Ch 15

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With all the that had been going on over the past week or so, Misook was rather surprised - and relieved - when Kris announced that they would be having a party this coming Friday to welcome her to the team. So far, the mafia was nothing liked she’d imagined it would be. Before arriving she’d imagined she’d be going out on jobs every other day, getting into gunfights with rival gangs, and doing, well, mafia stuff. 

She couldn’t understand why her father had been so adamant about keeping her away from the lower ranks. From what she’d seen so far, she could easily take care of herself. She wasn’t sure if she could say the same for some of the guys. 

Despite Kris being the worst liar in history, Misook didn’t let on that she’d noticed a difference in how he acted towards her. She knew that he’d been thinking about kissing her, that much was obvious, even if she hadn’t experienced it before she’d heard enough stories from her sister to have a good idea of what was going on inside his head. What she didn’t understand, was why. If someone wants to kiss you that mean’s they’re interested in you, right? 

 

 

Friday came by quickly, and as it turns out, a party hosted by the members of the mafia wasn’t much different to a university party. The only difference was that all the males were dressed in formal wear instead of tracksuits, something Misook was glad off, but it didn’t stop the members of Sector E wearing skinny jeans instead of trousers. 

The lounge had been done up rather well, with balloons taped to the walls and sequins scattered across a table containing different bowls of snacks and drinks at the very end, Misook was rather impressed with Sehun’s attention to detail. The mafia had their own secret party planner according to Tao. The best thing about this party was that when Misook walked into the room there weren’t any wolf whistles or cat calls like she’d gotten many times when out with her sister. There weren’t numerous men shouting obscene things at her, or making a rude gesture as she passed by. Instead, she was met by complete silence; all eyes on her. 

There were quite a number of people in the room, most of whom she didn’t recognise, and which put her on edge a little bit, but once she’d cast her eyes over the busy room and made a note of where each member of Sector E was located, she made her move. 

Dressed in a strapless, black sequinned dress that stopped just above her knees, black heels that made her taller but not so much so that she’d be taller than Jongdae, and hair pulled into a curly up-do that his sister would be proud of, Misook made her way over to the snack table where Jongdae was currently lurking. 

“Hey,” she greeted, grabbing a plate. 

Jongdae almost swooned at the sight of her, smiling like he’d just found a diamond amongst a pile of rocks. 

“Hey, sweetheart,” he replied, “you look gorgeous,” 

“Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself,” she responded. Jongdae brushed up quite nicely, even if the ugly glasses remained. She took a bite of her food, “This is really good, who cooked?” 

“Probably Minseok, he likes cooking for large crowds,” 

“I must get cooking lessons from him,” 

Jongdae chuckled. A moment later the two of them were joined by the man himself. Misook almost jumped when he appeared next to her brandishing a fork filled with cake. 

“Misook loves your cooking,” Jongdae announced before Misook could get a word in. She shot him a glare before turning to Minseok and nodding her head.

“This is amazing, please teach me how to cook,” 

Minseok laughed, “You aren’t the first to ask, I’m thinking about starting a cookery class,” 

“On the side of being in, you know, the mafia?” Jongdae joked, earning a smirk from the elder. Minseok turned to Misook, where she finally got a good look at him. 

Dressed in a white shirt, black skinny jeans and a black waistcoat, Minseok looked like he’d been plucked right out of The Great Gatsby. He definitely looked like a catch, and she had no doubt that he would make a great boyfriend for someone one day. He’d be perfect for her sister if he was that little bit younger. 

“Would you care to dance?” He asked, offering his hand to her while placing the other behind his back - the fork had disappeared without her noticing. 

The music had just changed to a slow song, one which she’d heard before but couldn’t quite place. The voice sounded eerily fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter