Chapter 10

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

            “How are things between you and Veronica?” Myungsoo tossed the basketball into the hoop.

            Woohyun sighed and wiped the sweat from his forehead, “Complicated. It’s like she’s not interested. I think she’s just playing hard to get.”       

            “Or maybe she’s just not interested.” Sunggyu snickered with Sungyeol.

            “Come on, I’m the Nam Woohyun. Why wouldn’t she be interested?”

            “Dude, she’s hot! She’s not like the other girls you’ve played with, Woohyun.” Dongwoo did a layup.

             Sungjong took a sip of water, “Yeah, she’s not desperate because she can probably get any guy she wants.”

            Hoya grabbed the ball from Dongwoo and dribbled it to the hoop before shooting it in, “Think about it this way: If you can get her, you can probably get any other girl. Just think of it as…as a challenge.”

            ‘A challenge huh? Well two can play at that. Kwon Veronica, I’ll have you at my feet in no time.’

----------

            You sat in your seat and looked at Woohyun who just leaned back in his chair and examined his nails.

            Noticing that he wasn’t talking to you, you sat in your seat with your head in your arms.

            He was still leaning in his chair, both of the chair legs floating above the floor.  

            “Veronica! Are you falling asleep back there?” Mr. Choi slapped his yard stick against his desk.

            You lifted your head up and shook it.

            He continued with the lesson.

             Woohyun glanced at you and smirked.

----------

            You walked out of the classroom for lunch and headed to your locker. Woohyun walked past you as if you didn’t exist.

            You walked into the cafeteria and got your lunch. You sat by yourself, a few tables away from Mina. She was eating by herself and reading a book.

            You softly smiled and poked at your food, reminiscing when you were a nerd doing the same thing: eating by yourself and reading. After, if you had free time, you would go to the library before going back to class.

            “I thought Veronica was going to start eating with us.” Hoya took a mouthful of food.

            “It’s just part of my plan.” Woohyun smirked.

            The members looked at each other.

            “What plan?” Sunggyu eyed Woohyun up and down.

            “Girls get annoyed when a guy keeps bugging them, but when the guy stops, they’ll eventually miss him.”

            All of the members nodded their heads in approval.

            “This is why he’s the biggest player in Infinite.” Sungyeol fist bumped Woohyun.

----------

            Students quickly left the school’s building, rushing home or to attend other things.

            Walking out of the school’s building, you saw Woohyun and some girl clinging onto him.

            “He hasn’t bugged me all day.” you mumbled to yourself and continued walking.

            You arrived home and went into your walk-in closet.

             Now wearing an oversized boy plaid shirt and some white short-shorts, you went into the kitchen and grabbed whatever snack you can get. With an armful of chips, chocolates, and a sandwich you started your homework.

----------

            “Aigoo,” You stretched your arms up in the air, “Finally finished.”

            You looked at the time, “It’s only 10:04.” You frowned, not knowing how to spend the rest of your night until an idea popped up.

            Changing out of your oversized boy plaid shirt and white short-shorts, you wore a tight dark purple dress with black tiny spots resembling snake skin. The sleeves were lacey and traveled down to your elbows.

            You curled your hair and added a light smoky purple eye shadow onto your lids.  Putting on some eyeliner, making a tip to make your eyes look more fierce and y, you applied some mascara and curled your eyelashes making them appear longer.  You went to your mirror and puckered your lips as you applied a lip gloss. Pleased with your attire, you put on a matching pair of laced plumps and sped off on your motorcycle.

----------

            As always, the club was filled with dancing people and loud music.

            After ordering a drink, you sat in a booth next to a familiar boy with red hair.

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I had time to kill.” You crossed your legs and twirled your drink around inside of the cup.

            “Oppa, I missed you!” a girl, obviously order than him threw her arms around his neck. Her eyes traveled to you as she mean mugged you.

            You looked at Chunji with a “really now?” expression.

            He smirked and slightly shrugged his shoulders.

            “Oppa, who is she?”

            “My lady friend.” He emphasized.

            You wanted to laugh. Chunji obviously was using you for the moment to shake her off.

            “Mwoh?” she leaned back and looked at him, shocked, jealous. “Yah, are you cheating on me with this tramp?” she raised her voice.

            ‘If she calls me a tramp one more time,’ you thought

            Chunji reached his hand out and grabbed his drink to take a swallow.

            “Oppa, answer me. Are you cheating on me with this tramp?!” she raised her voice even more. Some people looked over.

            “Aren’t a little too old to be calling him ‘oppa’?” you were irritated.

            “Mwoh?” her eyes widened, “Oppa, do you hear that? How can you cheat on me?”

            “Who said we were together?” Chunji took her arms off from around his neck.

            She stood up from her seat and pointed at you, “You tramp!”

            ‘That’s it.’  

             “You better stop calling me that.” You warned.

            “Tramp, how dare you take Chunji away from me?” she shouted, causing everyone to stare your way.

            ‘How embarrassing: I didn’t even do anything’

            You stood up, “Do you really want to cause a scene here?” you started cracking your knuckles.

            Scoffing, she strode closer to you, but before you could do anything, Chunji wrapped an arm around your waist and turned you away from her, walking to the exit of the club.

            You tried grabbing whatever you could to stay, “Let me teach her a lesson!”

            You attempted to walk towards the girl again, but Chunji grabbed your other arm with his free hand and dragged you out.

            Woohyun laughed from a distance as he was one of the people to witness the scene.

            ‘She’s definitely interesting’ he thought.

----------

            “Let me go!”

            He did as told.

            “Why would you do that?!” you stomped your foot.

            He chuckled, “I’m sure you would have left contusions on her face.”

            You laughed along, “Fine, whatever. I’m gonna go home. Need a ride?”

            “Why are you suddenly so nice to me?”

            “Is it a crime to get to know someone?” you mocked and started walking to your motorcycle. (From chapter 8)

            “Dang, girl,” He said as he used his hands to trace it. “What kinds of girls ride motorcycles? That’s hot.”

            “Wanna drive?” you tossed him the keys.

            He got onto the motorcycle as you followed along and wrapped your arms around his waist.

            Arriving at his house, the both of you got off.

            “What’s your number?” you suddenly asked.

            “Seriously, why are you so nice to me now?” he handed you his phone as you two exchanged numbers.

            “Just because,” you typed your number into his phone, “I don’t have a lot of friends and you seem fun to hang out with.”

            You handed him back his phone, Well, I guess I'll get going now.          

            Now closing the door behind him, Chunji smiled.

            “I guess I’ll be seeing more of you.”


Hi guys! 
I made this chapter longer for you guys since I promised longer chapters. It took me forever to write it! 
Until next time! 
Comment.Subscribe. Enjoy!