Reign of Terror

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I did a bit of an edit on the last chapter but nothing too hectic. 

“It looks like this is where your reign of terror ends.” The Madame said. Ren had to time this just right. Now that she had eyes on all the children, she could diffuse the situation. Gaelin had sent her the signal, one shot was all they needed and she had to make it count.

Gaelin was always surprised by how quiet everything grew when you thought your life was coming to an end. In the past, she had always seen Soo-hyuk but now she had so much more to live for. The last time her life had been in danger, she had been trapped in a hole in the ground and it was Woo Minjae who was with her. Then he had asked what she would miss the most and she had told him about how she’d miss her home, how she’d regret not seeing Namjoon finally admit his feelings for Tanaka and how she wished she could see Jungkook and Taehyung find their own happiness. 18 years ago she had thought about her unborn child, Kai growing in her stomach and depending on her to deliver him safely into the world.

Tanaka rushed into the library, “I’m a fool.”

“We’re all fools,” Hoseok said.

“No, you see they took a Lee vehicle and all estate and company vehicles are…”

“Fitted with trackers.” Namjoon snapped his fingers. Tanaka nodded, “Have you located the car?”

“Yes, they seem to have stopped just outside the city on Route 7,” Tanaka confirmed. "Oracle has also called back to say they are now in contact with the team." 

“There’s nothing but factories out there.” Soo-hyuk was familiar with the area.

“Perfect for this sort of situation.” Yoongi realised. “Well let’s get going then.”

“I don’t thing it’s a good idea.” Namjoon protested. “We can’t every single member of the Consortium out there and at risk. We don’t know the situation yet.”

“We are going and that’s final.” Soo-hyuk said, “Now get a car. Tanaka, Julian and Luca will remain with Minah ssi.”

The assistant butler hurried with the coats as everyone rushed into the hallway.

“We have no time for all that now.” Namjoon shoed them away. Tanaka got off the phone, “The car is ready. Please be careful.”

“Aren’t we always?” Taehyung was still trying to get hold of Jungkook with no success.

“Watch him will you?” Tanaka asked Namjoon before he stepped into the elevator. “He is a bit upset tonight.”

Namjoon frowned, he hadn’t realised. But then there was so much more to worry about.

“I just hope we’re in time.” Yoongi said.

“Or that we get there and nothing has happened.” Hoseok added as the elevator went down.

“Beg me,” The Madame hesitated from pulling the trigger, “Beg me for your life and I might be inclined to listen.” Gaelin nodded her head, it was a slight movement but Ren had been trained to notice the smallest detail.

“Not going to beg?” The Madame respected that. “Here we go then. Close your eyes children.”

Ren fired. The bullet sailed through the air, a beautiful straight shot that passed in-between Kyungsoo and Chen’s shoulders. Silent, as it sought out its target. The Madame’s finger quivered and then she stumbled back. She pressed her hand to her arm as the blood started to seep through her clothes. Gaelin tackled the Madame to the floor.  “Kids now!” Gaelin cried as she struggled with the Madame.

Ren started to take out the hostiles. “We’re moving in,” Max said through her earpiece. 

“Well thank heavens. Hurry up we’re outnumbered in here.” Ren continued to shoot at hostiles. There were so many of them. This was a mess from start to finish. 

Sehun didn’t need telling twice as the gun fired, he punched the man beside him and took his gun and fired a shot into his shoulder. “Those are real bullets.” Kai was shocked.

“Wanna die instead?” Sehun yelled as he raced across the room toward Arran. He tackled her captors

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter