Cornered

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai woke early; he was too excited to sleep any longer. All he could think about was this would be the day he would see Lee Sung-kyung again. It hadn’t even been a month and he had missed her so much. He had so many things he wanted to say, come back – be mine – I don’t want to wait when we can be together now – I won’t talk about money, just come back and I will stand at your side. You don’t have to stand by mine. All these things raced through his mind. Beside him, Arran snored softly. Kai smiled fondly and nudged her. “Let’s go for a run.”

“Do I look like Baekhyun or Sehun?” she grumbled.

“I am nervous...” Kai spoke to her even though she was sleeping. “What if she rejects me?”

Arran opened her eyes and stared ahead as she listened to her older brother pour his heart out. They had really grown closer this year, maybe they could be thankful to the evil Madame for that much.

“Maybe I’m not good enough?” Kai sounded so lost.

Arran turned over and hugged him, “I’m not sure if I want you to be with someone who doesn’t know you’re the best.” She said, using his words on him. Kai smiled but still looked sad. “Kaiah. You are the sunlight in all our lives. Anyone who sees you wants to bask in your light. Everywhere you go, people stop and stare. Heaven forbid, they realise how strong and courageous you are, or what a big heart you have. If they knew that, they would never let you go.”

“When did you get so sentimental?” he the hair back from her face.

“Kaiah, even if Sung-kyung ssi turns her back on you, I will always stand by you. I will not get married. We will live together and relegate mom and dad to the Lee Estate.”

Kai laughed, “We will give Baekhyun his indoor soccer field too.”

“Yes, and I will turn mom’s conservatory into my studio.”

“I like thinking about how happy we will be in the future,” Kai said.

“Aren’t you happy now? Aren’t you happy we’re all together and that mom is alive?”

“You’re right.” Kai kissed the top of her head, “Thanks kid. Now get up so we can go for a run.”

“Aish,” Arran complained but she pushed the covers back and left the room to change.

Kai reached for his phone and messaged Sung-kyung to tell her that he couldn’t wait to see her. Arran was right, why hold back now?

“Registration is this way President,” Taehyung’s PA guided him up the red carpet toward the entrance of the Museum. They were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter