//   CHEATSHEET

   〈 TO THE SEOUL? 〉   NCT S   //   APPLY OPEN!
• • •
nct s in a nutshell
essentially, its a group of SIX good looking boys under the name of nct s debuted to cover up sm entertainment's controversies. this doesn't mean that they will only be making comebacks during times of storms, they will promote as a normal group but really the driving force for this unit's existence is to act as a cover up for all of sm's dirty laundry. a teaser will be poster (hopefully soon) to explain what the s in nct s means.
 
alternatively, i really wanted to make an applyfic on nct and astro and bam this happened so you could say that the foundations of this fic was nothing but pure self-indulgence
 
positions
originally those boxes in the first chapter were scrollable because the positions would have served as plotlines until i decided that i didn't want to dictate you on how to make your application. because really plotlines can be constraining at times. this is me giving you all the creative freedom and liberty to take your app wherever you want to take it. leader and maknae will be decided when all members have been picked.
 
the basics
age range will be between 1994 to 2002 as that is the current age range of nct as a whole. ethnicity is limited to korean (half-koreans are allowed), chinese, japanese and thai as these are the ethnicity present in nct and within sm as well. however, i would highly appreciate it if your character was a full korean. faceclaims can be idols (highly suggested), site models and etc. i will not allow race bending but it's okay if the character doesn't look like their age. also, i will not be allowing you to use idols from sm, unless your planning to make your character as a twin of one of the current idols under sm
 
personality and background
quantity and quality please, but i would rather that you would be concise in explaining your character's personality and background given that i have the attention of a goldfish. however if you feel as if your character can only be justified through a multitude of paragraphs then go ahead and knock yourself out. it really is up to you. as for the background, i wouldn't mind sob stories if they were written with depth and had actually contributed to the growth of your character and not for the sake of having pity parties. although i would really be happy if your backgrounds were diverse, with characters from different walks of life.
 
relationships
i have contemplated whether i should set a maximum number of relationships to be listed within the app but again i wanted to give you as much freedom as possible so in the end i decided against it. i would really love it if you only ever included people that would be relevant in the story. no need to add the best friend since childhood that he probably wouldn't be able to contact because of hectic schedules. again, if you can then please exercise concision.
 
trainee life section
so this where people ask about the stagename and the twins and all that and i just added this section into the cheatsheet because i wanted to explain why i'm not asking you for talent twins and are discouraging you from adding it in your application. i'm not asking for twins because in the event that i end up liking two applicants for the same position, i might ask one of those two if i could put that character in a different position instead. now a change in position would mean that you'd have to change the twins as well, so for your convenience i decided not to put a section for talent twins.
 
love interest
this section is optional, because really wh0 has time for love when you're busy slaving for a chance at fame? with that being said, you are free to delete this section if you would rather not fill it up. also i would be accepting characters from all sorts of uality so your love interest can be from all genders. i don't have much experience in writing romantic dynamics for homoual couples but i will try my best and will hope with all of my heart that i don't disappoint. you could also opt to collaborate with another applicant and be each others' love interest or opt to be surprised and allow me to decide on your character's love interst.
 
layout
for the nth time i will reinforce that i wanted to give you creative freedom and as part of that i went back in forth on whether i should provide a source code or allow you to create your own app. in the end for the sake of the uniformity of content i went ahead and provided a source code. but if the layout isn't of your liking then you are free to tweak it or create your own layout provided that the content and information that i'm asking for will be found the application.
 
the end?
that's all and i hope i wasn't too demanding in setting the guidelines. if you have any questions or clarifications don't hesitate to ask me. i hope you all enjoy in filling out your applications and thank you for taking an interest on my fic :)
SUGGESTED FCS
[TAKE NOTE THAT THese are MERELY SUGGESTIONs AND YOU have every right to IGNORE Them]
 
seventeen chwe hansol
nu'est/wanna one hwang minhyun
jbj jin longuo
NewKidd Ji Hansol
seventeen kim mingyu
astro lee dongmin
monsta x lee minhyuk
astro moon bin
wanna one ong seongwu
knk Park Seungjun
seventeen wen junhui
btob yook sungjae