Ch 6

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyun was shaking uncontrollably when Kris put him down on one of the beds in the infirmary. If Kris hadn’t got there when he had, it would’ve been horrifically likely that Joonmyun would have drowned, not something Kris wanted to think about. 

Yixing was both shocked and relieved that he didn’t have to deal with a bullet wound or broken bone for once, however morbid that may sound when Kris came stumbling into the room. Pulling a blanket from the cabinet he handed it to Kris, who proceeded to remove Joonmyun’s wet clothes while Yixing gathered some supplies to clean Joonmyun’s wrist wounds. 

“What happened?” Kris asked quietly.

“I don’t know,” Joonmyun managed to get out, “opened the door to my lab…then darkness…then water,” 

He didn’t manage to get many words out before Misook and Jongdae came running in, concern registering across Misook’s face when she saw the state of Joonmyun. 

“Everything okay?” Jongdae said to nobody in particular. Kris answered his question with a question.

“Can you get the CCTV up from level three down? I need to know who did this,” 

Misook almost jumped at his icy tone. 

Jongdae nodded and wandered out of the room. Kris muttered something inaudible to Joonmyun before following Jongdae at a quicker pace. Misook decided she’d go as well. 

Jongdae all but jumped into his office chair when they reached the surveillance room and quickly brought up the CCTV for levels three, four and five. The video of Joonmyun walking with Kris and Misook came up on screen, and they followed Joonmyun through the sequence up until they parted ways. It was then that the footage went black. There was no video footage for a good fifteen minutes, only sound, and even that was muffled as if someone had thrown a blanket over the camera. Someone had obviously tampered with the footage. 

“Great.” Mumbled Kris. “Just what we need.” 

To be honest he had expected it. Committing a crime and disposing of all evidence that would bust the culprit is something Kris knew all too well, he just never expected it to happen to one of his own, let alone is best friend and colleague. Going after Joonmyun was a petty move. Going after anyone who didn’t have malicious intentions was a petty move. Without CCTV footage it would be harder to find the culprit, but Kris would find out who it was, even if it killed him.

“Is there any way of getting the footage back?” Kris already knew the answer, but he thought he’d ask anyway. 

Jongdae held back a snort, “can pigs fly? I can try and get it back but the chances are slim to none,” 

Evidently, Kris wasn’t happy nor impressed with the response, but he didn’t push the issue further, instead choosing to leave Jongdae to it and return to the infirmary. Silence ensued as Misook was stuck for words watching Jongdae work. His fingers glided over the keyboard with minimal effort, trying to find a way to bring the lost footage back. After a few minutes, he stopped. 

“Yeah, this isn’t coming back,” he concluded. 

“Can you figure anything out from just the sound?” Misook suggested. 

He shook his head, “I doubt it, judging by the sound waves there isn’t much to listen to.” 

“Any idea who might have done this?” 

“Who wiped the footage, or attacked Joon?”

“Both,” she said, “I assume they’re the same person.” 

Jongdae nodded, “Or people. It’s likely that there was more than one.” 

Misook barely knew Joonmyun but it was blatantly obvious to her that he wasn’t a malicious person. At least, not someone who made enemies easily. She didn’t know his background or much about him but she was almost certain that he wasn’t an evil person. Why anyone would want to hurt him was beyond her. 

 

 

 

“Did you check the CCTV, Jongdae?” Joonmyun asked when Misook and Jongdae arrived back in the infirmary sometime later. 

“Yep, nothing. Footage has been wiped.”  

Joonmyun frowned. 

“This isn’t the movies, things like this shouldn’t happen.” Everyone nodded in agreement. 

“Well, unfortunately, it has happened and there isn’t much we can do about it,” Jongdae clicked his tongue. “I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter