Nevis Swing Swing Our Hearts

Can I Love You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today they will be heading to New Zealand and Australia in two separate teams. It was decided that Jong Kook and Ji-hyo will be joining Haha and Se Chan in New Zealand while Suk Jin and So Min will be joining Kwang Soo and Jae Suk in Australia. They departed from Seoul to Sydney all together before parting ways to Darwin, Australia and Auckland, New Zealand.


For flight to Sydney, Jong Kook was supposed to sit next to Se Chan while Ji-hyo next to Haha. By the time Jong Kook entered the flight and saw Ji-hyo sitting alone, he quickly take place next to her which surprised Ji-hyo and the other two behind him.

“Oh...Jong Kook hyung....Aren’t you supposed to sit with me?” Se Chan questioned since Jong Kook’s seat number was next to him.
“Doesn’t matter, Se Chan ah. I think it’s only right if you sit with Dong Hoon. You both need to comfort each other for your penalty,” Jong Kook reasoned out.
Se Chan seems to agree but it was different expression for Haha when he saw Jong Kook already sat at his place.
“Omo! Hmm.......” Haha making weird smiling face since he knew why Jong Kook sat next to Ji-hyo.
“What? Go and sit with Se Chan and read out your prayers together,” Jong Kook told Haha.
“Hyung, should I read out the prayers for both of you then?” Haha teased, making Ji-hyo and Se Chan clueless about his conversation with Jong Kook.
Jong Kook gave out his deathly smiles at Haha, sort of warning him not to joke around especially when everyone was there.
While taking his seat, Haha purposely declared loudly “By the authority vested in me by the State of Seoul, I pronounce you to each other.......” 
Before Haha could finish his recite, Jong Kook already hit his head in smiles, asking him to shut up and sit down. Those around them still didn’t get a clue what was wrong with both of them.
Once Haha was buckled up, Ji-hyo started to ask Jong Kook.
“What’s wrong with Dong Hoon oppa? The way he look at me was like he knew something about us. Did he knew, oppa?”
“He’s always like that. He always has his way to tease everyone. He’s just upset because he couldn’t sit with you,” Jong Kook lied. It’s not like he purposely want to lie, but he didn’t wanna explain everything inside the plane where there could be anyone’s ears around them. 
“And why were you here anyway? You are supposed to sit with Se Chan.”
Jong Kook slowly turned to face Ji-hyo.
“Are you saying that you also wanna sit with Dong Hoon?” Jong Kook sounded jealous.
Ji-hyo chuckled. “No.....But I’m just surprised that you suddenly appeared next to me....”
“Tell me the truth....Did you....or did you not be happy when you knew that you’ll be sitting next to Dong Hoon?” Jong Kook questioned slowly just for their ears.
Ji-hyo couldn’t stop laughing seeing Jong Kook’s reaction. His jealousy was so obvious and yet Ji-hyo really love it. Before she could answer, Jong Kook’s hand slowly reached Ji-hyo’s hand under his jacket and he was ready to pinch Ji-hyo.
“Stop laughing and answer me,” Jong Kook instructed while gritted his teeth.
“Ahahhahaha....Oppa, wait....What are you doing?.....Ahahahah...Oppa.....” Ji-hyo still couldn’t stop laughing especially when Jong Kook is about to pinch her.
“Answer me now or I will pinch you hard that the whole plane will hear your screams,” Jong Kook threatened.
“Andwae! Andwae! Hold on! Wait!......Oppa, wait.....Okay! Okay! Let me calm down first.....”
But Jong Kook pretended like he was pinching Ji-hyo.
“Oppa!!!” Ji-hyo shouted making everyone look at her. She quickly close with her free hand and bowed to apologize to everyone.
Jong Kook then said to everyone, “Sorry! She’s delirious. She’s the queen of sleeping and dreaming so.....Please excuse her......” 
Just as everyone is back to their activities, Jong Kook turned back to Ji-hyo.
“Delirious? Really, Kim Jong Kook?” Ji-hyo questioned with annoyed face.
“Well you have a better reason, Song Ji-hyo?”
“How about telling them what your hand has been doing under this jacket.”
“.......How about telling everyone that we love each other?......”
“Yah!” Ji-hyo shouted again and quickly pretends to sleep knowing that people will look at her again.
Jong Kook can only laugh alone.

They transit at Sydney and took the next flight to Queenstown, New Zealand by Qantas. When they walked out from the airport at Queenstown, they were awed by the breathtaking view and weather. They enjoyed the view along the way so much that they’ve decided to stop by at one of the lake there.

The PD decided to play the Second Chance mission near the lake where they need to memorize and say out the longest name of a place in New Zealand after 10 minutes of jet boat rides. While the mission was stressful for them, the boat rides seems exciting for Jong Kook and Ji-hyo. In fact Ji-hyo was too excited that she wanted to get onto the boat first but Jong Kook stopped her.
“I think it’ll be dangerous if you sit at the side, Ji-hyo ah. Because this is a jet boat so it’s really speedy and who knows if they will make a sharp turn and so on. So you better sit in the middle,” Jong Kook lectured.
“But I wanna see the fish down there,” Ji-hyo objected.
“Se Chan and Dong Hoon can be the fish, okay?” Jong Kook simply answered and get onto the boat quickly before Ji-hyo.
Ji-hyo followed and sat next to him then with pouting lips and Haha and Se Chan joined seconds later. The moment the boat starts to move, all the sulky face gone from Ji-hyo’s face. She’s so happy to ride the boat especially with Jong Kook next to her, protecting her. She even noticed that Jong Kook put his hands behind her whenever he got the chance and that alone made her feels protected.
The boat started to move slowly before increasing the speed making the three of them started screaming. Jong Kook was the only one acting cool and even raised his hands up enjoying the rides on his own.
When the boat almost ran into the bush in the lake, Se Chan, Haha and Ji-hyo scream out loud but Jong Kook took this chance to lean onto Ji-hyo’s shoulder to comfort her. Ji-hyo couldn’t stop smiling after that.
“Hang on tight, Ji-hyo ah,” Jong Kook said to Ji-hyo.
“Ahh oppa! We’re gonna hit the bush! Ahhh!!” Ji-hyo screamed.
But of course the professional driver knows what he’s doing. They managed to avoid the bush which is such a relieve to everyone.
Instead, they are now heading towards a huge rock in front of them. Ji-hyo is already screaming crazily so Jong Kook used one of his hands to hold Ji-hyo’s back secretly. But the rides were bumpy near the rocks that Jong Kook leaned his head towards Ji-hyo again. At this point, Ji-hyo is happier than feeling scared.
When Se Chan and Haha were rambling that they’ve forgotten the name that they should memorize, Jong Kook took this chance to check on Ji-hyo.
“Gwaenchanh-a?”
“.....Nan gwenchana.....” Ji-hyo answered. Haha and Se Chan are still in their messy world.
But just as they thought they’ve experience the worst, the driver suddenly spin the boat 360 degrees. Jong Kook make sure to lean against Ji-hyo, afraid that she may fall out of the boat. Ji-hyo almost cries during the spin coz it’s quite scary and unexpected. Jong Kook secretly pat behind her to calm her nerves.
When they reach back the jetty, everyone was silent, too tired from screaming their heart out. While taking out their life jacket and raincoat, Jong Kook kept checking on Ji-hyo’s condition. Ji-hyo responded that she’s okay. Jong Kook then ruffled his wet hair to dry it a bit while walking up to the platform. Only that he didn’t realize that Ji-hyo had been staring at him all along.
“What?” Jong Kook asked when he suddenly saw Ji-hyo’s eyes.
“.......Nothing.....” Ji-hyo answered short with blushed, smiling face.
“Then why were you staring at me?”
“Ermm....nothing....”
“Is there anything on my face?”
“Hahahaha....No, oppa....It’s just.....you look so handsome with your wet, messy hair.....hehe...”
“Ahh....So you like it when I’m wet huh?” Jong Kook teased. 
“Mwuh? Yah! Ughhh....Better not to talk to you anymore....” Ji-hyo gritted her teeth while walking away from Jong Kook who couldn’t stop smiling.

Right after, they succeeded in memorizing the place name for the mission and got the Chance card. Originally the trip to New Zealand was for Haha and Se Chan’s penalty while Jong Kook and Ji-hyo was there only to support them. So Haha and Se Chan needs to make the decision for the Chance card. They decided to use the Chance card with “We won’t do it” at the end of the card. They were hoping for a card that stated that they didn’t have to do the penalty. But after they peeled off the tape, the sentence on the card was “All of us won’t complain about the penalty”. Which means that now Jong Kook and Ji-hyo also need to do the penalty at Nevis Swing. Ji-hyo couldn’t believe what she heard and took her time away from them to calm herself. Once calmed, she came back to the camera and acted like she’s okay with the penalty.
Haha and Se Chan tried to check on her and she ensured them that she’s okay. Jong Kook would love to play his part as her boyfriend now but he just needs to hold himself at the moment.


Later that night, Jong Kook secretly invited Ji-hyo to go out with him and walk around. Actually he just wanna spend time with his girlfriend especially when there weren’t many fans in New Zealand. Only Haha knew about their plan since Jong Kook needs his help to cover up. But Ji-hyo didn’t know that Haha knew.
They walked from their hotel to the lake nearby. When they were about to cross the road, Jong Kook suddenly grab Ji-hyo’s hand to guide her. Ji-hyo was a bit surprised at first but didn’t say much about it. In fact, she enjoyed the protection by her boyfriend.
And starting from that point, Jong Kook never let go of Ji-hyo’s hand at all. At times Jong Kook acted like he wanted to keep Ji-hyo’s hand in his pocket which makes Ji-hyo laugh.
“Oppa, you were quite brave to ask me out tonight. And holding my hand like this. Aren’t you afraid that someone may catch us like this?” Ji-hyo asked.
“Whatever. I just wanna spend times with you here.”
“Wae? Miss me much?” Ji-hyo teased while leaning closer to Jong Kook’s ears.
Jong Kook automatically chuckled.
“Kind of. And also, I thought maybe our outing tonight will help you calm a bit about the penalty tomorrow.”
“Ahh oppa! That is so unfair. We were supposed to be supporting Dong Hoon oppa and Se Chan only. But now we are supposed to join the penalty too. PD-nim is so bad,” Ji-hyo said, pouting.
“Are you that scared? Isn’t extreme rides your favorite?”
“It used too. But not anymore, oppa.”
“Don’t worry too much about it. I’ll be there with you.”
“Promise? You’ll ride with me?”
“Of course. Who else would I prefer to be with.”
Ji-hyo smiles.
“But if So Min is here, you would prefer to ride with her right?” Ji-hyo tested.
“As much as I remember, it was you who’s happy to know that you’ll be seating with Dong Hoon in the flight.”
“Aishh, oppa! You know that’s not true. You started first when you prefer to join So Min in Australia rather than with me.”
“Hahahaha…You know I was just joking about that.”
“Yeah right. But you were also happy when So Min wanted to sit with you on the flight.”
“Hahahaha…..She’s just a baby….You shouldn’t be jealous of her, Ji-hyo ah.”
Ji-hyo automatically let go of Jong Kook’s hand and walk apart from him which surprised him. They reached near the lakeside and Ji-hyo leaned onto the railing, enjoying the night view and weather although she’s boiling inside when thinking about So min and Jong Kook. It annoys her every time when Jong Kook defended So Min. 
While looking at the sky, suddenly she felt warmth around her. Before she could turn around, a pair of arms already locked her to the railings while Jong Kook leaned his body behind Ji-hyo.
“Are you upset with me?”
Ji-hyo didn’t answer.
“Angry?” Jong Kook asked further. 
But Ji-hyo still kept silent. 
“Ji-hyo ah, please say something. At least if you’re upset with me, say something will you? I couldn’t stand your silent treatment.”
From watching the sky, Ji-hyo looked down to the lake.
“Do you….Did  you….slightly….have feelings for So Min?”
“What? Are you crazy?”
“Just tell me the truth, oppa......You’ve never treated me the way you treated So Min during our early stage. You treated me harshly even during our beginning episodes. But with So Min....you seems......”
“With So Min, I definitely didn’t feel anything at all except like siblings.”
“Chih.....You always call us siblings too....Yet.....you treated me like a man....” Ji-hyo mumbled alone but Jong Kook heard it.
He bravely wrapped his arms around Ji-hyo’s waist and placed his chin on Ji-hyo’s shoulder, making Ji-hyo surprised.
“Omo!”
“Does this feels like siblings, Ji-hyo ah?” Jong Kook whispered softly.
“......Oppa,......somebody may catch us like this.....” Ji-hyo tried to slightly push Jong Kook away.
“Let them be....I don’t care....Until you admit that you misunderstand my different feelings with So Min and my feelings for you, I will not let you go, Ji-hyo ah.”
Ji-hyo seems lost of words.
“I love you, Ji-hyo ah. Haven’t I proved enough to you?” 
“.......I......I want to believe it, oppa.....But you also did things to So Min that makes me.....doubt your true feelings......You always saved her in a mission....You always picked her rather than me to be your group....And you are always happy around her.....Even the fans noticed your treatment towards her....”
“It was a diversion, Ji-hyo ah.”
“Huh?”
Jong Kook started sniffling and ran his nose on Ji-hyo’s hair.
“It was a diversion. Ji-hyo ah, last few months my feelings for you had grown stronger. And I’m so afraid that I’m being obvious with you. So in order to avoid anyone from noticing my feelings for you, I had no choice but to act harshly with you. You know how people turned their attention to us after Gary got married. As much as I’m happy to know that there were people who liked us together, I’m still afraid to be truthful with my own feelings. I’m so scared when I need to deal with my own feelings, Ji-hyo ah. That’s why when So Min was around, I kept messing with her.”
Ji-hyo was stunned with Jong Kook’s confession. Though she’s quite delightful, it didn’t totally removes her wary.
“What is so wrong if people know that you like me? It’s not like I’m married or what. We are both singles. We shouldn’t be scared with our own feelings..............unless..............Unless, you are ashamed to be seen with me.......”
“What?” Jong Kook was surprised with Ji-hyo’s statement. He turned Ji-hyo around to face him and hold Ji-hyo’s cheeks with his hands. “No!........No!.....I’m never ashamed of you, Ji-hyo ah......”
They both stared deeply into each other’s eyes.
“Gosh....This is hard......”
“Make me understand, oppa......Make me see your true feelings....I’m happy if you really love me, oppa.....Coz I love you too....But I can’t help my feelings when you were treating So Min better than you treated me......I don’t wanna share you, oppa....I just want you for myself....So if you have slight feelings for So Min, then you better......”
Jong Kook pushed his lips onto Ji-hyo’s lips to keep her silent. Which she did for being shocked. The blank, blurry kisses suddenly turn into a little bit passionate when Jong Kook started to nibble Ji-hyo’s lips. Ji-hyo let Jong Kook lead the kisses and just follow with her closed eyes.
When Jong Kook broke the kisses, Ji-hyo automatically opened her eyes.
“Did that.....feels like.....I’m playing with your heart, Ji-hyo ah?” 
Ji-hyo was too shy to face Jong Kook after the kiss what else to answer his question. She leaned her forehead onto Jong Kook’s chest. Jong Kook already chuckled seeing his girlfriend being shy all of sudden.
“Yah! Song Ji-hyo being shy? Seriously?”
“Oppa, stop it,” Ji-hyo mumbled while pinching Jong Kook’s waist.
“Hahahaha....So it took one kiss only to melt you down, huh Song Ji-hyo?”
“Oppa, shut up before my nails dig into your meat.”
“Hahahaha....Such a mean girlfriend....”
Jong Kook tightened his embrace around Ji-hyo, offering his comfort and warmth to his girlfriend.
“I love you, Ji-hyo ah.......Only you.......Do you believe me now?.........”
“......Hmm.....”
“Hmm? Only ‘hmm’ after I tried so hard to prove my love for you? You know when I think of it, actually you were the one who says nothing about loving me. I wonder if it was just me loving you. Hmm...........”
Ji-hyo then pinched Jong Kook’s waist making him jump a bit.
“Arghh!” he shouted. “Waaa....You surely have crab fingers, Ji-hyo ah.”
“N-neh! Should this crab fingers grab something else on your body, oppa?” Ji-hyo threatened.
“Mwuh? Waa....You are one of a kind, Ji-hyo ah. From a tough ace in Running Man, to a lovey dovey spoiled girlfriend, to a mean, harsh and cruel woman.....”
“Fine......Go back to your cutie little dongsaeng in Australia.....” Ji-hyo being sulky again and pushed Jong Kook away.
“Hahahahha....Yah....Why are you being all sensitive now, girlfriend?”
“Shut up! Leave me alone!” Ji-hyo shouted.
“Hahaha...Oh come on....I’ve been waiting to spend this night with you, yeobo. Let’s not waste our times huh?”
Ji-hyo turned around and sticks out her tongue before turning back to the front enjoying the night view. Jong Kook stood a few steps behind. At first he thought of approaching Ji-hyo but changed his mind. Instead, he went into hiding and watched his girlfriend from somewhere.
When Ji-hyo looked around, she was surpr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter