Ch 16

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Misook woke up the next morning feeling very worse for wear. could give the Sahara desert a run for its money, and her eyes felt like they’d been exposed to a seriously bright light. Just how much had she had to drink last night? 

It wasn’t until she sat up that she realised she wasn’t in her own bedroom. She wasn’t in her own bed, with her purple bed sheets and feather pillow. She also wasn’t alone in said bed. There was someone sleeping at the side of her, and he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Her heart dropped into her stomach when she realised who it was. Oh . What was she doing in bed with Joonmyun?

Looking down at herself, Misook realised that she was dressed in only her underwear; her dress long forgotten at the end of the bed. Why was she in Joonmyun’s bed, why was he not wearing a shirt, and more to the point why was she only wearing her underwear?

…and was that a packet on the table? 

“Oh ,” she whispered, all but rolling out of the bed. 

Disregarding the throbbing in her head, she quietly slipped out of Joonmyun’s room, picking up her clothes as she went. She wasn’t sure if the coast was completely clear when she left the room but Joonmyun’s room wasn’t far from her own so she didn’t think it really mattered. She just wanted to take a shower and make herself look presentable before heading to the kitchen in search of headache pills. 

 

 

After a long, relaxing shower she slipped on a pair of sweatpants and a baggy T-shirt before tying her wet hair up in a bun. It wasn’t until she ventured off to the kitchen that she discovered she wasn’t the only one suffering from a killer hangover. 

Sitting on one of the stools at the breakfast bar sat Jongdae. He had a blanket over his head and a mug of coffee between his palms. He looked just as rough as Misook felt, if not rougher - something she found really hard to believe. For once he wasn’t wearing his glasses. 

“Do we have any headache tablets?” 

“Top shelf, cupboard nearest the fridge,” Jongdae mumbled, pulling the blanket further over his head. 

“Thanks,” 

Grabbing a bottle of water from the top of the fridge, she popped out two ibuprofen pills and downed them in one. She also made a note that there was some paracetamol at the back of the cupboard in case she needed something stronger later. There was some freshly made coffee on the side, so she poured herself a large mug before sitting down at the breakfast bar and sighing. 

“Do you feel as ty as I do?” She murmured, noting that Jongdae had closed his eyes. 

“That depends, have you ever been pinned to the floor and beaten repeatedly with a baseball bat?” He responded, opening one eye. 

“No,” Misook answered horrified, “have you?” 

“No, but I imagine this is what it feels like,” he rubbed his temple, “kill me please.” 

Misook hummed in response, “The feeling’s mutual.” 

“What happened last night? I don’t remember anything.”

“I have no idea but I woke up in Joonmyun’s bed.” Misook’s statement forced him to open his eyes and stare at her. 

“You what?” 

“Exactly what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter