Coffee Break

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone - I am so sorry for not updating sooner. I won't make excuses and will try and update more. I hope you will continue to read and comment. 

Arran was still upset after being rejected in front of the whole school. The new guy had some nerve. Didn’t he know who she was? Minah was all smiles as Arran took her seat in design class. “I heard I missed a really good show.” She smirked

Arran started setting up her pencils and opened her sketchbook, more than anything she wanted to be a designer. She was good at it too. Last year she had designed a jacket that her mother had proudly worn at a gala event. Arran was thrilled when the piece had been featured in one of the local newspaper’s society pages. She had already started to look into design schools local and abroad. If you want something – go and get it. One of the many things she had picked up over the years from her parents. That was why she had not even hesitated when she approached Kris Wu. Rejection was natural. But she was not used to it.

“I don’t need him.”

“Then you won’t object if I try my luck?” Minah asked and the girls around them waited. Arran noticed that the new girl was also waiting for her response.

“Would you really stoop so low?” Arran whispered meaningfully. Minah would know what she meant. Would she really do that to Chen? Arran prayed the answer was no. For many reasons, one she loved Chen dearly and she knew how he felt about Minah. It would be terrible for the Golden Quill if Minah went after Kris Wu. Second, Chen knew how to control Minah and to deal with her many moods. Thirdly, Kris was hers, she had decided. If it was a full on competition that Minah wanted, then she would lose because everyone knew that Lee Arran never lost.

Minah turned her back on Arran in a huff. Arran took that as a positive and started working on her latest creation; suits for her uncle Taehyung and Jungkook to wear at an awards ceremony next month.

“That’s really great.” Lee Sung-kyung leaned over and admired the designs. “You’re really talented.”

“Thanks!” Arran beamed under the praise.

“You know…” Minah overhearing the conversation and still not a fan of the new girl swivelled in her chair, “If you really want to grab Kris Wu’s attention, then the best approach is to make him jealous.”

“What are you talking about?” Sung-kyung didn’t like the gleam in Minah’s eyes.

“I was not talking to you for starters.” Minah held up a hand and rejected Sung-kyung. “I heard there are boys from another school here. They belong to the soccer team and are trying to case out the competition.”
“And?” Arran wasn’t really interested in a bunch of boys from some other school. All she could see was Kris Wu and his perfect hair and how his skin seemed to glow, that lazy smile of his…

“Are you listening?” Minah smacked Arran on the head with a pencil. “How about we go say hi after school and take them to that coffee shop.”

“Why would we do that?” Hyorim another Alpha asked

“Because silly little goose, apparently that’s where Kris Wu has been spotted after school.”

“Ah…” Arran rubbed her hands together.

“I don’t like it…”

“if you’re so concerned about your new friend, then come along.” Minah tossed at Sung-kyung.

“I will do that.” Sung-kyung bit her lip and wondered if she should give Mr Wu a heads up. He probably wasn’t used to this sort of thing.

“Phones away.” the teacher grabbed her phone, “You can get this back at the end of the class.” She shook her head, “Please tell the new girl how things work in my class. Creativity doesn’t happen when you’re chatting away to some boy.”Sung-kyung blushed as the other students laughed at her.

“That’s them over there.” Minah pointed out the sleek, dark car of a popular German brand. “So are we doing this?”

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter