chapter 3

Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The phone on the table rang. The only phone in this room. But there was still one room lit up, one room in front of Seolhyun. The room she'd been looking at with a bleak face. The only place she might not want to glance at. She also remembered the incident earlier.

Seolhyun massage her forehead. She has a migraine. The type of dizziness she used to suffer from childhood if too focused on a problem or job. In this case, on the pile of data she is preparing to face the tax audit that will take place next week.

Matching the invoice numbers and debit notes of the tenants with the list provided by Changmin, the tax manager at this place. Sorting by month, for nearly three years period, not easy work. Nearly seven hours she was struggling with this yellow opaque sheet. Now she was starting to feel sick.

"already finished, Seolhyun-ah?"

Seolhyun turned. Changmin on the side of her desk. Asked kindly to Seolhyun.

Seolhyun shook her head. "not yet, sir"

"any difficulties ?" Asked Changmin again. "let me see."

Seolhyun showed files as high as three pillows stacked together. Changmin hurried to check quickly.

"This is correct."

"Yes, sir." Seolhyun nodded slowly, fearing her migraine were getting worse. "But it's not over yet, a lot of them, sir."

"Yes I know." Changmin nodded his regret. "I was asking you to finish this because another leasing employee who would be asked this probably don’t want to help me. And this should be over tomorrow. This is what the tax department has asked for. "

Seolhyun smiled.

"I'm sorry." Changmin looked at her. "But you seem to have to work overtime."

Now Seolhyun smiled again.

The first sincere smile for today. For some reason, hearing an apology from Changmin made her amused. She certainly knew that she had to stay late. But it's different to hear that speech was kind and sweetly from the mouth of one of the managers. And not the origin of command as she used to get from Taeyeon.

"It's okay, sir. I have to. "

"If you have any difficulties you can tell me." Changmin returns his message before he goes to his room.

 

After that there is a bundle files thrown on her desk.

Seolhyun gasped and turned.

Taeyeon stood at the side where Changmin had been, staring at her angrily. Not the usual cold stare.

For some reason, this time Seolhyun wasn’t afraid.

She turned and looked at Taeyeon. There is no fear in the heart at all. Seolhyun feels it has been intimidated enough for this. She had enough.

Resign wasn’t something embarrassing. Realizing the bitter truth about what Krystal said. She is a weak girl, for some reason, it no longer feels sad.

Whatever will be, will be.

"Yes?" Seolhyun asked calmly.

"I ask you to calculate the occupancy rate of the tenant at this mall," Taeyeon said.

"I did." Seolhyun's response doesn’t lose her calm.

"This is what you say you did?" Taeyeon replied again. Roughly the woman's hand grabbed the bundle she had thrown. She opens a large black clip that holds the paper together. It flips quickly so that it creates a rustling sound. "Take a look." Taeyeon said. "What percentage do you get?"

Seolhyun frowned. Grabbed the sheet and studied it. Consciousness creeps on itself, giving rise to a cold feeling.

"Not up to fifty percent." Taeyeon again. "Even kindergarten also know you count it was a silly."

Seolhyun bit her lip. She racked her brain, trying to remember where she got the numbers so inconsequential.

"There are only a few places that haven’t been hired yet. Two cubics are still entering the fit out stage, and several others are being bid. I just ask you to do a simple count. But you are still wrong. You can imagine how embarrassed I stood in front of Mr. Lee Soo man and had to explain why there was such a silly mistake that could have escaped my observation." Taeyeon snapped at Seolhyun.

Seolhyun's mouth is really itchy to reply. She even thought and wanted to ask why Taeyeon didn’t check it again before she came forward to present it in front of their famous haunted head department.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter