Truths and Fears

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chap is a bit of a round-up of what has been happening so far. 

The three House Masters sat outside the kitchen garden with Tanaka and smoked. “I don’t like this,” Luca the Min House Master was worried. “I never liked the Woo Estate and their dealings. They gave Yoongi ssi a hard time.”

They all remembered when Yoongi’s cousin had wanted to take over the business and had tried to threaten not only Yoongi but Hoseok as well.

“We all have our reasons for hating that family.” Julian agreed. “Do you think Lee Soo-hyuk will really lift the ban?”

Namjoon wasn’t so sure. As time went on, his Presidents grew softer. Having children probably did that to a person. “We went to visit the Chairman last week. He’s in a bad state. President Lee is under a lot of pressure from his father to lift the ban.”

“Aish,” Luca swore, “Can’t we advise them against it.”

“We can,” Namjoon was cautious, “But it sounded like President Lee has made up his mind.”

“I’m more worried if something happens to the kids. They’re too trusting.” Julian stubbed out his cigarette, “Great coffee Tanaka.” He praised the butler, “What do you think about all this?”

“If I’m honest, I wouldn’t lift the ban. I feel bad for the Chairman. No one should have to go through life like this and it was his children that did wrong.”

“Oh, he knew what they were doing.” Namjoon said, “The Chairman raised those children that way.”

“Let’s try and advise our presidents to vote against the ban being lifted,” Julian advised. “That’s all we can do.”

Kris was getting ready to leave when Arran approached him in the foyer, “Oppa must think I am a very silly girl.”

Kris finally was able to look at her, “As long as you’re okay. That’s all that matters to me.”

“Really?” her eyes were wide and suddenly she flung her arms around him and kissed him lightly on the cheek. Kris was left shocked as she turned and ran up the stairs.

He touched his cheek and smiled. Turning he came face to face with Jung Kyungsoo.

“She likes you.” He walked Kris to the elevator.  

“I didn’t…”

“It doesn’t matter.” Kyungsoo pressed the button for the ground floor. “You’re in the inner circle now and that comes with responsibility. Don’t hurt Arran and don’t ever think of betraying Jongin’s trust. You will have me to deal with if you do.”

“Don’t scare the guy.” Kai approached and smiled at Kris, “Thanks for coming today.”

“I had a good time,” Kris told them. “I would invite you to my place but it’s not exactly…”

“Aish its fine.” Kai cut him off, “But listen we’re thinking of checking out this club.” Kyungsoo frowned, what was with Jongin and this guy. His fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter