Chapter 23

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

            You applied a light pink blush to the apples of your cheeks. Adding a glow to your t-zone, you put light neutral colors of eye shadow, blending them together to create the perfect shade. Using white cream eyeliner and an angled brush, you lined it along your eyes. Still using the angle brushed, you thinly lined your lower lash-line, stopping halfway to create an illusion of bigger eyes. Now moving your angled brush, you brought it down to your inner line.  Pulling out your mascara, you carefully applied it to your eyelashes and curled them for a longer-looking effect.

            Satisfied with your makeup, you walked to your closet to pull out your white floral romper  (a/n: I know it's a dress, but just pretend it's a romper) and a matching pair of gladiators from up top. Lastly, you curled your hair, creating soft long curls and added a coral light pink lipstick to your lips. Splitting your hair into two sections, you brought your curls in front. Grabbing your pink, flower-patterned satchel bag and stuffing in your small necessary emergency touch-up makeup kit, you called Chunji.

----------

            “Oh, heck no,” Chunji scoffed, flabbergasted.

            Mina fiddled with her thumbs, looking down, shy.

            “What?” you shrugged.

            “You said that you’re friend would be cute! That’s why I agreed to this!” he flailed his arms around like a mad man.

            You threw your hand over Chunji’s mouth, “She is cute.”

            Chunji gave you a look then glanced back at her. She was wearing her usual nerdy glasses and her hair was braided into two side pony-tails in front of her shoulders. She wore a white graphic t-shirt tucked into her black skinny jeans.

            “Well… She’ll be cuter when we change her…” you sheepishly smiled and rubbed the back of your head.

            Chunji sighed.

----------

            “Oh my god, I’m- I’m alive!” Mina yelled as she sunk to the sweet green grass beneath her, clawing it as if she’s never seen grass in her whole life.

            You laughed, amused by her actions, “It wasn’t that bad,”

            “I thought I was going to die! How can you drive like that and not be scared?!”

            “Get up. You two are embarrassing.” Chunji walked pass with his hands in his pockets.

            Mina pushed herself off of the grass, “I don’t think he likes me very much,”

            You chuckled and pushed her into the mall, “He’s just grumpy. Don’t worry,”

-

            “Veronica, this is too much to carry,” Mina struggled, carrying the clothes you threw at her.

            You pushed her into the dressing rooms, “Go try them on!” you yelled excitedly.

-

            “I really can’t have all of this,” Mina pouted, wearing one of her new outfits that you picked.

            “It’s okay ‘cause Chunji’s paying!” you clapped.

            “I am? Since when did I agree to this?!”

-

            “Hair cut?” Mina questioned.

            “Yep, let’s go!” you hooked arms with her, dragging her to the nearby hair salon.  

            The shop ajumma greeted the three of you.

            “Mina, do you want to keep your front bangs or do you want side bangs?”

            She only replied back with a shrug.

            “Can you give her a trim to get rid of her split ends and thin her hair?”

            The ajumma nodded and gave Mina a seat before t Mina’s hair away.

-

            “Hey, while you were getting your haircut, I got you some contacts with your prescription.” You handed her the paper with the contacts information, “Is this right?”

            She nodded with a smile as she went to the mirror, pulling her glasses away and putting on the contacts. She took a step back and scanned her own reflection, “I look so…”

            “Hot...” Chunji blinked.

            “Say hello to the new and improved Mina,” you clapped.