Her Right - Their Wrong

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Madame pointed her gun at Kai, “You have to be the first to go, you understand? No Lee heir means a new world order. The world my mother dreamt of.”

“Why?” Kai spoke quietly, he was still standing, Kyungsoo was trying to pull him back, but he pushed his friend off and faced the Madame, “Because I am the Lee heir? You’re afraid that you can’t beat me on equal ground?”

“It’s not like I’ll get the chance now,” the Madame said, “You know who I am and you also know my plan. I just didn’t want another Lee to win by default. We need new leadership in this Consortium. Not someone who wins because everyone else is too afraid to stand up.”

Kai smiled and bending his head he started to laugh. The elders were on edge and the House Masters made ready to attack, Kai was being too aggressive, “I’m sorry to laugh but I just have to ask. Do you think my father cheated? Do you think he is a President by cheating?” The Madame didn’t answer, “Do you really think that’s how things went down?” Kai was serious now, ‘You weren’t there, you were a child. How would you know?” No one spoke now, Lee Jongin had finally lost his cool for real this time and it was fabulous, “You don’t know anything. You only know what your mother told you and she wasn’t even there.” Kai said, “So I’m sorry. I don’t believe you. My father is the rightful leader of this Consortium.”

“Fine, I’ll give you that.” The Madame conceded.

“Then you must also give me this. Your mother left and she left you. No matter what happened she had a chance to reunite with you but she chose not to. Own that, make peace with that.”

“My mother was a victim.”

“Everyone can be a victim.” Kai said, “But your mother was in the States for a long time. Why did she only decide to contact you when she was sick?”

“She was…”

‘No,” Kai cut her off, “She could have contacted you because she did contact you at the end. There was no House Master watching over her, she could have written any time but she chose to only do so at the end. How is that our fault?”

“You’re too cruel.” The Madame whispered, “How can you be like this after all I’ve told you?”

“No one is saying they don’t sympathise,” Kai said, “We do but it’s not black and white is it? I’m not going to let you blame me or my family for something that happened before our time.”

The Madame was silent and they thought she had seen reason but then she raised her gun again, “I have no life now, but I can take you with me.”

“Don’t do that Yoonah,” a voice spoke from the front of the room and everyone looked around and saw a man standing with a young girl. 

“I’m sorry to be late,” Miranda said to Gaelin as she entered the room with Hong Jong-hyun. Sehun gasped as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter