Ch 12

Mafia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was lying on the floor when they arrived, but despite the blood on Joonmyun’s hands there appeared to be a severe lack of blood on Kris. It didn’t look like he was injured at all, but the pained expression on his face told a different story. 

“What happened?” Misook questioned as she bent down next to him. 

Joonmyun had disappeared off to find Yixing. Obviously, he didn’t want to leave Kris lying on the floor on his own, and there was no sign of Jongin. 

“Back,” Kris breathed. 

“His back,” Jongdae repeated, more audibly, “he must’ve hurt his back,” 

“Best not to move him until Yixing gets here,” Misook suggested, earning a nod of confirmation, “how do we get him to the infirmary?”

“Stretcher is the best bet,” he said, “we’ll need Tao, Yeol, Sehun, and Min to help, he’s not the lightest of people,” 

If Kris wasn’t in severe pain right then he probably would’ve thrown a punch at him, but the fact he didn’t - he didn’t even react to his statement - really put into perspective how badly injured he was. 

Joonmyun arrived back with Yixing, who upon seeing the state of Kris radioed for Sehun to collect a stretcher from the infirmary, and for Minseok and Chanyeol to come to the lobby immediately. Tao was already on his way. 

The doctor knelt down on the opposite side of Kris and began to examine him, asking simple yes or no questions that Kris just about managed to answer while checking the rest of his body for further injuries. Kris had scars literally everywhere, and his wrists were slightly bruised from the ropes a couple of days ago, but aside from that, his only injury was his lower back. 

Tao arrived first, with Minseok and Chanyeol arriving shortly after. Neither of them said a word, but their concern was obvious across their facial features, particularly Chanyeol’s. Sehun came walking in with the stretcher held above his head less than a minute later, and by the looks of it he’d also picked up a bag of emergency medical supplies that Yixing had sitting by the door of the infirmary for these exact situations. 

“Kris, on a scale of one to ten how bad is the pain?” Yixing questioned. 

Kris responded by lifting both his hands and showing eight fingers - two fingers less than Misook had expected. She guessed that it would rise to ten when the boys started to move him.

Yixing took the emergency bag from Sehun and ped the front pouch. He pulled out a bottle of fast-acting tablets and set them down at the side of him before opening the main compartment of the bag pulling out an unopened bottle of water. 

“I’ll give you these for now, and then we’ll see if you need a cannula once we get to the infirmary,” The doctor handed two pills to Kris, who put them in his mouth before taking a swig of water and swallowing.

Misook and Jongdae moved out of the way so Sehun could put the stretcher down next to Kris. 

 

 

Yixing asked Kris what his pain level was again after they’d gotten him to the infirmary, which proved to be a lot harder than they’d initially thought, and had them all wondering if it would be possible to install a lift between the ground floor and the floor containing the infirmary, though after some quick calculations Jongdae and Sehun deemed it impossible - if not impractical. 

The pain level had dropped to five once they’d got Kris comfortable on the bed nearest the cupboards, which lead Yixing to make the decision not to insert a cannula. If the tablets were already working and he wasn’t in as much pain as he could’ve been, there was no need to up the dosage. With Kris no longer afraid to move from fear of causing himself more pain, everyone’s attention turned to figuring out what had happened in the first place. 

“What happened?” Misook asked again, though this time in a slightly different context, “Where’s Jongin?” 

Kris turned to her, “We were ambushed,” he said, grimly, “as we left the warehouse. Eleven, maybe twelve males came out of nowhere. One of them snatched my gun before I could draw it, a further two jumped on my back, trying to pin me down. I managed to throw them, but in doing so I hurt myself. I’m not sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter