Work For It

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris saw Arran step on the court and for a moment he thought of Lee Sung-kyung. Every day, Sung-kyung would visit him on the court and they would talk, okay mostly argue about their plot, but he missed her. Kris sighed.

“Oppa, what is wrong? What are you thinking about?” Arran asked

“I miss Lee Sung-kyung.” He admitted. He knew what he was doing. He was trying to make her jealous.

“Omo!” Arran smiled and didn’t feel jealous at all, “Oppa we are planning to visit Sung-kyung ssi this weekend. Wanna come with?”

Kris wondered if the Madame would let him leave? He really needed some space from her. It was such a good idea, but he had already seen Sung-kyung. What if she said something to the others.

“Come on,” Arran sensed his hesitation, “It will be fun. We haven’t spent a lot of time together. Just hanging out with friends instead of Consortium members.”
“Did you stay after school just to ask me this?”

“Why are you here so late?” Arran asked, “I thought you might be at the company.”

“I needed to work out some stress.” Kris explained, “But I will head over there now.”

“I didn’t mean that you’re lazy or anything. I think it’s amazing how you handle school, work and the Consortium.”

“The elders are helping out a lot.” Kris mentioned, “Hoseok hyung has a lot of advice.”

“He’s a great mentor.” Arran agreed. “Why do you think Kyungsoo oppa is the way he is?”

Kris carried the ball over to the basket and pulled on his jacket. “I guess that should give me hope. One day I will be like you guys.”

Arran didn’t know why Kris seemed so down. He was always a little closed off, but after what happened in the Lee Lodge, she hoped that they’d grow closer. But to her disappointment, Kris hadn’t made a move. Even though she had accompanied him to school, he was still too reserved around her. “Oppa…” Kris looked up. “I want us to be closer. Is that something you want too?” Arran was putting herself on the line here, “If you don’t like me in that way, then tell me.”

Kris shouldn’t be surprised. After Arran had come onto him at the Lee Lodge, he realised she was not shy and went after the things she wanted. Arran was used to getting her way and he didn’t want to make things too easy for her.

“I’ll take that as a no then.” Arran stepped back and had a hurt look on her face.

“Arran, you have to be patient. I have a lot on my plate. I don’t think I am ready for anything serious.”

“So it’s not a no then?” Arran quickly smiled, “Thanks oppa, that’s all I wanted to hear. I'll see you tonight at the Club,” she quickly kissed his cheek and rushed out of the gym. Kris touched his cheek. If only she knew how much he liked her but he knew if he gave in too easily, their romance might only be a brief thing for the girl who could get whatever she wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter