Kris's Choice

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time Kris reached the podium and faced the room, he had still not made up his mind. He had so many things to consider, his mother, the people in this room and the Madame, waiting for him to announce her. Kris cleared his throat. Namjoon stepped forward and opened a bottle of water for him. Kris drank deeply and straightened his tie, “I still can’t get used to this…” he said but no one laughed, they didn’t even smile to ease his discomfort. They just stared at him expectantly. This was business, they were waiting to hear whether he would betray them. Kris stared down at the speech he prepared, but it didn’t feel fitting anymore.

In the next room, the Madame stood in the smart designer suit, with her face unmasked and with her trusty lieutenant and her henchmen. “You better hope your son does the right thing.” She told the tied up woman, “If he doesn’t…”she cocked the gun and pointed it at Kris’s mother. This was her security, she had to go this far to get what she wanted but she still hoped that after everything they’d been through together that Kris would take her side.

 “I am a stranger, but you welcomed me into your home.” He coughed, “Um I…” he met Hoseok’s eyes and sighed, “I called you here to make a big announcement, but I can’t do that anymore…” he stared at his speech, “When I first came here it was to meet my father and I thought it was to take revenge on him and the people I thought were responsible for my unhappiness. I know now, that I ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter