because their entertainment management business fell under the wing of the Consortium's business umbrella. 

Once everyone was seated, Namjoon stood, "I hereby open this emergency meeting of the Golden Quill Consortium. Julian opened a folder and handed him a piece of paper with the official crest of the Consortium shining through from the top of the page. It was all very official, and while the kids had been to Consortium meetings in the past, it was never under the current situation. Everyone wore suits, everyone looked sombre, serious, no jokes were cracked - this was business. 

Namjoon took the piece of paper and began to outline the meeting's agenda, "I will provide a brief summary of the events that took place. Thereafter I will hand over to the leader of the Consortium, President Lee Soo-hyuk, who will make a brief statement.  Thereafter, the President will put forward a plan of action. Only once the President has spoken, will I open the floor to fellow Consortium members to comment and put forward their recommendations." 

Everyone was silent and waited patiently for Namjoon who quickly checked something with the other HMs "At approximately 12:30 am, I received a call from the Woo Estate House Master. It was to officially inform the Consortium that Chairman Woo had passed away. In short, I followed procedure, informing all active heads of the five Estates. All convened at the Woo Estate and offered support to the Woo HM. The police were present and the Chairman's doctor. At 01:20 it was confirmed that Chairman Woo passed away peacefully in his sleep. In other words, from natural causes." Julian handed Namjoon another piece of paper, "The Chairman has no relatives currently in the Republic of Korea. His known heirs, Woo Minjae and Woo Yerin under the ruling of this Consortium were sent to live abroad. Currently, both Woo Minjae and Woo Yerin reside in Shanghai." Namjoon put down the paper. "I now call on President Lee Soo-hyuk, the sixth leader of the Golden Quill Consortium to deliver his official statement and motions." 

Namjoon took his seat and Soo-hyuk stood and approached the podium, "I stand here today," he paused, "On a very sad day in the history of this Consortium to remember the life of Chairman Woo. A leader, a businessman, a father and sadly a man who did not get the opportunity to see his legacy fulfilled. Looking back on the decision I made eighteen years ago, I have no regrets when I sent Woo Minjae and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter