STAGE I

Complicated Threats
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Jungkook, using his body was his strength.

Training, physical combat and pushing himself until he was on the floor unable to catch his breath – that brought him the greatest happiness.

 

That’s why when his team notified him of the new mission – figuring out who was threatening Bae Shinyong, the multibillionaire and owner of Bae Corporations, he groaned and sat dejected in his chair.

Bae Shinyong didn’t want any type of violence, he wanted his business to be kept as clean as possible. He wanted BTS to simply figure out the person behind the threats, and hand the evidence over to the police.

 

“What am I supposed to do then?” Jungkook mumbled, fully aware of how unhelpful he was to the team when it came to using his brain.

Namjoon chuckled as he shook his head at the childishness of the youngest male, before he handed over a folder.

“The client wants someone available to keep an eye on his daughter at all times. That’s what you’ll be doing.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes before taking the folder. “Great. I’m stuck with babysitting duties.”

“Hey if you don’t want the job, I’ll be glad to change positions with you. She’s pretty hot.” Taehyung grinned, earning a slap to the head from Jimin.

 

Bae Haejin.

 

Jungkook eyed the files before raising his eyebrow at an interesting detail.

“A 4th year double major student in criminology and psychology?”

“Looks like we have a forensic psychologist on our hands.” Yoongi muttered, before re-claiming his spot on the couch and laying down.

“I suppose that’s why the client didn’t want any illegal activity, he doesn’t want blood on his hands if he wants to be able to support his daughter’s career.” Jin said, also taking a seat at the table.

 

Jungkook sighed before examining the photos of the girl he was responsible of guarding.

“And let me guess, the client doesn’t want her to know that she’s being watched by a member of a group that offers all kinds of services including committing crimes?”

Hoseok laughed as Namjoon let out another chuckle, before nodding his head.

“He doesn’t want her to know anything about the threats against the company. He wants to keep her away from all of the unnecessary drama.”

Jungkook grunted before closing the folder and massaging his temples that had begun aching.

“The rest of us will try to finish this one as fast as possible so sit back, relax and keep an eye on the pretty lady.” Jimin clapped the youngest’s shoulder before walking away to pour himself another cup of coffee.

 

“At least she’s fun to look at from afar.” Jungkook agreed, shuddering at the memory of his last mission where he was required to guard the daughter of the president – a whiny, clingy 19-year old that had developed a disturbing infatuation for the male and would take every chance she got to latch her pudgy fingers around his arms.

This caused the group to burst into laughter, recalling how Jungkook would return to the base all distressed and uttering empty threats about poking out her ogling eyes or chopping off her overly-touchy limbs.

 

---

 

“This floor will be completely off limits for all of my staff, unless you request for cleaners. One of the maids will come in every Monday morning to restock the food supplies, just send me a list of what you would like every Sunday afternoon. There are more than enough rooms for each of you, and the TV in the living room is connected to all the security cameras in my home. If you boys need anything, just let me know.”

 

The client had been kind enough to provide the members of BTS with a temporary base, as their own was too far away in case of emergencies.

 

“And who’s going to be responsible for watching over my daughter?”

“That would be me.” Jungkook answered, shaking the client’s outstretched hand.

“Great. I trust that she’ll be safe in your hands. This tablet has been specifically designed to be able to watch the security cameras in her room so that only you alone can have access to them. There’s one in her bedroom and one in her dressing room, the bathroom’s been left out for privacy reasons. There’s also a setting to disable the cameras for any reason – she is young and likes to bring over certain… guests.”

The last sentence caused a round of nervous laughter from the boys excluding Jungkook, all knowing how well the youngest disliked prodding in other people’s intimate lives unless it was absolutely necessary.

Jungkook nodded stiffly as he received the device, looking through its contents to make sure it was functioning properly.

“Thank you for all of this, it makes our lives a little easier being prepared going into a task.” Namjoon smiled, shaking the client’s hand.

“It’s the least I could do for people helping me out. Now let’s hope this will all be over soon.”

 

---

 

Jungkook stepped out of the shower at 11pm, shaking his hair dry with a towel before falling onto his bed, grabbing the tablet in the process.

Haejin’s room was large but much simpler than Jungkook expected, finding an odd sense of tranquility at how organized everything was.

Just then, he noticed a female figure walk into the room and tensed, before realizing it was Haejin and zoomed in to examine her face.

She appeared tired as she removed her watch and earrings, walking into her dressing room. She proceeded to remove her coat and sweater, le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter