Taehyung's Choice

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung watched the practice and filled out his evaluation form. This idol boy group was up for debut and he had a tough decision to make – were they ready?
“Taehyungah…” Jungkook whispered to him. “We need to talk.”

“Do we?” Taehyung concentrated on watching the group’s performance. “Don’t you think we have more important things to worry about?” He was actually trying to avoid this talk. Hoseok and Gaelin had put a very big task on him and he wasn't sure he was ready for it. 

“So you intend to pretend like everything’s okay?” Jungkook was at his wit's end with this guy. They worked together and lived together, but since Gaelin’s death scare, Taehyung acted like he didn’t exist. “Listen, it's nearing 21:00, why don’t we eat somewhere?”

“Oh so now you want to eat with me?” Taehyung pretended to concentrate on the performance, but Jungkook was stealing all his attention. He couldn't let him go. They were mean to ask it of him. At least this way, Jungkook paid attention to him. 

“You were also wrong.” Jungkook tried to make him feel guilty, “I heard the whole truth from nuna and the House Master. I was even shocked that Hoseok hyung was involved.  You all betrayed me…”

“Then we’re even,” Taehyung growled and some of the other employees glanced back at them. Taehyung put on a fake smile and clapped his hands, “Thank you for your efforts. We will make our decision and let you know no later than tomorrow.” The five boys bowed, “You have worked hard,” Taehyung praised the group. “As a reward for all your work, you will eat a meal of your choice. Please discuss with your manager.” Taehyung started to pack up his notes.

“Taehyungah I can’t think of anything else…”

Taehyung turned to his assistant, “Set up a meeting for the morning. We will deliver the decision then.” His assistant nodded and rushed off to inform the group and their manager. “You’re just confused.” Taehyung finally turned to Jungkook, “Maybe you need a break? Why don’t you and Ryu Hyeri take a holiday?”

“I’m not doing anything until things are settled between us.” Jungkook followed Taehyung out of the practice room. Taehyung pressed the button to the elevator and waited. “How can I leave when I don’t know if I’m still part of this company?”

“Is that what you’re worried about?” Taehyung smirked and entered the elevator. Jungkook stepped in with him.

A group of managers also approached, “Take the next one.” Jungkook said and pressed the button for the elevator to close. It was out of character and he saw how shocked his employees were but he needed every moment alone with Taehyung.

“So now you’re rude too?” Taehyung received a message. “I can’t meet for dinner. Hoseok hyung wants me to meet him at Finite for drinks.” He was actually grateful for the excuse. Jungkook checked his phone and realised he hadn’t been invited. “Look,” Taehyung pressed the emergency button and stopped the elevator “I’m not going to leave this company or m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter