Grounded

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boys are in trouble and things don't go Kai's way. 

Kai and Kyungsoo were led up the spiral staircase and into a smartly decorated office. The room was dark with warm lighting and the Madame sat in the shadows, next to a fireplace.

Welcome to my little club. I can’t tell you what an honour it is to meet you.” Kai and Kyungsoo bowed. “I am sorry about my little Zara. She can be hot-headed at times.”

“Is that her real name?” Kyungsoo asked, “and the masks.” The Madame raised a hand to the mask and smiled.

“These are for our protection. As you can imagine the people who work here want their identities protected.”

“Because it’s illegal,” Kai said plainly.
“Because they want to live normal lives.” The Madame corrected.

“Well, thank you for the apology but we really must leave now,” Kyungsoo said.

“Will you come back?” Mr S asked.

“No…” Kyungsoo was quick but so was Kai to contradict him.   

“It seems like you are in two minds.” The Madame smiled and lifted six envelopes; “There are six of you right?”

“That is…” Kyungsoo wanted to say disturbing but he didn’t know this Madame and he wasn’t about to reveal too much, “sufficient.” He collected the envelopes and placed them into his suit pocket, “Thank you.”

Kai turned to leave, “I have heard great things about your mother’s beauty.” He turned back. “Song Gaelin is your mother,” the Madame raised a brow.

“I would prefer if my mother’s name is not mentioned here,” Kai said plainly.

“We meant no disrespect.” Mr S said. “A great beauty like that, we can see where you get your presence from.”

Kai clenched his hands and the Madame smiled, “Please do come back again. I promise to make it worth your while.”

“The girl, Zara or whatever she calls herself.”

“What about her?”

“I want her,” Kai said and Kyungsoo looked up at the ceiling, aish this punk was not making his life easy.

“Done,” The Madame leant back, “anything else?”

“I expect her to apologise.”

“I can arrange that.” Mr S stated.

This time they did leave. Once outside, Kyungsoo grabbed Kai by the shoulder, “Yah, what did I say? We’re not coming back here. You saw what its like. Why must you keep doing this? How many clubs will you drag me into?”

“I have my reasons.” Kai didn’t meet his eyes.

Kyungsoo released him, “What reason is so secret that you can’t tell me? Do you suddenly have a thing for that girl?”

Kai laughed, “As if.”

“Then what?” Kai shrugged, “fine. Let’s just go home. This night has been weird. That Madame freaked me out and the thin guy too.”

“Thank you Kyungsoo ah, for coming with me.” Kai softened as they managed to hail a taxi back to Finite. “I will pay you back in love hundred times over.”
“Please don’t” Kyungsoo groaned. He was still upset but hated it and he didn’t want to talk in the back of a taxi.

When they arrived at the suite, they heard voices from the lounge. Luckily it was just Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were with Sehun.

“What are you guys doing here?” Kyungsoo asked.

Kai went straight for the fried chicken that the boys were eating. Kyungsoo took a seat at the coffee table.

“We came to keep Sehunie company,” Chanyeol said.

“How was it?” Sehun asked once they were all eating and watching the movie. Kai came to sit beside him and rested his head on Sehun’s shoulder, their argument long  forgotten.

“So weird.” Kai and Kyungsoo explained the setup of Club X and their less than indiscreet first appearance.

“I can’t believe you went to another one.” Baekhyun chided, “Hyung why do you let him do these things?”

“I am not his mother.” Kyungsoo snapped, “I went to make sure he didn’t get into trouble.”

“You failed.” Chanyeol joked and everyone laughed.

“Please tell me it's in the past now?” Sehun said. Kyungsoo pulled out the six invites and dropped them on the table.

“We’re all going?” Baekhyun lifted an invite and inspected it, “Tomorrow?”

“Tell Chen will you?” Kai asked Chanyeol, “Where is he anyway? It feels like I haven’t seen him in days.”

“He’s being Chen.” Chanyeol yawned, “but I will make sure he’s there.”

They settled back to watch the movie and eventually fell asleep on the couches. Kai was still awake and unable to sleep. He was too fired up. Club X, the clientele, serving kids alcohol, the girls who were modern day slaves, and that Madame. It made his blood turn cold. He needed more time in Club X. That troublemaker had provided him with the perfect excuse to go back.

“Kai,” Sehun whispered

“Hmm?”

“What is this really about?”

Kai contemplated telling his brother, but no, he was not ready, “Go to sleep.”

“I’m worried about you.”

“Sehun,”

“Both of you shut it.” Kyungsoo shoved Sehun’s foot. “Save the family heart to heart for later.”

Kai grinned and finally closed his eyes.

When Kai eventually woke, he was alone in the lounge at Finite and it looked like housekeeping had already been in to clean up. He washed his face in one the bathrooms and went outside. Everyone was enjoying a large breakfast and Chen was even there. “Look who it is,” Kai ruffled Chen’s hair as he sat at the head of the table. “Can you order me some clothes?” he asked Kyungsoo. He was still wearing his suit and felt grimy. “Jeans and a shirt, shoes too.” Kyungsoo went inside to order a new set of clothes. “I slept like a baby.”

“We know,” Baekhyun teased, “I must have jumped on you but you were out cold.”

“Rough night?” Chen mocked and Kai waved off his teasing. “I really don’t’ want to go tonight.”

“Well we’re all going, so you’re going,” Chanyeol told him.

“Hyung seriously please try to be part of this Consortium,” Sehun begged of his friend.

“Arasseo.” Chen leaned back, “but I m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter