We All Need Help

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung-kyung got off the taxi and stared at the open road. It was quiet, it was dark, it was damn scary. One step and then another, she took one step and then another and then she ran into the darkness. A factory, she was looking for a factory with the number 21 on its side. Her breath came out in white clouds. It was beautiful but she was so afraid. This road was endless and she was alone. But she ran on, her sister was waiting for her. It was endless. There were so many factories and no lights. Sung-kyung stopped and coughed, she was so out of shape for this sort of thing. Her phone was fully charged but what was this – no signal? Sung-kyung looked around, all this open space, all this darkness and she was here alone. I need to go on, for Emi. She started to run again. It was nearing midnight, she needed to be there on time.  I will get there on time. She ran on, her chest was burning and her mind was going crazy. How afraid could a person be? I don’t want to die.

“How far now?” Kai asked the driver. They were stuck in traffic and he knew they wouldn’t make it at this rate.

“We can’t help this.” Chen tried to sooth Kai.

“But we will never get there in time.” Baekhyun agreed with his brother.

“Kaiah,” the driver met his young master’s eyes in the review mirror, “I am driving as best as I can.”

“I can’t take this,” Kai told Sehun, “We can’t be late.”

Sehun made a decision, he leaned over to the driver, “Hyung do whatever you need to, we need to make it there before midnight." 

“But what about tickets and…”

“I will take care of that. Hyung just drive like there’s no tomorrow. We have someone we need to save. Please hyung, I know you care for us…” Sehun tried to convince the driver.

The driver looked at the kids in the backseat, “We’re on a mission?”

“Yes,” Kyungsoo said, “This is the most important mission.”

“But I am just a driver?” the young man was still hesitant.

“Hyung I promise I will promote you when I am president.” Kai said bravely.

“Really?” the driver was still unsure. “I am just 23, will you really promote someone like me?”

“What is your name?” Kai asked. He suddenly felt ashamed for never asking this guy’s name.

“Lee Taemin,” the driver answered.
“And what do you want to be Lee Taemin?” Kai asked

“A lawyer.” T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter