Together Again

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon took a deep breath and nodded to Tanaka who opened the doors to the ballroom, revealing the rest of the Consortium members behind him. “What is the meaning of this delay?” Chairman Lee demanded as he rose from his seat. He watched as the rest of his family marched into the room and took their seats. “Well about damn time. Sit down all of you. I know you’re upset but this is hardly the time to let manners drop from your lap.”

Julian, Ren and Luca took their seats at the table. This was going to chaos but they didn’t care.

Namjoon smiled, “Why is he smiling like that?” Sarang asked Jiyeon.

“Everyone’s gone a bit crazy after the news,” Jiyeon whispered as the kids walked into the room and took their seats. 

Soo-hyuk looked up only slightly interested at all the commotion. He just wanted to get this meal over and done with. 

“Now I know this is going to come as a shock.” Hoseok said as he entered with Yoongi, “Please remain calm...” he and Yoongi turned and Gaelin entered the room with Namjoon behind her. Namjoon closed the doors and went to take his seat.

Gaelin stood there in front of the silent room. No one said anything. No one moved but Jiyeon moaned and then fainted, falling off her chair.

“You owe me 100 bucks.” Luca joked with Julian.

“Well, at least one person is happy to see me,” Gaelin said and found Soo-hyuk at the end of the room. He was staring at her like he didn’t really see her. He tried to stand but his legs wouldn’t support him. Gaelin smiled at him. “Gaelin…” Soo-hyuk couldn’t take much more of this. Was his mind now conjuring her? He didn’t want the fake Gaelin, he needed the real thing.  

“Don’t everyone get up at the same time.” Gaelin chided in her usual manner. Luca and Yoongi helped Jiyeon as she regained consciousness. 

“Is it really you?” Sarang had tears in her eyes. “You horrible brat!” she cried and was off her seat and hugging Gaelin. Gaelin laughed as she hugged her friend back.

Soo-hyuk in his breath. “Yes, she’s real. Why don't you test it out?” Hoseok had come to stand beside him. Soo-hyuk’s head was reeling as the room erupted and everyone was off their chairs, feeling her, holding her, having her look at them. His Gaelin. He rose and slammed his hand on the table, “Everyone out!” he yelled and the room fell silent. “Everyone but you.” He pointed at his wife.

“Aish, he will ruin a happy moment.” Hoseok muttered as they all left the room, “Listen, take it easy okay? She is still hurt…”

“Out!” Soo-hyuk bellowed and Tanaka quickly closed the door.

“Who wants champagne?” Tanaka asked the restless group.

“Brilliant idea!” Chairman Min cried out, “Let’s make a party of it. We hardly all get together.”

“You heard the Chairman.” Tanaka clapped his hand, “We will move to the terrace. Make ready.” The household staff jumped into action as they went to fetch heaters and set up the outside bar. No one minded, this was a day to celebrate.

"Do you need to rest?" Yoongi asked his wife but she just smiled, "I'm sorry about this morning." 
"It's all in the past." she hugged him in her happiness, "Oh I feel lightheaded." 

“Did you know?” Kris caught Kai’s arm.

“Of course not.” Kai told his friend, “No one knew except the Song House Master, grandma and grandmamma.” He slung his arm around Kris’s shoulder, “but who cares. My mother is alive!”

“Yes,” Kris smiled and quickly pulled out his phone.

“Put that away.” Hoseok said as he came to stand beside Kris, “Everyone who needs to know is here, right?”

“Right.” Kris slipped his phone back into his pocket and followed the others out onto the terrace.

Gaelin tried to read her husband. Slowly she approached Soo-hyuk. He was still standing at the head of the table. He watched her silent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter