To Kiss A Boy

Amortentia ( To Kiss a Boy )

The Quidditch season had begun and it was the only thing people ever talked about since the trials began and everyone who wanted to be a part of the glory started busting their asses trying to get on the team. Baekhyun loved the smell of competition in the air. It was amusing to him to see people get so riled that they start spouting nasty comments about other people. A first year already got docked ten points from the Slytherin house for attempting to punch an arrogant little Gryffindor in his potions class. Baekhyun couldn’t have been more proud when he heard that. It was ten points worth losing.

Baekhyun usually didn’t indulge himself with breakfast, but his boyfriend started nagging him about his habit. It started from subtly hinting with “Maybe if you ate, you’d smile more” all the way to “Okay, you need to start eating breakfast. I mean it”, which, in the boy’s defense, was plausible, especially after Baekhyun almost fainted during a morning Defense Against the Dark Arts class. The bogart that came out of the closet was too much for him. For one, it was morning, so Baekhyun did feel a bit hazy. Second, the bogart turned into his worst nightmare. And lastly, Baekhyun felt light headed from not eating that particular morning. The entire event landed him in the hospital wing and into hot waters with his protective boyfriend.

After that event, Baekhyun made it a personal goal to go to breakfast at least four times a week, which explained why he was sitting at a sparsely occupied table, forking his english blue muffin to bits. He already ate two sausages and drank a cup of water, but when he looked up and saw his boyfriend at the Gryffindor’s table hold up an apple, the brunet sighed. Begrudgingly, he reached over and took a fruit from one of the levitating bowls, which satisfied the boy watching him.

Baekhyun only rolled his eyes. Park Chanyeol was something else.

Captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team, prefect, and well-liked, Chanyeol was something Baekhyun never really considered dating until early on during their sixth year at Hogwarts. There was nothing wrong with the boy. He was more than six foot tall, handsome, and charming. Even his half-blood status didn’t bother Baekhyun, who had nothing against anybody who wasn’t pureblood like him or his entire ancestry. It was the mere fact that Chanyeol was a Gryffindor that made the brunet hesitant when he started noticing the boy’s advances.

There was a list that Baekhyun made when he had to make a decision whether to start dating the Gryffindor or not. The first thing on that list was family approval, obviously put under the con section. Along with that, there was height difference, the fact that they were in different houses, different selection of friends, and personality clashes. The only pro to dating him was the fact that Chanyeol’s face wasn’t a sore to look at, and that he seemed genuine enough, which, at the time, kind of grossed Baekhyun out. It was honestly a headache just trying to think about the pros and the cons, but by the end of spring, Baekhyun found himself agreeing to date the tall Gryffindor. What he thought would only be a temporary relationship ended up actually being... nice.

-

-

“So…”

“Hm?”

“The Quidditch match next month…”

Baekhyun glanced over at the Gryffindor, who wasn’t being helpful at all with their assignment. “What about it?”

“Are you coming?”

“No,” the Slytherin immediately replied. He brought a hand to the latter’s face and pushed him aside. “You’re leaning on the instructions, Chanyeol.”

Huffing, the giant of a boy moved away, but found another place to linger to watch the straight-faced Slytherin stir the cauldron in front of them. “You never go to any of the games.”

“And you never help me with anything in this class. Can you at least slice the herbs?”

Picking up a small knife on their table, Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he reached over for the only green thing next to him. He safely assumed those were the herbs Baekhyun was talking about. “People already know we’re dating if that’s what you’re worried about-- Oh! By the way, seven month anniversary next month. Guess what I want as a gift from you?”

“I already said no.”

“Why do I have to beg my own boyfriend to come see me play?” Chanyeol asked. “My teammates get to kiss and hug their partners after winning matches.”

“You mean when your Gryffindor friends and their Gryffindor significant others?” Baekhyun said, brows raised.

Frowning at him, Chanyeol stopped cutting. “Not just Gryffindors. Sehun’s boyfriend’s in Ravenclaw, and Junmyeon’s girlfriend’s from Hufflepuff.”

“Ah, but no one except you is dating anyone from Slytherin.” Peering at the cauldron, Baekhyun noticed that it was beginning to thicken. “Chanyeol, I need those now. It’s almost done.”

“No one wants to date a Slytherin because that’s, like, against the house code,” Chanyeol started, finishing up with the herbs, “but I don’t care about the code. If I did, I wouldn’t have a boyfriend with a hot--”

“Chanyeol--”

“Brain.” The latter grinned. “And I’d probably be stuck with someone really boring and not short or cute or with brown eyes who’s really mean by day, but really freaky by night, and--”

“For god’s sake, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun grabbed the herbs and threw them in the cauldron just before the potion began to bubble. “If only you worked as much as you talked about me, which is really embarrassing, so can you stop?”

“I love to embarrass you,” the Gryffindor said unapologetically as he shrugged. “Let’s me know that you’re listening.”

“Your tactics are interesting.”

“Are they interesting enough to get you to come to this one game? Just one.” Holding up a finger, Chanyeol cocked his head. “If you come, baby I swear--like on my life--that I’ll make you proud.”

“Why’re you so desperate?” Baekhyun asked as he glanced down to watch the liquid turn orange. “If you want me to give you a victory kiss, then I can always give you one the next day or at breakfast.”

“It’s not the same. It’s really not, and--Is that supposed to turn orange?”

Nodding, Baekhyun looked back at the instructions. “It’s healing paste so, yes.”

“Okay, well, as I was saying--”

“Chanyeol, let’s talk about this some other time.” Raising his hand, Baekhyun made the effort to be seen by the Potions instructor. “I’ll think about it. I have some things to study for, plus duties and a bunch of other . I’ll let you know.”

Despite the promise, Chanyeol gave him a weary look. “You give me the same ‘let’s talk later’ speech every time I ask.”

“Then you should already know that my answer’s probably going to be--”

“No.”

-

-

It was difficult to say no every time Chanyeol asked. Even when the match didn’t involve either of their houses, Baekhyun was set on never attending any type of game for the sole purpose of staying unbiased. It’d hurt the Gryffindor captain’s feelings if he didn’t attend his games, but attended another house’s. The latter just didn’t understand the feeling of being torn between who to cheer for. It was a petty issue, but an issue nonetheless. Baekhyun didn’t want to be a Slytherin cheering for the rival house, but he didn’t want to be the terrible boyfriend selfishly cheering for his own house when his boyfriend was captain of the opposing team.

Sighing, Baekhyun walked across the courtyard, intent on being early for his next class, Arithmancy.There were some things he needed to speak to about with the professor, plus a little shameful confession that he might need more help in the class than he would’ve liked to confess openly.

After a while, he noticed he felt a little paranoid, similarly to the way a person would feel if they felt like they were being…followed. Stopping in his tracks, Baekhyun whipped his head around and confirmed the feeling in his gut. Annoying Gryffindors, most likely third or fourth years, watching him like a pack of wolves. They also stopped.

If there was one thing Baekhyun resented, it was Chanyeol’s popularity. Ever since it became public knowledge that the two of them were not enemies, but rather, more than friends, it spurred mixed reaction between the rival houses. However, oddly enough, it was Baekhyun who received the most attention for it all. Though his reputation amongst his Slytherin peers was still high and well, he wasn’t surprised when a few individuals mocked him for dating someone who wasn’t pure blooded or from the same house. It wasn’t uncommon for people to date other students from other houses, but when it came to Slytherin, people just seemed to like their own kind, which Baekhyun resented.

-

-

Jongin was the captain of the Ravenclaw team as well as a beater-- and he was damn well good at it. He was also Chanyeol’s rival, though neither bothered to confirm nor deny what everyone else could already see and assume for themselves. Since Baekhyun had no interest in Quidditch at all, he never bothered with the entire rivalry business. Besides, Jongin was his partner for Divination.

Unlike Chanyeol who was often distracted (Baekhyun didn’t want to say useless) during Potions, Jongin was an attentive partner who actually understood the subject of Divination more than Baekhyun himself, which was both surprising and pleasant. The boy was smart and witty, and he often made Baekhyun laugh despite how serious they had to be in order to see the future from a couple of bones.

They were instructed to focus on a hazy and clouded mystic ball the day after Chanyeol had begged him to attend the upcoming match. As much as Baekhyun would’ve liked to avoid the subject of Quidditch, there was practically no escaping it being that he was the boyfriend of the Gryffindor captain and the class partner of the Ravenclaw captain.

“I know you have this rule about staying unbiased, but do you ever think about going anyways?”

Baekhyun glanced up at Jongin who was looking at him with a smirk. He didn’t know how to answer, not because he was flustered. Instead, he was just tired of answering the same question over and over again. “No. I don’t.”

“What’s the worst that could happen?”

People were so petty and annoying that the best thing to do to avoid all of the unnecessary drama was to just avoid the cause of it entirely. For him, it was going to the games.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun looked back at the crystal ball. “I just don’t care for Quidditch. I’d rather study than go to one of the matches.”

Jongin raised a brow as he inched closer. “You know, you’re actually one of the more decent Slytherins I’ve met. Some people from your house are…”

“Stupid?”

“Well, that,” the latter said, chuckling, “but I was going to say that they’re brutes.”

“They play rough,” Baekhyun replied, shrugging. “Or so I’ve heard.”

“You heard right,” Jongin confirmed. “I broke a couple of fingers once because they hit the bludger and it smashed my right hand.”

Baekhyun felt like throwing up. Quidditch wasn’t an entirely violent sport. He didn’t understand Chanyeol’s obsession with it. However, there were always accidents and he had the unfortunate chance to witness them every time he had to go visit Chanyeol in the hospital wing for something that could’ve been avoided like a broken wrist and, one time, a broken arm. He would never forget it since he had to feed the giant over at the Gryffindor table for an entire week while his bones mended.

“I don’t think I’m up for seeing injuries this weekend,” Baekhyun reasoned as he shrugged.

“But--”

Just as Jongin was about to make a rebuttal, the professor interrupted by instructing the class to begin focusing on the ball and attempt to catch a glimpse at the future. Usually, Baekhyun wouldn’t see anything, but staring at a ball was a good way to avoid having to talk about Quidditch for a while.

From the corner of his eye, he could see Jongin yawn. The young man didn’t care much for Divination despite being very good at it for the most part. He usually used it to foresee the future for his matches, but that was just about as useful that class ever got for him.

Turning his own attention to the ball, Baekhyun stared at it, maybe hoping that something would appear, but at the same time, his success rate for having any type of prophecies in that class was about zero.

However, just as he was about to zone out (as usual), he could've sworn he saw the clouds moving faster than it was moving before. Seconds before he was about to look away, the swirling clouds began to make images that confused him. Then, like a light bulb, the moment he realized what he was watching, Baekhyun pushed the crystal ball away from him.

Mortified, he darted his eyes over at Jongin who didn’t seem to notice anything. Raising a brow over at the Slytherin, he made a face. “What?”

Baekhun’s throat was dry, but he managed to swallow and reply, even if his voice sounded… weird. “Nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. I’m sure.”

-

-

.

Not everything about prophecies came true, right? There had to be some failure out there, maybe a prophecy gone wrong or something? Baekhyun was out of it. Of course prophecies came true. That’s why they were called prophecies! Was he suddenly daft!?

“Hey, Baekhyun!”

Snapping out of it, Baekhyun immediately stopped just as he was about to hit Jongdae, one of Chanyeol’s friends. The latter was taken aback and was quick to notice the boy’s expression.

“Are you okay?”

Baekhyun could feel his heart wanting to break out of his chest. No, he wasn’t fine. “Yeah, why do you ask?”

“You just look like you have something on your mind.”

“I don’t. I’m just busy, Jongdae,” Baekhyun replied, probably being a little too harsh and sharp about it. Feeling guilty for the tone that he used, the brunet sighed as rubbed the bridge of his nose. “Listen, I’m sorry. I’m just… a little stressed. That’s all.”

“Oh, I see. Well, don’t study too hard, alright?” Jongdae said, offering a smile. “And before I forget, Chanyeol was looking for you. He said to tell you to meet him at the library if I ever bumped into you somewhere.”

“Chanyeol?” It took a second to register the name. He really was going mental. “Oh, right. Yeah, I’ll go meet up with him right now.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jongdae questioned again, maybe hoping that Baekhyun would change his mind and actually tell the truth.

But then again, he was hoping for too much.

“I’m perfect.”

-

-

“You saw yourself kissing who!?”

“Jongin!”

Kyungsoo gasped. The Slytherin was appalled and looked almost… mad? Baekhyun wasn’t quite sure, but he also wasn’t paying much attention to Kyungsoo’s face since he had his own predicament.

“Why!?”

“I don’t know! The bloody ball didn’t tell me!” Baekhyun plopped his on the couch set right in the middle of the Slytherin common area and groaned. “What does it mean, Soo?”

“You tell me!” Kyungsoo replied, standing over Baekhyun with his arms crossed. “Divination is a tricky subject. Often times, you’re shown one thing, but it might not mean what you think it does.”

“I’m pretty sure I saw our lips locked, Soo,” the brunet mumbled, closing his eyes and putting an arm over them. “It was at a damn Quidditch match, too.”

“Don’t you hate Quidditch?”

“I don’t hate it. I just don’t care about it.”

“Then you don’t have to worry!” Kyungsoo said, throwing his arms in the air. “What’re you freaking out about? If you don’t like Quidditch, then you won’t go to any of the games. If you don’t go to any of the games, the prophecy won’t come true.”

“Kyungsoo, it’s a prophecy. I don’t think I can bypass it.”

“You can try.”

-

-

“Why have you been avoiding me?”

Baekhyun jolted when he heard the voice behind him. Turning around, he saw the tall Gryffindor walking closer to him as they both neared the Potions classroom.

“I haven't,” he simply said.

“Don't lie to me,” Chanyeol replied, frowning at him. “Is it because I kept bothering you about Quidditch?”

“No--Yes, I mean… No, it's not.”

“No, yes… Which is it?”

Baekhyun didn't want to think about it. If he did, flashes of Jongin’s lips against his own would just run through his mind and… Ugh.

“Chanyeol, believe me. I'm not avoiding you.”

“I haven't seen you all day, not to mention you just disappeared on me since yesterday afternoon…” Chanyeol held the door open and let the smaller male walk in the classroom before him. “What's wrong?”

“Nothing's wrong,” Baekhyun insisted, lowering his voice so other students wouldn't eavesdrop. “I've been busy studying.”

“Baekhyun--”

“Can you please just let it go, Chanyeol!?” It came off too harshly, but Baekhyun attempted to remedy it by changing the tone of his voice immediately after to sound less aggressive‍. “I just… I just don't want to be bothered right now. That's all. I have things going on and --”

However, it was too late. Chanyeol’s entire stature changed as he walked ahead of the latter. “Never mind. Let's just set up our station before class. I want to finish early today.”

“Chanyeol.” The brunet pursed his lips. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to come off like that. I just… I’m not trying to be distant.”

“But you are,” the giant interrupted. “You are being distant. And I get it. You have to study, but you’re flat out ignoring me.”

“I’m not trying to!” Maybe that was a bit of a lie, but even if he was avoiding him, Baekhyun wasn’t consciously aware. He did have to admit he was acting strange lately, but it was all because of Divination and.... “I’m having a difficult time with one of my classes. Divination is… It’s hard. Probably my hardest class this year.”

The giant looked like he was beginning to relent, giving the latter a sympathetic glance before heaving a sigh. “Okay… Fine. Apology accepted.”

“Thanks…”

“But just… Don’t ignore me. It makes me think something’s wrong that you’re not telling me about.”

There was something wrong and Chanyeol was right. Baekhyun wasn’t telling him what it was. It wasn’t necessary and the prophecy was probably just a mistake. In all honesty, he was just trying to get it out of his mind and forget about it.

-

-

A month passed and Baekhyun lips had not locked with Jongin’s at all. Not even once by accident, though that also had a small likelihood of ever happening. Baekhyun eventually began to think less of what he saw after some time had flown by and he began to be swamped by other things… In the end, he simply forgot about it.

It wasn’t until winter came and Chanyeol, once again, asked him to watch the game between Gryffindor and Slytherin that the thought of kissing Jongin--and the fear of it happening--came across Baekhyun’s mind.

“No.”

Chanyeol frowned. “Why not? It’s our last game against your house.”

“I know, but--”

“Baek, it’s our last year. Also, it’s our last game before winter break and I won’t see you at all then. Please?”

Baekhyun hesitated. Everything was going through his head. The prophecy, Jongin, Chanyeol, quidditch… He honestly didn’t want anything to happen, but at the same time, he felt so irrational letting his life be dictated by this one possibility out of a million. Maybe going this one time would be fine… It was one game. Plus, he could make sure to avoid the Ravenclaw captain, too… If he really had to.

“Fine,” Baekhyun finally said. He could see Chanyeol surprised, but before the giant could express his excitement, the brunet stopped him. “But consider this your Christmas gift.”

“That’s fine! I’ll take it!” Taking Baekhyun off guard, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the smaller boy’s body. “I’ll win the game for you. I promise.”

“Against my house?” Baekhyun snorted half-jokingly. “You better not.”

Chanyeol laughed. “I love you, but I still have to beat your house. Would you still love me after Gryffindor wins?”

“Win or lose, I guess I could still love you.”

“You guess,” the giant repeated. “You mean, you will.”

Unable to resist the Gryffindor pressing his cheek against his, Baekhyun let out a laugh, despite garnering the attention of those around him. Slytherin pride meant everything to him, but with Chanyeol around, it didn’t matter as much.

-

-

“Just… don’t kiss him, okay?” Kyungsoo repeated for the hundredth time. “Avoid him. Don’t even look at him.”

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun fixed the scarf around his neck. “I won’t. Don’t worry. I know you like him. I don’t see any reason why we’d...kiss.”

“Well, neither do I, but maybe he likes you.”

“Ugh, don’t be so gross.” The thought, however, never really crossed his mind until Kyungsoo said it out loud. Did Jongin actually like him? He was over-thinking… “He doesn’t. Besides, he knows I’m dating Chanyeol. The entire class year knows.”

“That doesn’t stop another guy from wanting someone else’s boyfriend,” Kyungsoo said, looking a bit glum.

Sighing, Baekhyun turned his eyes away from the mirror and walked over to his dormmate. “Jongin is not my type, okay? I’m not even his type! I think he’s annoying--” He stopped after seeing Kyungsoo’s face. “Well, not annoying… He’s just very... out there.”

“Cocky, you mean.”

“Right… I guess cocky would be the word to describe him. Either way, don’t worry. Nothing’s going to happen. I promise.”

-

-

Despite all his reasons for not wanting to attend any Quidditch games, Baekhyun had to hate himself for missing out when it came to appreciating how cool Chanyeol looked. Although the giant was goofy and laid-back during the day, there was a type of fiery fierceness that switched on when he was out on the field.

There were times when Chanyeol would fly by and grin at the brunet, making it clear just how happy he actually was that his stubborn boyfriend finally agreed to go to a single match. But immediately after, he would fly right back into the game.

Everything up until that point had been going perfectly well (though maybe not for Slytherin). Gryffindor was leading by 30 points with Slytherin trying their damn hardest to catch up, all the while the seekers were fighting for the Golden Snitch. Baekhyun, surrounded by Slytherins, had no reason to believe anything would go suddenly wrong until he felt someone move in the spot next to him.

“Thought you weren’t into Quidditch.”

Upon hearing the voice, Baekhyun turned his head and immediately met Jongin’s eyes. For a moment, his breath was caught in his throat, and he wasn’t sure if it was the winter weather or just the blood draining out of him that explained why he was suddenly feeling cold.

“What’re you doing here?” Baekhyun managed to say.

“Watching the competition,” Jongin replied, shrugging with his hands in his pockets. “If Gryffindor wins, we play them in the first match after break.”

“And you just so happen to find a seat right next to me?” He sounded a little harsh, but in truth, he was just a bit...panicked, especially since everything was lining up with what he saw in the crystal ball months ago. “There’s like a million other seats.”

“Aw, you don’t like me?” Jongin joked. “Or are you just in a bad mood because you’re losing?”

“I’m just… I’m just in a bad mood. I’m competitive,” Baekhyun said, lying through his teeth.

Jongin grinned. “For a second there, I thought you didn’t want me here… What’s with that face?”

“I’m not making a face.”

“Yeah, you are.” Shaking his head, Jongin chuckled. “It’s okay. I didn’t mean to bother you. I was actually looking for someone else-- I think he’s your friend. Kyungsoo. I was hoping I’d find him here.”

“Oh…” Maybe he liked Kyungsoo. The thought made Baekhyun feel more at ease. “He stayed in the dorms. He’s kind of sick right now so he’s taking it easy.”

“He’s usually at these things, so I figured that… Well, it doesn’t matter now,” Jongin sighed. Digging something out of his pocket, he pulled out some candy and opened his palm up for Baekhyun to see. “Want one? They were passing some around at the entrance just now.”

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked.

“The Hufflepuff girls said it’s supposed to turn your tongue into different colors.”

Reaching over, Baekhyun took one and began to unwrap it. Jongin took another for himself and shoved the rest into his pocket.

“These are from Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes,” Baekhyun commented as he unraveled the wrapper. “I haven’t been there since fourth year.”

“Yeah?”

“Haven’t been into practical jokes as much lately.”

“Same. I don’t really think it’s all that…” Jongin stopped, looking as if he was taken aback. “I… I’m sorry. I just forgot...what I was saying.”

“What?” For a second, Baekhyun was confused as to why Jongin looked so...odd, but then he, himself, because to feel as if something was different. “Wait…”

“Do you… feel that?”

“I… I think I do?” It was hard to explain but looking at Jongin just felt...right?

“I don’t think that was candy for tongue colors…” Despite the subtle hints of concern in his voice, Jongin couldn’t help but laugh. It was an odd laugh, though, because of all the years they’d known each other, Jongin’s laugh was never really a giggle. “Baek, I know this is really wrong, but can I kiss you? I really...just want to ing kiss you right now.”

Normally, he’ll say no. In fact, Baekhyun’s brain was screaming it, but whatever that candy from Wizard Wheezes was, it made it extremely difficult to think about anything else other than how Jongin was actually really hot. The side effects really felt like those described as symptoms of a love potion but...

Chanyeol--

But Jongin--

Chanyeol!

Jong--

“Yeah,” Baekhyun agreed, eyes focused on the latter’s lips. “Just kiss me.”

“Chanyeol’s your boyfriend and I’m just--” Jongin stopped talking as he began to inch forward, hands cupping Baekhyun’s face. “I don’t know. I--”

“Just stop talking and--”

Cutting off the brunet, Jongin slanted his lips over Baekhyun’s own. Without hesitating, Baekhyun reciprocated, grabbed Jongin’s scarf and pulling them closer together until they were pressed against one another. It felt like so passionate and high on lust that neither of them noticed how those around them had screamed at the sight of a bludger making its way towards the stand until the very last minute.

Just when Jongin pulled back and caught sight of the incoming object, Baekhyun snapped back to reality as well. It almost seemed inevitable for both of them to get hit, but within the last second, Chanyeol flew in and smashed the bludger with a wooden bat, redirecting the ball back towards the Slytherin players.

Unlike before, Chanyeol didn’t immediately leave. Instead, he kept his back towards Baekhyun for a few seconds before turning his head and giving the brunet a glimpse of the anger that was on his face before he tossed the bat back to the beater he had taken it from at the last minute.

Then, the whistle blew, and the game momentarily paused as Chanyeol was flagged down for wrongly interfering when it wasn’t his job as a chaser.

-

-

“Is Baekhyun in the dorms?”

Kyungsoo turned around, surprised to find Chanyeol in the corridors leading up to the Slytherin dorms. It had been hours since the game ended, and for moment, he wondered why it took the Gryffindor so long to look for Baekhyun. “Yeah, he is… He’s probably sleeping right now, though. I just got him back from the infirmary an hour ago.”

“Can you open the door for me? I need to talk to him.”

Frowning, Kyungsoo hugged the books that he was carrying against his chest. “If you’re going to yell at him for… you know, then don’t. I already did that before I found out about what actually happened.”

Chanyeol kept his jaw locked. He seemed visibly upset and that was understandable, but Kyungsoo had to make sure everything was alright for Baekhyun’s sake. “I know Gryffindors act more on their, I guess, impulse, but it was supposed to be a stupid prank. Those girls switched the wrappers, thinking it’d be funny. Instead it cause an influx in the infirmary with a bunch of love sick, spell-induced idiots--Baekhyun being one of them. So, if I open the door for you, you have to promise that you won’t be mad at him.”

“I already know what happened and who did it,” Chanyeol replied, taking a step forward. “I just… I couldn’t find him at the infirmary and I was told he was here. I wanted to see if he was okay, not because I wanted to pick a fight.”

“Good! Because other wise, I wouldn’t let you in.” After giving him one last look, Kyungsoo relented and sighed, turning in the direction back to the Slytherin dorms. “Don’t tell anyone I let you in--and be quick about it, too!”

Chanyeol nodded and proceeded to follow the Slytherin past the portrait painting and up the stairs to the dormitory shared by the Slytherin boys.

“Everyone's gone to the Great Hall for dinner so no one’s in there except for Baek. Try not to bother him too much… The potion they gave him to get rid of the candy’s side effects kind of drains you of all the energy you have, so... Be nice.”

-

-

When Chanyeol entered the bedroom, he saw where Baekhyun had huddled himself underneath his covers and curled into a ball. He didn’t notice the door being quietly closed behind him as he began making his way over to his boyfriend, but just before his hand could reach out and touch him, Chanyeol stopped when he heard a sniffle.

“I thought you left already, Soo.”

Chanyeol didn’t know how to respond or if he should just hum and pretend as if he was Kyungsoo. Then, realizing how dumb that would’ve been, just decided to sit on the end of Baekhyun’s bottom bunk. “He did… He just let me in as a favor.”

Recognizing the voice, Baekhyun moved his sheets away from his face and sat up. “Chanyeol… I…” He paused, unsure of what to say for a while. “What’re you doing here?”

“I wanted to check in and see how you were doing.”

“I’m better… Still a bit tired from the potion they gave me in the infirmary.” Silence followed for a while before he spoke again. “It wasn’t Jongin’s fault, you know.”

Chanyeol didn’t respond.

“He didn’t know either.”

“I know.”

Baekhyun tore his eyes from Chanyeol’s gaze and looked down. “I’m sorry… I didn’t think you’d…Nevermind. I’m sorry for doing that. I should’ve known better. It honestly meant nothing.”

“It’s okay--”

“No, it’s not.” Baekhyun held his tongue. “I--”

“Baekhyun, it’s fine. Really, it is.” Chanyeol noticed the way the brunet’s eyes seemed a bit puffy and knew exactly what it meant. “I’m… I’m not mad. At least, not anymore.”

“But I am. I’m mad.”

Grazing a hand against Baekhyun’s cheek, Chanyeol sighed. “How were you supposed to know? No one did, except for those girls.”

“Because I saw it weeks ago,” Baekhyun said, exasperated as he pushed Chanyeol’s hand away. “I knew we’d kiss and I just let it happen.”

Furrowing his brows, Chanyeol looked at the latter in confusion. “You what?”

“I saw it in Divination,” the brunet muttered, keeping his eyes away from the other. “I saw it and the second I let my guard down, it happened. It happened exactly like I knew it would and I just… I’m so ing--”

“You saw yourself kissing Jongin months ago and you didn’t tell me?” It was obvious that the Gryffindor was taken aback. Why wouldn’t he be? It seemed so odd and yet, everything Baekhyun was saying was true. “Is that why you were so distant? And distracted? Cause of what you saw?”

“I didn’t tell you because I knew you wouldn’t understand--”

“Because how could I understand when I didn’t even know what the hell was going on with you?” Chanyeol caught himself before his voice grew louder. He had promised Kyungsoo that he wasn’t there to pick a fight, and he intended on keeping that promise. “If you had told me, yes. I would’ve gotten mad and maybe, at first, I wouldn’t understand why or how… But at least you talked to me about it. So that when, oh, I don’t know, I’m playing a match and I see you two making out in the stands, I wouldn’t be so surprised or ing hurt.”

“I know and I’m sorry. I just thought I could avoid it by myself,” Baekhyun said, explaining his thinking. “I… I don’t know what else to say, Yeol. I’m sorry. I should’ve told you.”

Chanyeol’s lips drew into a thin line. “I want to be mad, but I can’t because I know none of it was really either of your guys’ fault. Maybe I’m a little annoyed because of the fact that you didn’t bother telling me, but… That’s just it. I’m not mad at you.”

“Then why’d it take so long for you to come find me?”

“Because,” Chanyeol replied, hating the implication that Baekhyun’s tone brought on, “I had to deal with the team and head of our house. I grabbed a beater’s bat right out of their hands to get to you. Do you realize how illegal that is in in Quidditch? Nevermind. You don’t.”

“You’re right,” Baekhyun agreed. “I don’t… but I can imagine.”

“Yeah, so just imagine being yelled at and getting house points docked by your own mentor.” Groaning, Chanyeol took a hand through his hair, appearing to the latter as fatigued. “I tried to find you at the infirmary, but there were quite a few people in there from the match and, well… You know. People like you.”

“Right…”

“It wasn’t until I happen to run into Kyungsoo that I got access here, which, again, I’m not even allowed to do, but I’m here anyways because I wanted to see you.”

“I wanted you to come sooner...but it’s not my place to really say... I should’ve went out on my own and tried to find you, too, but I thought you’d be mad and I didn’t want to face you, I guess.” Baekhyun raised his face, finally making eye contact with the boy once again. “I know I’ve said it a thousand times, but I’m sorry. I really am… It was a stupid miscalculation on my part, because what kind of idiot thinks he can avoid a prophecy?”

“That’s true,” Chanyeol said, giving him a small shrug. “I kind of expected a Slytherin like yourself to be a little bit more cautious, but I guess you’re just as dumb as the rest of us.”

Cracking a faint smile, Baekhyun softly laughed. “This one time, sure. Maybe.”

“So, are we good?” Reaching for Baekhyun’s hand, Chanyeol sighed. “No more prophecies about kissing other boys that I should know about? Or just other prophecies in general because I feel like I should be prepared next time.”

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun squeezed Chanyeol’s hand. “Don’t worry. That was the only one.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“Okay, good. Now, I should leave soon. I don’t want the painting on the door to notify the Headmaster. The Head of the House is already pretty upset about what happened at the game. I don’t want to think about what they’ll be like if they find me here in the Slytherin dorms.” Smirking, Chanyeol leaned over and planted a quick kiss on the brunet’s lips. “I’ll see you in Potions tomorrow?”

Nodding, Baekhyun smiled. “Of course.”

“Okay, then. Just rest for now and get some sleep.”

“Alright.”

“Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

-

-

“So, when did this become a thing?”

Baekhyun couldn’t say he was surprised, but in all honesty, he wasn’t.

Jongin, with his arm hanging over Kyungsoo’s shoulder, answered when the Gryffindor next to him couldn’t seem to find his voice. “Since the match before we all went on break. We kept talking via owls during Christmas, too.”

“Ah, I see,” Baekhyun said, giving Kyungsoo a quick glance. “Well, I’m really happy for you guys!”

“Thanks, Baek,” Kyungsoo said, leaning into Jongin.

“Yeah,” Jongin added as he nodded his head. “Sorry to have to say this, Baek, but you were never really my type.”

“I--”

“Good, because he’s already mine.”

Before he could even turn around, Baekhyun felt Chanyeol’s long arms wrap around his waist from behind. “Oh, hi. Good morning.”

“Morning,” Chanyeol replied, tightening his hug. “Feeling better?”

Baekhyun nodded before glancing back over at Kyungsoo and Jongin. His friend seemed a bit embarrassed, but the latter didn’t look as if he was as winded. “I guess we’ll leave you two alone. Come on, Chanyeol. We have to go.”

“Okay,” the giant said, but not before he pointed at the Ravenclaw captain. “I’m giving you a free pass for that one time, but that’s it. Got it?”

Although Baekhyun was aware that his boyfriend was only joking (at least, half-joking), he still rolled his eyes as he pulled away and grabbed at his arm. “Let’s go, you dumb elf.”

Chanyeol had already turned his attention away from the duo before Jongin could respond and as they were walking away, he snorted. “Oh, I’m dumb?”

“Yes.”

“Well, if I’m remembering clearly…” Chanyeol voice faded out as he decided against talking about the matter anymore--jokingly or not. “Actually, nevermind. Yes, I’m dumb… But I’m your dumb.”

Noticing the change in context, Baekhyun laughed. “You’re such a kiss-up.”

“Hey!” the latter protested. “Only to you...”

“Yeah, I’ve noticed.”

“And it’s only because I want you to be happy, even if it means having to put up with you calling me a ‘dumb elf’,” Chanyeol said. Then he pouted, adding, “Also even if you don’t attend my matches.”

A few seconds passed before Baekhyun responded. “I can if you want.”

Raising a brow, Chanyeol smiled. “Why the sudden change of heart? Thought you hated--I mean, disliked Quidditch.”

“It’s our last year. The least I could do is be there for you,” Baekhyun admitted. “Besides, I didn’t realize you looked...cool when you played.”

“Aw, really?”

“Yeah, because you’re not as cool when you’re off the field.” It was a compliment even though the brunet tried to downplay it.

“So which side do you like better?” Chanyeol teased. “The ‘dumb elf’ or the ‘cool captain’?”

Humming as he thought about it, Baekhyun shrugged. “Both.”

“Okay, now, which one do you prefer in…” Chanyeol looked around before whispering in the brunet’s ear, “bed.”

Baekhyun whipped his head around, stopping just before reaching the Potion’s classroom. “Captain Yeol.”

Smirking, Chanyeol cocked his head. “Yeah?”

“Yeah, now shut up and don’t mention it again,” Baekhyun ordered as he reached out and held the door open for him. “I mean it.”

“Uh huh.” As he passed him and entered the classroom, Chanyeol looked over his shoulder and winked. “Sure thing.”

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun followed suit behind the coy giant. “You’re so annoying.”

“Ah, but I’m your annoying.”

And that was a fact that Baekhyun couldn’t argue with.

 


Final Note: My beta said that the ending was "bitin" (tagalog for somethin lmao) Anyways! Good-bye! ***disappears for another 4 months***