Ch 13

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was safe to say that Jongdae was bored, and the incessant tapping of his boot against the van’s windscreen was driving Minseok up the wall. The two of them had been sitting in the van for well over an hour with no sign of life coming from the warehouse in front of them. The arranged meeting time was 1:30pm. It was now almost 3pm. They were late. 

It had taken Kris a couple of days and a load of painkillers to get back on his feet, but once he had he wasted no time in delegating jobs to everybody; Yixing had barred him from leaving the base until he could walk without pulling a pained expression, Joonmyun was busy putting his lab back together with the help of Misook, and everyone else was already out doing their own jobs. Even so, Jongdae was confused as to why Kris had wanted him to go out on a job. 

“Will you cut that out,” Minseok snapped, bringing Jongdae’s foot tapping to a halt. 

“I’m bored,” Jongdae muttered, “who are we meeting anyway? Kris was a bit vague with his instructions,” 

Kris had barely uttered more than two sentences to them before disappearing, leaving the two of them with a large envelope filled with cash and a meeting time. Minseok hadn’t asked any questions as they drove across the bridge to the other side of the river, but Jongdae could tell that he was unsettled by something. 

Minseok sighed, “I’m not entirely sure, but there must be a specific reason for Kris to have ordered you to come with me,” he said, “he usually never asks you to leave the base,” 

“We’re both injured,” Jongdae gestured to his left arm, “what use are we?” 

“Either he thinks we’re the best for this job, or he has an ulterior motive,” he said, “but we can wonder about that later, focus on the job.” 

Conversation ceased, and Jongdae returned his attention to the building in front of them. Time was ticking away, yet there was still no sign of the people they were supposed to be meeting. Jongdae glanced over at the envelope on Minseok’s lap. He wondered how much cash the envelope contained, but he knew better than to open it. Minseok wouldn’t be too pleased if he did. 

A door opening caught the corner of Jongdae’s eye, grabbing his attention immediately. Finally, they’re here.

“Took them long enough,” Minseok muttered as he made to get out of the van, only to be stopped by a hand catching his forearm in a vicelike grip. 

“Let me do it,” Jongdae grumbled, “I know them,” 

 

 

Misook was surprised at how well Joonmyun had managed to clean up his lab on his own b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter