Touch and Go

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doctor was out of the operating room. “I managed to stabilise him but he’s still unconscious.”

“What does that mean?” Sarang asked through her tears.

“He’s out of danger for now.” The doctor explained, "We have to wait for him to gain consciousness. He is thankfully not on life support and even though the bullet came close to the lungs, none of his organs has failed." 

“And what about my daughter?” Jong-hyun pushed his way through them to face the doctor.

"Someone get this man out of my sight before I kill him," Sarang said as she buried her head in Hoseok's chest. 

The doctor diplomatically led Jung-hyun away from the group.  “I’m afraid your daughter is still being operated on,” the doctor answered. “It would just be guessing at this point. Please trust that my team is working hard to make sure your daughter comes through.”

Jong-hyun turned back to the glass and watched the doctors still operating on Yoonah. Why was there news on the boy but not his daughter? He couldn’t help feeling like he was at a disadvantage. He didn’t have much choice in the matter.  The blonde-haired man had explained – his Yoonah was now a criminal. If he took her anywhere else she was sure to be arrested. It felt like hours had passed when the surgeon stepped out of the operating room. “We need a blood transfusion.” He explained to Jong-hyun. “Your daughter is O+. We don’t have enough reserves here. I would like to…”

“I can already tell you that I am type B.” Jong-hyun was panicked.

“Then we can try and source some from another Oracle branch.”

“What about other hospitals?” Jong-hyun asked, "Can't you just request more blood that way? Why do we have to wait for blood from another Oracle branch?" 

“We can do that if you’re willing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter