chapter 6

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Half-seven PM and she's already at home. Seolhyun has cleansed the body and even worn sleeping pajamas. That's really a record.

In the very cold room, Seolhyun rolls under the covers. Her eyelids tightly closed. It was as if she wanted to block all the uncomfortable facts that had come to her since the afternoon. Since she came to Taeyeon's apartment, and all the situation that followed thereafter.

"My ex."

Seolhyun turned, looking for a better position, still with her eyes closed. The image of the girl stepping out of the elevator also filled her mind. A long black-haired, a girl with smiling eyes when she saw Taeyeon. The girl who rushes out of the elevator and jumps into Taeyeon's arms.

Somehow the fact that Taeyeon has an ex woman, didn’t surprise her. Seolhyun can’t describe exactly why. Just as she understands, Taeyeon is different. That may be the first reason why she can "fall" in a strange feeling to the woman. Because heart can see what the eyes can’t see and a mind can’t understand.

What distracted her was the fact that her struggle was in vain. Not only she want to deny the strange feeling that more deeper. Even now not enough, the strangeness was filled with another weird feeling.

Dislikes to see there is other woman who is really close with Taeyeon.

Seolhyun bit her lip hard. With pain in her lips she wished for a painful shadow. Taeyeon and her ex, away from memories.

Seolhyun closed her eyes tightly. Vain. In darkness she can imagen them more clearly. How Taeyeon's hands automatically caress her shoulders. How cold Taeyeon's gaze was on her, just before the elevator doors separated the two of them.

Seolhyun gritted her teeth. Finally she gave up and opened her eyes, sat cross-legged on the bed. For almost five minutes she sat lazy, daydreaming.

The girl sighed, get up and the light. Her hand reached for the book whatever of what title was printed on the cover. As long as the shadow of Taeyeon and her ex doesn’t disturb her night.

 

Day four and fifth, no sign of Taeyeon. Office work coming and going. Indeed the task didn’t come with loads as abundant as when the manager was there and sitting in a room that was now dark and locked.

Since morning, Seolhyun tried to fight her feelings. The sense of miss, curious, the effort to build a fortress that until now has never really stood. After passing the five hours just glanced at the phone and tried not to touch it, now the girl admitted defeat. She started checking last seen Taeyeon on Kakao Talk, exhaling her disappointment when she saw the sign of the girl's presence was twelve hours ago. She turned to Instagram and saw the name of Taeyeon. Still nothing new.

Seolhyun sighs in despair. The incoming message notification wakes it up. She hurriedly checked and the sigh coming out of grew louder as she read the lines.

Jung Yonghwa

We will watching movie right, honey ?. I'll pick you up at six.

 

Seolhyun sighed.

Now she really feels her life is all wrong. Wrong position. No one is walking on the right track even to respond to Yonghwa's invitation to watching movie, one of Seolhyun's favorite activities is an inviolable weekend, she doesn’t feel the euphoria and excitement.

Seolhyun still thinks what answer she'll type. That's when she heard footsteps. The girl looked up when she saw Sunny walking across the table with the document in hand.

"For me, Sunny unnie?" She asked hopefully.

"not. This is Mina's work that I just finished checking. There are some improvements. Must be corrected before reaching Taeyeon's desk. "

"Oh." The line of disappointment flashed without being arrested. "i thought there is work for me."

Sunny laughed too. "Oh my you really. Severe. Abnormal. Workaholic."

"Isn’t that great, Sunny unnie. It means I'm a diligent employee. "Seolhyun smiled.

"You are too diligent. Even if you don’t work you look nervous. "Sunny smiled back with a smile. "There are rarely employees like you. You enjoy the available leisure time. Just today you can relax. Monday, everything will be back to normal as Taeyeon will enter. You will be satisfied with the work that comes and goes. "

Seolhyun's heart drops increasingly irregular when Sunny says it, Taeyeon's name. The last few days Seolhyun tried to dispel the strange feeling that came. Taeyeon is the first figure she thinks of when she wakes up and the last shadow that leads her into dreamland. But her attempt to dispel it failed. The strange feeling is like parasites.

"Yes. So Taeyeon will go to Monday so you just relax for today. "Sunny explained again.

"What a reason Ms. Taeyeon sick, Sunny unnie? "

"There's a stone in her kidney. Doctor told her to rest for a week plus take the medicine. It is expected that the stone can be reduced and destroyed, dissolved with urine. So Taeyeon doesn’t need surgery. "

Seolhyun paused.

Kidney stones?. She certainly knows the disease. She knows quite clearly. It is a familiar disease and is one of the ghosts of the past. Nephrolithiasis (kidney stones) is one that snatched the joy of her childhood. And now Taeyeon has that disease?! Seolhyun was still staring at the figure of Sunny who walked away toward her desk.

The voice notification message from her phone rang. Seolhyun scratched her head and then read the message.

Jung Yonghwa

Honey, why not reply?

At six, ok?

 

It's snowing out there. Not a shy kind of snow, even a snowstorm. It's been several times snow storms cover of Seoul. The sky is like having unlimited snowflakes and deciding to shed them all at once, without pause. Cold.

Seolhyun is still sitting facing the computer screen. Yonghwa's invitation has been refused smoothly that she still has to complete the emergency work. Her fiance to be was upset. It was clear from Yonghwa's voice when the phone rang instantly as soon as she sent the reason for the rejection of his girlfriend.

Seolhyun also doesn’t know exactly why. But she knows, she won’t be able to spend the night with Yonghwa in the dark room, side by side, with Yonghwa's hand that will surely hold her hand without pause or kiss her.

Can’t. She just can’t.

"why you have to work until late?" Without greeting first, Yonghwa immediately asked when Seolhyun lifted her phone.

"Mianhae. My work must be done as soon as possible. "

Yonghwa also sounded sigh when seolhyun said it. "umm. Ok, if you say so. But tomorrow can you make it? "

Seolhyun's mind suddenly confused "Ngg ..."

"I've made a test food appointment at the sports club tomorrow. And we still have to find cards and souvenirs after that. You say that tomorrow. Let's get it right, you are the one say that. "

Seolhyun instantly poked her forehead, how could she forget. Tomorrow is a busy day with regard to their engagement event less than four months. Seolhyun clenches her finger, trying to find a reasonable excuse but it seems she didn’t find it.

"Can you?" Yonghwa asked again.

"What time is it?"

"I'll pick you up at nine. Let us finish all things pending. Don’t come home too late. "

"Dae." Seolhyun replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter