Chapter 28

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

            “Who is it?” you yelled from your kitchen, answering the knock at the door.

            “It’s me!”

            Putting down the knife, you wiped your hands and quickly opened the door, revealing Woohyun, “What are you doing here?”

            “Wear something nice, let’s go somewhere,” he smiled, handing you a bouquet of flowers.

            You looked at it questionably as Woohyun urged you to take it.  You let him into your apartment, telling him to sit on the sofa while you go get ready.

            You quickly curled your hair into loose, messy waves and applied natural colors of makeup on with eyeliner and of course, mascara. You wore a white, off- the-shoulder blouse, tucking it under some high-waist, denim shorts. Grabbing a pair of strappy stilettos and your clutch purse, you walked into the living room.

            “So where are we going?” you cocked your head to the side.

            “Somewhere,” he said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a blindfold.

            You made a face as he put it on you. Unable to see anything, Woohyun led you to his car by your shoulders, locking the door behind him.

            “You’re not gonna drop me off where no one is able to find me, right?” you laughed as he opened the passenger door, letting you in and putting on your seat belt. 

            Coming from the driver's side, he the ignition, chuckling, “I might,”

----------

            “Seriously, where are we?” you reached your hands out in front of yourself, unable to find him.

            Woohyun took your hand by its fingertips and led you to an entrance, “Okay, you can look.”

            Quickly pulling off the fabric, you gasped, surprised. You were at a restaurant, fancy at that, with dim lighting accompanied by a chandelier, fancy table cloth with nicely folded linen napkins. There was soft piano music in the background.

            “Like what you see?” he grinned ear to ear, “Happy birthday,” he placed his hand around your waist, leading you to a table where you saw Chunji, Mina, and the rest of Infinite.

            “How did you guys know?” you greeted them.

            “Come on Veronica, I’m your best friend!” Chunji smiled, getting up to hug you tightly.

            The waiter came to serve the table as you sat down and Woohyun pushing in your chair for you, “What would you guys like?”

            “Perhaps a salad for the lady?” Woohyun turned to look at you.

            You smiled, holding up one finger, “Perhaps not.”

-

            Infinite, Chunji, and Mina watched as you just finished devouring plates of steak, ribs, chicken, and just anything else on the menu.

            “Where do you fit all of that?” Sungjong asked, clearly amazed.

            “What did I tell you about you eating habits?!” Chunji scolded.

            You let out a breath, laying back onto the chair and then patting your tummy while pursing your lips cutely, “That was yummy! I’m so full!”

            The waiter came back with another menu, “Desserts?”

            “Don’t mind if I do!”

            They rest of the table stared at you with wide eyes and their mouths agape.

-

            Woohyun looked at the check with wide eyes.

            Noticing his surprise, you leaned over and looked at the check, “Since I ate most of it, I can pay,” you smiled sheepishly.

            He cleared his throat, “No, no. It’s- It’s your birthday.”

            You smiled brightly, “Thanks, Woohyun!” and ran off to Chunji and Mina.

            Hoya nudged Woohyun with his elbow, “She sure is something.”

----------

            “Okay, 1..” they started the countdown, “2…..3!”

            You took off your blindfold again, slightly jumping when a loud bang went off and lights erupted into the air with more bangs. You watched as the Han River flowed beautifully in the moonlight and the colorful lights come off with the water spraying marvelously.

            “Happy birthday to you,” they began to sing as Sunggyu came from behind the tree with a cake, the candles burning and lighting the bottom half of his face to a yellowish shade.

            “Make a wish!” Dongwoo clapped, jumping in place, way too overly excited.

            You looked at Chunji and he knew what you were already thinking as you made a wish and blew out the candles.

----------

            Myungsoo smiled, handing you a roman candle stick, “Happy birthday, Veronica.”

            Everyone lit their stick, shooting it off into the stunning night scenery at the park. A loud bash was heard and soon, by the sounds of it, a large dog barking.

            “You kids hit my house!” a grumpy old ajusshi and his family came out of a house, chasing you guys.

            “Run!” Sungyeol yelled, him being the one who hit the house, as everyone scattered off into different directions.

            Woohyun grabbed your hand, running as fast as he could. Being slowed down by your heels, he found an alley. Running into the alley, he roughly, by accident, pushed you against the brick wall and lowered his face close to yours. One of his hands by your waist, his fingers tips touching the wall and the other arm laid above your head.

            You closed your eyes and pressed your lips together as you felt his panting breathe skip along the skin on your face.

            Woohyun, being so closed to you, admired your facial features, the dim moonlight giving it a small glow. Your slim, pointy nose, cute pink lips, long eyelashes, thin, clean eyebrows.

            He swore he felt his heart skip a beat.


Comment. Subscribe. Enjoy.