Ch 17

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DOUBLE UPDATE!

Misook was woken up by her phone ringing. Reaching for it before it vibrated off the table, Misook picked it up and wandered into the en-suite so as not to wake up the still sleeping Jongdae. Deciding not to turn on the light to avoid making her aching head worse, she answered the call. She had to hand it to whoever designed the base; it didn’t matter where she was, she still got full reception. 

“Hello?” 

“Hey, Sis! How’s life in the lower ranks?” 

“Mijung? What time is it?” 

“Almost eight o’clock tea time, you sound groggy, have you been asleep all day?” 

Misook snorted, “We had a party last night, I think our drinks were spiked, nobody remembers anything,” 

Her sister laughed, “Fun night huh? Didn’t sleep with any guys, did you?” 

“No, I’m not you,” she yawned.

“Rude,” 

“Anyway, what do you want?”

“Just wanted to see how my big sis is doing, dad still thinks you aren’t going to last,” Mijung said, “I believe in you, though.” 

Misook cocked a smile, “Thanks, Mi, oh, by the way, has that guy texted you back yet?” 

“Oh! Yeah, he asked if I were free on Friday but then cancelled Thursday night saying he’s got stuff to do,” Mijung sounded disappointed, “he keeps calling me sweet pea,” 

“Cute, one of the members here keeps calling me sweetheart,” Misook smiled at the thought of Jongdae. 

“He sounds adorable,” Mijung laughed, “anyway, Mi, I best go, going out with Jena tomorrow, bye sis!”

“Bye, Mijung,” Misook put the phone down and returned to her room with every intention of getting back in bed with Jongdae until something caught her attention.

Just as she closed the door to the bathroom she heard faint shouting coming from down the corridor. Curiosity got the better of her and she decided to investigate. Opening the door ever so slightly, she peered out into the corridor. She couldn’t see anybody due to the dim lighting, but she could hear two voices, one male and one female. The male voice definitely belonged to Kris, and she was almost certain that the female voice belonged to Lien. 

“I swear he came onto me last night, and then I saw a girl fleeing from his room this morning,” Lien said, sounding hurt. Misook had heard that tone of voice before. The girl was definitely faking. 

“Joon would never do such a thing,” Kris growled back, “you’ve been nothing but a pain in my ever since you arrived. I thought accusing me of such a heinous act was bad enough but accusing my best friend of is the last straw,”

“If you won’t do something then I will, and before he knows it he’ll be back in a prison cell where he belongs,” 

Kris hit the wall at the side of her, “You ruined my life, I won’t let you ruin his,” 

Kris stalked off into Joonmyun’s room, leaving Lien to storm off out of the dorms and out of sight. Misook had every mind to follow him, but she didn’t want to intrude. What exactly had Kris meant by ‘you ruined my life’? Even if she did follow him, what would she say? She’d asked one too many questions before and it hadn’t ended well.

Retreating back into her room she crawled back into bed where Jongdae lay sleeping soundly. The warmth of the covers was reassuring. 

 

 

She didn’t wake up again until the clock read well past midnight. Jongdae appeared to have left a while ago as the bed sheets were no longer warm on his side. Misook was glad that her hangover had somewhat shifted, though a slight headache still remained it wasn’t unbearable. Hopping in the shower she quickly washed before changing into a fresh pair of sweatpants and a clean T-shirt, throwing the others in the washing basket as she grabbed her phone and left her room. 

Misook assumed that he’d gone to relieve Sehun of his surveillance duties so wasted no time in heading to the surveillance room. The door was unlocked when she arrived, and like she’d expected Jongdae was sat in front of the many monitors looking over the CCTV footage from the previous day. She noted that his glasses had returned and he’d exchanged his pyjamas for a long-sleeved plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and black skinny jeans. 

“What’re you doing?” Misook asked, sitting down next to Jongdae.

“Looking through the CCTV from last night to see who spiked the bowl of orange juice,” he brought up the camera feed from the centre of the room. The snack table, along with the bowl that contained orange juice - a bottle of vodka next to it - could just about be seen in the corner of the video. “The only person I’ve seen visit that bowl so far is Joonmyun and I highly doubt he’d spike our drinks,” 

Misook pursed her lips, “I don’t think he would either,” it was then that she remembered what she’d heard earlier, “I heard an argument between Kris and Lien before,” 

“Really? What were they arguing about?” 

“I think Lien must’ve seen me leaving Joon’s room this morning and assumed he’d come on to me,” she explained, “I didn’t hear the whole thing but my guess is she thinks Joonmyun assaulted a girl and Kris said something like ‘you ruined my life, I won’t let you ruin his’,” 

“Ah,” Jongdae responded, his tone noticeably changing, “yeah, she pretty much did,” 

“What do you mean?” 

He turned his head and lowered his voice, “Don’t tell him I told you this, but a few years ago when Lien first arrived her father wanted her to get with one of us to strengthen ties between our two ‘families’, with Kris being the leader it was only natural that she try and get him,”

“And he didn’t want her?” 

He shook his head, “Not in the slightest, if anything he was annoyed by her presence and when she eventually got him alone and put her hands on him, he shoved her away. She took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter