(SPECIAL) Character: Kim Nayoung

Interference

Kim Nayoung, 20 (Korean age) 
College Freshman
Industrial Engineering major
Cheerleading team

The story starts in the second semester of Nayoung's first year in the university, on a fine Tuesday when Nayoung is rushing to find the location of her lecture- in the Science faculty where she isn't familiar with because she's an Engineering student. 

We all know Nayoung takes up a major role in the story, and we know quite a bit about her already because most of the time we're seeing things in her point of view. Nayoung is strong-headed, a complete klutz, values connection- especially with people important to her. And Nayoung's a foolish one, because often she's (or her heart, that is) choosing someone that can't meet to her expectations. Like I said, Nayoung values connection with those she loves so she'd really put her heart into the relationship, loving in every way she can and wishing that the person will do the same. She wishes to be prioritised, to be loved by, to be made to feel special, just as how she'd prioritise and give special treatment to someone important. So when she's alone, she feels lonely and begins missing the certain someone. Nayoung's a really lonely and closed-up person outside of people she's comfortable with, as we can see from how she's usually not with anyone from her major, or how she's yet to be close to the other cheerleaders (the shell's cracking, just you wait! Oh dear Nayoung, I'm so excited for her) even though cheerleading can have really tight teams. So she wishes for attention and time, when likewise she's hundred-percent willing to pump them all in for someone she loves. Nayoung knows though, that her desires are selfish, and feels bad when she gets mad at the other for being unable to meet up to them- and ends up being mad at herself instead. And then guilt pours in again, chiding Nayoung on how could she ever be mad at the angel of a person they are.

But Nayoung can be a really fun person to be with too, I'm sure Sejeong and Mimi love her company (though Mimi's a little passive about it, haha). These three are so tight-knitted, yet the strings between them are so unclear. We don't know how close they actually are, because as of now all we see from them are just conversations about each other's lives. I'm pretty much anticipating to see how this goes. 

Apart from that, we can also see that Nayoung is someone who tries hard to get what she wants. She might even obsess over it. (We might see it coming up!) Like I've mentioned earlier, Nayoung is pretty strong-headed. 

How are your opinions on Nayoung thus far? 

 

author's notes: what do you think of special chapters like that? hehe. i'm sorry for the lack of updates i haven't really written the past month bec of school and some drama happening in my life ahaha and i needa refresh my mind on this fic so i'll find time to read this in a seating and maybe get some ideas :) seriously miss writing so much ahhh kimnayoung i miss you ALSO GUGUDAN'S COMEBACK WAS LIT haebin esp is slaying it good