AU : High School Sweethearts ( P1 )

Our Perfect Journey

A/ N: Taeyeon as the perfect, it -girl in her school meanwhile Jiyong as the underground mafia whom literally rule the school.

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 " Kwon Jiyong, " the old teacher's face darkened at the sight of his low grade. 

 

 " I'm not going to even say your mark, come here and take it, " Jiyong scoffed and stood up harshly, making his chair stumbled back. He lazily made his way toward the annoyed teacher. Well, who wouldn't be annoyed to see a foul mannered student who wore the school uniform with his tie sloppily tied around his neck, his shirt not even tucked in and a lollipop in his mouth. Well, better than a cigarette in his mouth, right?

 

 He gripped the paper tightly and flashed a sarcastic smile. " Thank you so much, teacher, " he yanked it and immediately made his way toward his desk. The old teacher just sighed. The students and the teachers knew that they couldn't do anything to stop him or prevent him from his stupid and non-existent manners, because well, just like in a typical drama, the bad boys' parents usually contributed a lot of money for their school resulting on them not getting expelled after 3 warning of skipping classes and 5 warning of failing tests. 

 

 Actually, he received more than that.

 

 The teacher took the next paper and a relief smile instantly appeared on her face. 

 

 ' Kim Taeyeon, ' the name rang inside everyone's mind instantly.

 

 " Kim Taeyeon, congratulation, you got the highest mark in your class, " the teacher exclaimed and the whole class clapped for the shy girl. " Thank you, " Taeyeon thanked her teacher as she took the paper and saw a perfect 100 as her grade. It's not really a new thing that Kim Taeyeon got the best grade in the class or even the whole school. It's a known fact in her school and the fact that she's polite and has a complete mannerism completely stole every men's heart and even some girl's heart, I mean, it's Taeyeon we're talking about.

 

 Jiyong silently stared at the smiling girl who was walking towards her seat that happens to be in front of him. An annoyed grunt escaped his lips and he kicked Taeyeon's chair before she got to sit on it. All eyes made their way to him while the girl stopped moving, quite shocked by his action. He smirked.

 

 ' Well, at least she knows that she should be scared of me, ' but that thought vanished after she flashed a sweet smile at him and cooly went to take her chair. His mouth slightly opened at the thought of someone giving him a smile after he just showed his rude manners. Well, living his whole life as a rebel made him anticipate people's grimace or stink look toward him after he did something unpleasant but this was a whole new level of dealing with his bull. That's what he thinks.

 

 " Tch, look at that smiling at Jiyong. She must be having an idea to seduce him, "

 

 That remark came from one of the ' Queen Bee ' that was trying very hard to get into Jiyong's pants. He smirked, knowing he could like get it if he wants too.

 

 Jiyong put his head on his desk and readied himself to fall into a deep slumber during the 1-hour lecture before the lunch break. Taeyeon turned around after she heard a 'thud'. She slightly smiled at the sight of Jiyong sleeping soundly. ' Haih, he reminds me so much of Baekhyun, ' she shook her head and chuckled at the thought of her childhood best friend. An hour of lecture sure as hell made the student's brains boiled like they just dipped themselves in lava. But for Taeyeon, she could survive a whole day of a lecture if it was possible. It's just in her nature that she really loves studying, learning something new and educating herself. 

 

 " Okay, for your work this weekend, please write an essay and refer to page 165. That's all, you guys can go for lunch break now, "

 

 Jiyong fluttered his eyes opened after he heard the heavenly word and that was 'lunch break'. Students scurried out of the classroom, finally getting out of their own personal hell and going to their own personal haven called Cafeteria. Jiyong stretched his body, sore from the short nap and yawned as loud as he can, knowing that everybody already went out of the classroom. " Yah, " he scrunched his face at the soft voice that was calling out someone. " Kwon Jiyong, " he opened his eyes and instantly his cold glare re-appeared after he saw his unofficial mortal enemy stood tall in front of him with a wide smile on her face. " Hi, I'm Kim Taeyeon, " she said and outstretched her arm to him, for a handshake. 

 

 ' The this girl think she's doing? ' he judgingly stared at her hand.

 

 " The you want? " she smiled. She didn't even flinch at his cursing or his glare. What a weirdo. That's what Jiyong thought. " Well, you know, I'm introducing myself because we're not acquaintance so I think it's proper to say before I ask something, " she said and grinned. He swore if she showed her grin or anything related to positivity and happiness, he would smack her face with a book. He just boringly stared at her, hinting that all he wanted right then were for her to not show her pretty face. Yes, he admits that she's gorgeous. Beyond gorgeous. 

 

 Well, damn.

 

 " Urm, I'm not saying that I'm clever or anything and I also have no such intention to downgrade your intelligence or such thing but I wanted to offer myself to tutor you until finals arrived, " she finished her long sentence with a wide smile. He rolled his eyes. " No, " after that one word, he stood up and walked toward the exit. " Please reconsider Jiyong-ssi! " she shouted as he just grimaced at the thought of her tutoring him. For him, just by thinking of her face or hearing her voice, annoyed the existence out of him. 

 

 And he doesn't know why.

 

--------------------------

 

  " Oh, Taeyeon, I thought you're coming here with your friend? "

 

 Mrs. Jung, the school's librarian exclaimed after she saw Taeyeon entered the library. " Well, I was expecting he would be up to study with me but well, he turned down my offer, quite harshly at it, " Mrs. Jung laughed at her cute, annoyed expression. " It's okay, Baekhyun-ssi is already at your usual table, " Taeyeon smiled at her statement. " Oh really? Thank you, " she hopped toward her usual table, the table near the last shelf and the most secluded out of all table in there. The girl chuckled when she saw her friend was sleeping soundly, literally, at the table. 

 

 " Byun Baekhyun, " she poked his cheek and chuckled when he groaned at the person who was disturbing his beauty sleep. " Baekhyun-ah, wake up, " she pinched his side, making him jolted and literally knocked down his stationery off the table. " Noona, what the heck. I almost got a heart attack, " he gritted his teeth and held his chest, still shocked by her pinch.

 

 She could see he was literally annoyed and sleepy all along her study time. 

 

  " Yah, just go back home and sleep. I can walk home alone you know, " she said as she chuckled at the younger boy who had his mouth hung open and snored as loud as his body could. " Really? " he questioned sleepily. " Of course, I kicked your once right? That means I'm very much capable of protecting myself, " she chuckled at the memory of her giving Baekhyun the taste of hell after he bullied some neighborhood kid. " Well, if you insist, I'll go back, " in a blink of an eye, he was out of the library territory already.

 

 Well, that doesn't look like he was forced at all. 

 

 Taeyeon inverted her attention back to her Biology book and smiled when she realized that only a question was left and then she would be done. " Finish! " she squealed as she closed a ridiculously thick Biology book and slumped her body on the chair. " Finally, " she muttered as she packed her bag and went out of the library not before she gave Mrs. Jung a slice of apple she had from lunch break. She looked at her watch. 4 pm. 

 

 " Well, I might just stop at uncle's store first, " 

 

 She walked for a couple minutes and saw a convenience store not far ahead. Just when she was about to walk into the store, a ball passed by her and entered the empty alley beside the store. " Pretty noona, can you bring back the ball! " she turned around and saw some kindergartners were looking at her from a field just in front of the store. " Okay, wait a second! " being the nice girl she is, she went to the alley and looked for the ball.

 

 " Hey, pretty lady, what are you searching for? "

 

 Taeyeon looked up just to see 3 men were smirking as they stared at her intensely. One of them was doing tricks with the ball she was looking for. ' Oh lord, please make it easier for me to get the ball, ' she smiled at them and nervously pointed at the green soccer ball one of the men was holding. " Urm, can I have the ball, please? " she stuttered as she flashed an obvious nervous smile. ' Damn Taeyeon, don't show them that you're nervous, ' she cursed silently as she started to stutter. Well, going back home alone does sounds bad after all. " Why? You play soccer? " he smirked as he walked toward her with the ball tight in his grip. She chuckled, still trying to look strong. " Actually, this ball belongs to the kids over there. They asked me to pick it up for them, " she stuttered again.

 

 " What's going on here? " the men froze after they heard the voice that will forever give them chills. Taeyeon scrunched her face at the oddly familiar voice. " Urm, we're very sorry boss. But, this girl over her is asking for her ball back, " one of the men said to the shadow in the dark behind them. Taeyeon squinted her eyes to take a better look at him. " Then give it back to her, " he said again. 

 

 ' Are they some kind of thugs or what? Why do they even have a boss? ' Taeyeon questioned silently. The boss walked slowly toward the light, finally giving her the chance to look at his face. " Kwon Jiyong-ssi? " Jiyong sighed. Today has been the worst day of his life. " Give it back to her, " the man passed the ball at her quickly, afraid that his boss would explode if he didn't obey him. " Why are they calling you boss? What are you? Thugs? " she laughed at the thought of Jiyong being thugs. 

 

 ' Maybe this is the perfect time to get rid of her, ' Jiyong smirked as he walked toward her and stopped when his lips were just a few inches away from her ears. " No, I'm a mafia, " he smirked, feeling victorious that he finally could rid of this nosy girl. She gasped and her eyes went as wide as a saucer.

 

 " Oh my god, are you for real? "

 

  Well, that wasn't the reaction he was expecting. 

 

 " I've always wanted to meet a mafia in real life you know. Well, maybe that's because I'm very curious at how they look like. Do you have tattoos? " She scrutinized his body and saw a wings tattoo at his nape. " Heol, that's so cool, " she exclaimed with a wide smile on her face.

 

 Jiyong swore his heartbeat risen for a few seconds after her smile was shown to him.

 

 The three men behind Jiyong gaped at how brave the girl was to talk like that to their boss. Jiyong grunted and sighed at how impossible it was to get rid of the annoying creature in front of him. " Just go, you got your ball already, " he said and turned around to go back to his hiding place. " Jiyong-ssi! " he stopped.

 

 " My offer is still open if you're wondering, " she exclaimed and bowed for the last time at Jiyong and his three minions before she skipped toward the kids.

 

 " Guys, I got your ball back! " Jiyong could hear her cheerful voice echoed and the kids cheered as they thanked Taeyeon in a very cute manner. He looked at Taeyeon's back and gritted his teeth.

 

 ' Why did she treat me so kind even though all I gave her was nothing but ? '

 

-----------------------

 

 " Where did you go just now, " Jiyong stopped dead on his track when he heard his father's demanding voice behind him. " I was just meeting with Jackson, Yoongi, and Taeyong at our spot, " his father went silent for awhile. " So, you're serious about taking over my place as their leader? " Jiyong's eyes brightened and he immediately turned around to look at his father. Mr. Kwon, despite his soft aura and calm expression, he was titled as the most ferocious and tough mafia leader of all time. Even Jiyong idolized him so much. " Yes! " he answered, slightly letting his excitement out of control. " Then, I need you to get an acceptable grade for this finals. No exception Jiyong. Even if your future is to become a mafia leader, you'll have to have something to show that you're not just a killer as what they said, but a clever individual. When you grow up and want to build a family, slowly your interest in this whole thing will drop and you will want to do something else that suits your interest. So, before you could officially take my title, please, get a good grade,"

 

 With those encouraging words, Jiyong climbed up the stairs and went into his bedroom. He plopped his body on the bed and sighed. " How should I study. I've never even touch a book, " he muttered as he sighed for the nth time already. 

 

 Then, Taeyeon's face flashed inside his mind.

 

 " Hell no, "