Chapter 9

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

            You were helping Woohyun with the homework from last night before class started, but suddenly there was a yell.

            “Yah!”

            Everyone in the classroom looked towards the shout.

            A pretty girl with curls and heels smacked her hand against the table in front of a nerdy girl. She had glasses and braids. You only saw the back of her head that hung low.

            “Why didn’t you finish my homework?” the girl with curls used two fingers to lift the nerd’s chin up.

            “I- I was studying for my test.” 

            The pretty girl scoffed.

            ‘She must’ve taken my place as the school’s nerd after I left’ you thought.  

            “I’m sorry.” The nerdy girl, Mina, apologized.

            You balled your hands into fists as you watched the two, ‘She shouldn’t be the one apologizing.’

            “You think ‘sorry’ is going to fix everything?” she kicked Mina’s table over as Mina shrieked in fright.

            Just as she kicked the table over, you stood up from your seat, but a hand gripped onto your wrist.

            You looked over and saw Sunggyu who just looked at you like nothing was going on, but his grip was tight. He looked at you with a blank expression and shook his head.

            “If it doesn’t involve you, don’t get involved.” he kept his expression blank.

            You scoffed and rolled your eyes.

            You glanced at Woohyun who sided with Sunggyu.

            You couldn’t believe it.

            You looked at the other Infinite members who just shrugged and went back to whatever they were doing.

            “Next time, you better finish my homework.” she left the room with her heels clacking against the floor.

            You bit your lip and sadly sat down onto your seat. Sunggyu let go of your wrists since he knew you had given up. Your shoulders deflated as you hung your head low. From the corner of your eyes, you could see Mina picking up her desk with tears.

----------

            “Hey, do you wanna hang out after school?”

            “I’m busy.” You stacked your books in your locker as Woohyun leaned against the one next to it. 

            “Come on.” he nudged you.

            You closed your locker and looked at him, “I told you, I’m busy.”

            “Well then eat lunch with me.” He smiled.

            “No.”

            “Come on, since you won’t hang out with me.” 

            You both walked to the cafeteria together.

            “For the last time, no.” you walked ahead.

            “Too bad,”

            He softly took your hand by its fingertips and led the way to the lunch line as he handed you a tray and grabbed himself one.

            “What do you want to eat?”

            “I can get it myse-”

            You stopped when he started placing random food on your tray.

            “Yah, I can’t eat all of this.”

            “Well you should. You’re really skinny, you know that?”

            Leaving the line, he took a hold of your fingertips once more and led you to Infinite’s table.

            You could hear the other students whispering.

            “Why is she sitting with them?”

            “Omo, no one ever sits with Infinite.”

            You awkwardly greeted them before you sat down. 

            “You’re finally eating lunch with us.” Hoya smiled.

            You gave him an awkward smile.

------------

            “So you can’t hang out with me?” Woohyun and you were walking together.

            “I’m busy. I told you before.”  You walked ahead as he skipped alongside you with his hands in his front pocket.

            You walked into a convenient store and greeted the ajusshi.

            Walking along the aisles, you bought some snacks.

            “Why do you need this for?”

            “I like to snack while I do homework.”

            “Can you help me with my homework?”

            You stopped.

            Those words that sounded so familiar to you, hit you.  Those words he said to you the day he took your ity: before he broke your heart.

            You looked down, “Go away, Woohyun.”

            He could hear the sadness in your voice. He used his hand to pick up your chin, “You okay?”

            There were tears.

            “Why are you crying?”

            “I’m fine.” You pushed his hand away.

            You left the store without buying any food and ran home. Woohyun tried following you, but lost you when you turned a corner.

----------

            Kicking off your shoes and plopping onto the sofa, you sighed.

            “How can I get my revenge when all I do is cry when I remember it?” 

 


 

I hoped you guys enjoyed the past few chappies. 
Anyways, until next time :D 
Comment. Subscribe. Don't be a silent reader -____-