Death

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you, everyone, for the new subs. Please enjoy this story and thank you for the continuous support. 

Kris was exhausted when he finally got home from the Woo Estate. He was so tired, his hands felt cramped and his body was stiff. “Here let me help you.” In the darkness of the foyer, Mr S took off the other man’s coat and placed it in the closet. “You were gone for such a long time, I was worried.”

Kris didn’t speak, he didn’t know what to say and Tao was worried as he stared at Kris’ face and saw the stress and the pain. “What happened?”

Kris looked like a ghost; he looked like he had done something,  “My hands are tainted.” He whispered. Kris stared at his hands, they were pale, but he saw red, the colour of blood. He had blood on his hands. “I did something…” he stumbled and Tao caught him round the shoulders and led him to the lounge. “I did something terrible.” Kris cried and continued to stare at his hands, “I…”

“Don’t say it.” Tao pushed him onto a couch and went to the drinks counter and poured them each a shot of whiskey.

“I don't want it,” Kris mumbled when Tao pushed the glass into his hands.

“That doesn't matter right now. Not after what you have been through.” Tao could only guess but he didn’t want to know. ‘Just drink it, feel better, at least for now.”

Kris stared at the glass, he was uncertain, he shouldn’t be this bad. He was bad, but he didn’t want to completely lose himself. After staring at the gold liquid, he lifted the glass to his mouth and drank.

Tao grimaced as Kris coughed, “Drink it all. I am still your House Master.”

“So you are Mr S.” Kris smirked as he ran a hand through his hair and slumped on the couch.

“Don’t call me that. When we are alone, you need not do that. The girl is not here to hear us.”

Kris stood, “Thank you Tao. Even though you are younger, you’re the best House Master I ever had.”

“I really am always on your side Wu Yifan.”

Kris quickly checked that no one around, “Don’t call me that.”

“It is your name.”

“I have many names.”

“Yes, but you are still my friend.” Tao watched as Kris walked toward the stairs.

“Where is Lee Sung-kyung?” Kris asked as an afterthought?

“In her room, asleep. I checked.”

“Good.” Kris sighed heavily. He was stiff, he didn’t know how to process what he’d done but he’d done his job.

 

 

The phone rang but Namjoon slept on and ignored it. It was too early. He hoped the phone would not go off again, but when it did, he slipped the phone from under his pillow and saw that it was the Woo Estate House Master calling.

He didn’t want to answer, it was approaching midnight and he wanted to sleep. He would have to be up at 4 to make sure the house was ready for a new day and a new week.

He had barely been sleeping for two hours. The Sunday lunch had of course gone on for long and everyone had drunk too much, spoke a lot, and it had of course been a happy day. Namjoon had drunk a lot of wine and had gone to bed really pleased. But now, this call, so random from the Woo HM was waking him up. He knew when the second attempt came through that he needed to take the call. “Yobseo?” he was croaky, his chest heavy from too many cigarettes shared with the other HMs. “What?” he sat up in bed as he tried to digest what the Woo HM was saying, “You’re ing kidding me right?” he was already getting out of bed. , . This wasn’t happening. He raced out of his room and up the three floors. He was out of breath and banging on the executive suite. The opposite su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter