One shot

Not him but me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been my routine..,to go to the GS mini convenience store few blocks from my practice hall.

Actually..it doesn’t that close,from my practice hall.i have to walk for few minutes to reach it.but still..,each and everyday..i can’t wait to go there.

Even just for buying juice,milk or my favorite jellies,i walk to my favorite GS.

It’s because of an angel is there.

 

She’s the part timer,a very beautiful part timer.Her name is somi,jeon somi.

Even though i’m a regular customer,but i still don’t have courage to talk to her until now.i’m stupid coward,i know..

It’s been 2months,i checking on her,but i think she has no clue about me at all.

 

“6.800won~” she said after scanned 3packs of jellies,1 sausage and 1milk.

‘What a soothing voice..’ i say inside.

I smile and give my atm card to her.

She swipe and hand it back to me saying,”thank you,please come again..” 

‘Definitely will..’ i said inside while bowing.

 

As usual,i eat my snacks outside the store while watching her working.

She always looks busy,maybe that’s why she doesn’t notice me.

Moving back and forth to refill the product that almost empty,and she use her free time reading a book or doing her homework.

 

Actually...the first time i saw her..she had sad face and i assume that she just cried from the red puff on her eyes and nose.

But it doesn’t make her looks dull,instead i was stunned at her beauty.

Maybe this is the feeling that everyone says love at the first sight.because since that day,i always come to see her everyday.

 

“Stop looking at her..she might think that you’re stalker..” 

it was jisung hyung,my friend at the dancing practice.

“So you came this far only to see her?she’s beautiful..” seungwoo hyung says with eyes fix on my angel and mouth agaped.

“Ey ey ey..hyung..why you guys here?” I stood up infront of seungwoo hyung blocking his view.

“If you’re not dare to ask her a date,then i will try.” Seungwoo provokes.

“No hyung,please..i still need some time..” i said shyly.

“No.i will ask her now.” Seungwoo say as he push me aside about to step inside the store.

“Hyung hyung hyung.. please..no no no” i grab his hand pulling him to prevent him going inside.

 

He sigh,”Niel.. you’re madly in love with her,but you still doesn’t have courage to make some move.you’re a man don’t you?” He provoked me once again.

“Yes niel ah..,go get inside,introduce yourself nicely,then ask her date!” Jisung added.

“I don’t think it’s the right time hyung..”

“My ..,i’m going in.” Seungwoo slips and now entering the store.

My eyes widen when i see him walk to the cashier table and start talking to somi.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.my name is kang daniel,22years old.jeon somi,i think i’m in love with you.can you be my girlfriend?” 

 

Oh??? It sounds like my voice.. don’t tell me that i..

Oh gosh I’m inside the store..

 

“Pardon me?” Somi look at me weird and seungwoo hyung smile evilly showing his tmoney card,he bump on me on his way out.oh god..I’m screwed.

 

“I..i..i...” I stuttered 

 

“Can i help you?” Somi ask 

 

“Y..y..yes... i... i... “ i walk closer to her but my mind went blank

 

“I heard you said my name before.how do you know my name?” She ask

 

“I.. “ 

Jungshincharyeo niel,you can do it.it’s now or never.

 

Her face still puzzled and waiting for my answer,so i took a deep breath and try to calm my self,”somi ssi..,i’m kang daniel.22years old.and I don’t know if you notice me or not,but it’s been 2 months that came here everyday to see you.i hope we can know eachother well after this,and...” oh no...i started to blank again...no..no..no...what should i say..

 

“How do you know my name,kang daniel ssi?” She repeat her question 

 

“A...ah...it’s from seungwoon hyung,you know.. he’s also part timer here too..he’s my friend..” i explain and showing her my sincere smile.

 

“Oh...seungwoon oppa..,please tell him that I don’t buy any jokes,thank you”

She said 

 

“Uh? No...i’m not joking...please listen to me somi ssi..” 

i walk near her and trying to clear the misunderstanding.but the bell ringing as bunch of students came in.”welcome..” she greet them 

 

I wait until the students done paying and left.they’re so many omg...

And suddenly my phone snooze. A message. 

“Fighting” it’s from jisung hyung.

I gaze at him and both of them showing his fighting hands and mouthed “fighting...!”

Another snooze.

A message.from ong hyung “i was just ask if maybe i can refil my Tmoney card,that’s all.fighting niel!!”

 

“Somi ssi..” 

“If you guys try to make some jokes,I don’t buy it.please leave,i’m busy.” Somi say before walking inside.she’s out carrying 2 boxes of drinking water.

“I’ll help you..” i hurriedly taking the box from her hands and walk infront the cooler display.

“I’m not ask for help” she said

“I’m not doing anyth-“

“It’s my job,i can do it myself.please leave daniel ssi.”she cutted me angrily 

“I’m sorry...” I apologize and left when she started to store the drinking bottle inside the chiller.

 

 

After that day,i keep coming everyday but still have no courage to talk to her again.and it’s already a month since that day.

Today i came and see her face so pale.

“Are you okay,somi ssi?” I ask and she nodded.

Her hands as cold as ice,and she’s sweating all over her blue pale face.

“You’re not okay..” i said before she fainted on me while walking avoiding me.

“Somi ssi..somi ssi..” shook her body and she’s not responding me.

I carry her into the storage) and cover her body with my jacket.

Hearing the bell from the door it means the customers coming.i walk and replace her.i called seungwoon hyung to came and he promised to come as fast as possible.

 

“Niel ah..waegurrae?where’s somi?” Seungwoon still catching his breath.

“Hyung i’m sorry,but she’s faint,i have to bring her to the hospital now..”

“Yeah..yeah.you’re better hurry..”

 

I’m taking her to the hospital and now watching her sleeping peacefully like a baby.

All the colour are back on her face,and i keep on studying her face.

Her eyelashes so long,and it makes her eyes pretty even when she’s sleeping.

 

She suddenly jolted wake in surprise,”where am i?”

“It’s okay somi ssi..you’re in hospital..” i said calming her

“Oh my god,what happened to me?” She’s looking at her hand.

“You’re fainted on me before..and the doctor sa-“

“Oh God,the store.” She’s about to wake up from the bed when i stop her.

“I called seungwoon hyung to replace you so,don’t worry..”

“Ah..thank you kang daniel ssi..”

“You’re welcome..,but i’m sorry that you have to sit and eat now somi ssi..”

I prepare the porridge and soup infront of her,but she grab the spoon from me

“I can eat myself..”

But it was like her body failed her.

“Let me feed you..i promise to be gentle..” i said as i take the spoon from her and her face blushing cutely.

Oh gosh i hope she’s not hear my heartbeat.

 

“Doctor said that you’re over stressed and you have stomach cramp because of your periods..”I explained to her what i’ve heard from the doctor.

But she’s cough on the porride that i feed her and her face become red like steam crab.so cute.

“I’m sorry..i’m sorry..” i keep on wiping her lips and give her drink.

 

“Thank you kang daniel ssi..i can maintain myself now.you can go home..” she said.

“I don’t want to..i’ll staying here with you..” i’m smiling at her.

“What time is it now?where’s my phone?i have to call my parents to pick me..”

She looking at left and right searching for her phone.

“It’s 2am at dawn.and i’m sorry that i have to check on your phone to call your parents before.and they’re just here an hour before you’re awake,but they left because they have to take care of your little sister audition tomorrow..”

I explain and shove out her phone from my pocket.

 

“Then i have to go home now..” she pushed her blanket aside about to wake.

“No...don’t.you have to stay here atleast until the doctor said you can go home..” i hold her arms gently because she’s stumble abit like she’s holding her headache.

“But i have to!”she’s holding on my hand for support still trying to get down from the bed.

“Please don’t be stubborn for this once somi ssi..” i plead her

“I need the nurse..,call the nurse.” She’s shut her eyes 

“Why?you?headache?you want vom-“

“I need to use the restroom” she cutted me,avoiding to see me.

“O-oh...”

I quickly grab her iv bottle and bend near her to lift her

“What are you doing?” She quickly said

“I will take you to the rest room” 

“No! I can still walk!” 

“Oh okay..”

 

“You can wait outside or go home.”

“Okay..”i nodded

 

 

I just check on my phone to read some message but then a nurse came and knock the bathroom door,”do you need something?”

The nurse get inside and went back and told me,”could you please buy sanitary pad and for your girlfriend?she need to change”

“Ah..okay.” I run quickly to the nearest convenience store and get confuse which one should i pick.i took glance on the cashier but i don’t think he can help,since we’re both men.

So i just took everything,one for each type and also the girl disposable ,and dashing to somi’s room.

I knock the door gently and shove the plastic bag inside while sayin”i’m sorry that i don’t know which one is better so i just bought randomly”

 

She’s out and i quickly help holding her hand and her iv bag.

Her face is totally red and she’s hiding inside the blanket.covering her entire body until her face covered by the white blanket,her act really cute that i can’t help to smile.

“Thank you daniel ssi..” her soft voice came from under the blanket

“It’s okay..i’m glad to help.” I answered her,smiling.

“It might uncomfortable for you to breathe..” i pull the blanket off from her face and her eyes looking at me in surprise “Please take a rest somi ssi..” i turn off the lamp and take a seat on the chair.

 

She’s closing her eyes and started to sleep,while i don’t think i can sleep because of the air cond is too cold.

So i decided to move my chair beside her bed,maybe with looking at her beautiful face makes me fall asleep.

 

 

 

“Oppa.. don’t leave me oppa..jinyoung oppa..please don’t leave..jinyoung oppa..”

I’m awake by the voice of somi’s crying.so i wipe her tears and wake her,”somi ssi...somi ssi..”

She’s not wake up yet,and still crying.”jinyoung oppa..please don’t leave me..”

“Somi ssi..”

She hold my hand suddenly her eyes open and for a whole minute she looking at me and let go of my hand,”sorry..” 

“You’re having nightmare?it’s okay..i’ll be here.i will not leave you alone” i assure her.

 

In the morning,The doctor examine her and said she can go home after giving some medicines and vitamins.

I was about to take her home when her parents come at the right time.so i take my leave after sending her with her parents goodbye.

“Thank you for your help,kang daniel ssi.. i hope you can come to our house for dinner this saturday..” somi’s father shake hand with me and i’m so happy that he invite me to dinner,so i quickly say that i will definately go.

 

“Thank you for everything,daniel ssi..” somi’s face blushes red when i shake her hand,”so..i guess i’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yes,tomorrow.” I still hold her hand,like i want to be like this forever.

 

 

 

And after that,i think somi is get comfortable with me and she’s smiling a lot since that day.the dinner was awesome.somi’s family welcoming me like their own family members and her father is really quick witted guy,he caught me looking at his daughter and bluntly ask,”since when you fallin for my daughter?” I answer him honestly and he gave his permission to win her.

 

Me and somi getting more comfortable each other and i often help her at the store before and after my dancing practice.

And she’s agreed to be my girlfriend 2months later.

 

“Kommaengah..don’t forget that we have to buy christmas assessories that your mother ask”

“Okay.let’s go then” somi grab me on my arm.

“Oppa.i will look at the candle.you wait for the notes okay?” She left after kiss me on my cheek.

 

 

(At the candles corner.author pov)

 

Somi is mumbling a christmas song while sniffing some aromatic candle when someone standing infront of her.

She notice somebody’s present and look up.

She stop mumbling the song and there’s mixed feelings inside her when the man call her name “somi ah..”

 

She wants to run but decided to just turn away and pretend that she doesn’t see anyone.

But the guy walk near her again,”somi ah..”

She’s pretend not to hear and walk away but the guy following her pace and say,”i miss you..” make somi stop walking and face him.

“So much” he added.

But somi’s now turn her body to face the man “why you have to come back?why now?”

“Somi...baby..” he tryin to get close to somi but she move backwards

“Stop.stop right there.” She warn him.

“Baby..oppa come back for you..oppa’s missing you so much..” he trying to walk near her again but somi push him”no.don’t come any closer or i scream.”

 

Daniel just arrived 

The smile on his face vanished when he saw the scene.

 

“Is there a problem here?don’t you hear that she said don’t get closer to her?” Daniel  pull somi into his chest and looking sternly at the guy.

“Niel oppa,let’s get out of here..” she whisper at him

“Did he hurt you,kkomaengah?” Daniel pulled away to check on somi but she shook her head and burried he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter