Too late to regret

31 short stories for December
 

TOO LATE TO REGRET

Sehun was staring blankly sitting on the waiting room chairs. It was his entire fault. She was in emergency room because of him. He had always known she has weak heart but then no, he had to go and confess and ruin things for the both of them and now her life was on the line because of him.

He stands up after five minutes and walked to the doctor office signing the papers they give him. That was it and there was no going back. A tear slip down as he saw her one last time from the mirror. He had to beg doctors for this sight and they finally granted him that considering what he was going to do.

He lays in the bed his mind couldn’t help but to remind him the moment he confessed to her and how she reacted.

Their relationship was never okay. For some reason Jiyeon vowed to hate him and even till now Sehun was unaware of the reason behind all the hatred she shown to him but he always remain good. He thought if he ignored her rude attitude towards himself she would stop hating him but that never happened and he learned his lesson the hard way.


I wanted to say something important. Please give me a moment.” Sehun begged Jiyeon who was gritting her teeth in displeasure as she stared around in embarrassment. She acted like Sehun talking to her make her loser. In no words was Sehun a nerd, a loser. He was just a normal kid who happens to like someone who won’t share his feelings.

When they walk to the corner Jiyeon hissed at the tall boy. “Can’t you ing stay away from me?! It’s frustrating me. When will you understand I don’t want you around me huh?!”

Even though it broke Sehun’s heart he smiled at her bitterly. He knows her answer without asking his question but he really wanted to confess. At the very least he could just say he likes her then what happen happens. Nothing could get worse at this point.

I love you. I’ve always loved you.” There was shock evident on her face but Sehun didn’t stop, he took it his chance to let the burden off of his shoulder.

I don’t know what makes you hate me so much and I know you don’t want me that way- or any other way but at the very least I wanted to just let you know.” He eyed her who was still shock then slowly she regained her conscious and Sehun never expected less than a tantrum she showed. The thing he didn’t expect was her clutching her chest in the middle of yelling at him. And now the rest was history. Here he was, doing her a favor. Paying for confessing his love to her.

 

Eight years later Jiyeon’s eyes were flooding from tears. No… he didn’t do that for her. He can’t.

She clutched her heart… the heart that wasn’t hers but someone who she never wasted a chance to show her hatred towards that person. It was Oh Sehun’s. The papers in her hand squeezed together in her grip as she burst into sobs falling on the side of her bed regretting her life decisions.

He loved her… and yet he had to go through all that. It was torturous for him to love someone like her. His heart was bumping harshly against her ribcage. Did it hurt him like that when she rejected him?

It was hard to live knowing you’ve the heart of a person who you hurt the most yet that person willingly gave up his life for you and you know you don’t deserve it. Jiyeon know she didn’t deserve this life. But she has to live, to let his heart keep beating as long as she could for that’s the least she could do now.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png

AUTHOR NOTE

aiAlways idea ^^