Memories

31 short stories for December
 

MEMORIES

Whistling of winds was loud that night. The cold breeze waves smacking against the trees. Dust flowing alongside tissue paper or plastic cups.

 

A soft sniff echoed alongside the weeping breeze. A girl sat in the playground on her knees in the sand. Her face covered by her hands as she softly cries to herself. Her hair long and silky resting on her back; occasionally her hair would wave in air direction only to fall back.

 

Her name was Jiyeon; a twenty three years old girl has a boyfriend– a sole reason for her to run away from their shared apartment and come here to cry her eyes out.

 

Her heart was bursting with ache. It screams at her words that all contains the same message ‘he doesn't love her enough’. It was his words he screamed at her repeating over and over expressing she became a burden to him. She was hard to please. That she should shut up.

 

Why would her boyfriend say such a harsh things to her? Unless his love has decreased for her. Why couldn't he understand that? Was it too much to ask? It's seems like it was.

 

The breeze calm down a little. Legs tired, she decided to cross legged. It was more comfortable than on her knees as she thought of their times together and to find out what has gone wrong with them.

 

Sitting on the bed, Jiyeon and her boyfriend Sehun were studying in silence for their upcoming test.

 

My eyes are hurting.” Jiyeon complained rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

 

Sehun look up concerned. Placing his pen down, he reached for the side of her cheeks and then puffed air on her eyes.

 

She blinked her eyes. Then opened them powerfully with a new found energy. They still sting a little but to make him happy she played along.

 

Are they okay now?” Sehun asked smiling at her.

 

Jiyeon nodded returning his bright smile.

Sehun, let's take break after five hmm?” She said eyeing him hopefully.

Sehun looked uncertain but then nodded. “If that's what you want love.” He then pats her head.

Jiyeon leaned into the touch.

 

Jiyeon sighed at the memory. His gentle touch. Tears were starting to dry on her cheeks. She moved her hands away from her face and tucked them on her chest as she stares in space.


 

Sehun we're adults now so we can move in together. Wouldn't it be great if we live together?” She asked excitedly from Sehun.

 

Sehun hesitated for a second before he nodded furiously. Grasping her hands he stands up making her stand up too.

 

We should do that! What about things and all? I mean I don't have a decent job yet–”

 

Pecking his lips smilingly hugged him tight. “Don't worry for that now. Things would work somehow. I'll help too!

 

Sehun closed his eyes smelling her hair. “If you say so. I'm counting on your help.

 

Jiyeon snorted, and then whispered. “I'll not leave you Sehun so don't you dare to leave me too.

 

I can't imagine a life without you, love.”


 

Jiyeon’s lips parted slightly in realization at the memory. She wanted them to move in… she gave him words that she she'll help him…

 

Sehun I'm tired of organizing things! There's no end to your stuff!” She complained feeling miserable.

 

Sehun who just finished with bed sheets eyed the four boxes scattered in their bedroom.

 

Going to her side he sat on his one knee and eyed her playfully. “So what do you suggest we do?”

 

Jiyeon’s finger went up to her chin thoughtfully then her lips break into a large grin. “We should call it night! That's the best thing to do right now!

 

Sehun frowned as he looked around. “But Ji–”

 

Jiyeon jumped up on the bed ignoring Sehun’s disapproving stares. When he didn't move Jiyeon sat up again. “Aww Sehun work could wait. Don't you care about me? I'm sooo tired.

 

Sehun sighed in defeat. “You won, happy.” then he started pushing the boxes with his feet to the one side of the room to make it more comfortable for the night. Then placed the clothes inside their wardrobe before joining her with a smile.

 

Few minutes later.

 

We forgot to take a shower.” Sehun murmurs.

 

Jiyeon gasped sitting up. “Oh God I forget about that completely. I'll go first.” then she was out of his arms in light speed.

 

Sehun chuckled at the energized girl.


 

Jiyeon’s lip stretch in a sad smile. She looked down at the sand. Unknowingly her fingers start drawing patterns on it.

 

It's okay just rest. I'll take care of everything.” Sehun whispered in her ear as he tightly hugged her to himself.

 

Jiyeon’s tears slid down that Sehun wiped immediately not letting them pass her an inch down.

 

She was overworking herself for the past few weeks and then falls sick. She didn't want Sehun to worry over her so didn't tell him. He already looked tired so she didn't want him to get concerned over her. It backfired when she ended up fainting in her workplace and they had to call Sehun. When she woke up Sehun was at her side, kissing her knuckles gently.

 

I'm sorry for not telling you.” She whispered, trying to not let her headache affect her.

 

Patting her back Sehun sighed. “What made you to even hide something like this from me in the first place? Do you not trust me enough?

 

Sehun,” She whimpered at his disappointed tone. “I always whine to you without thinking twice about you… I feel like I'm not taking care of you… it's you who's always giving in to me…

 

Squeezing her shoulder Sehun clicked his tongue. “You just didn't hide your fever; you also hide this from me? Idiot I give in to you because I love you. It's not out of–”

 

But it doesn't feel right. It's like I'm taking advantage of you and… Sehun…” her eyes shut off in pain. In that moment Sehun fingers massage her head placing the pressure on the right points to calm her.

 

I want to spoil you. You do not get to decide about that. If you sincerely don't like me doing it then say so otherwise I'm not stopping.”

 

Jiyeon’s heart melted at his words. And from that day onwards Sehun banned her from working in fear of her getting sick.

 

Jiyeon sighed frowning at her surroundings. His love was too real. He spoiled her rotten. Did she doubted him… was the last few weeks were from her imagination that made her doubt his love?


 

Sehun look at that dress… it's so beautiful. Can you buy it for me? Please?” She pouted at him trying to make him buy it for her.

 

He looked around uncomfortably. “You really want it?

 

Jiyeon smiled nodding her head. “Yes Sehun I want it, will you buy it for me?

 

Sehun smiled nervously. “Of course let's get in first.”

 

Hearing the price Sehun’s face paled. Jiyeon was smiling first but when she saw how Sehun’s face fell she know it was bad idea to ask him buy her that.

 

I don't want it Sehun. Let's go and see other things.” She whispered.

 

Sehun’s cheek blushed with embarrassment as he bowed to the seller and left empty handed.

 

Why didn't you say that from the start? You should've said you don't have enough money… it's not like I would've eaten you alive.”

 

Sehun shrugged it off saying he's hungry.


 

Jiyeon was calm by now. She realized how Sehun was always lovely with her. It was a ridiculous thought to even say he doesn't love her enough. It was the first time he screamed at her… after spoiling her nonstop so it does sting. Her mind wandered to their argument that took place an hour ago.


 

Jiyeon was getting tired of sitting home and hanging out with her friends. Sehun was always busy and in night he would give her short answers. He wasn't explaining things to her like he used to. He wasn't paying attention to her for the past two weeks.

 

So when he came home she was ready to talk it out with him. But it was also not surprising when he dodged her questions saying they should get some sleep.

 

“No one is sleeping until you don't answer me.” She insisted.

 

Sehun looked around tiredly before shaking his head. “You'll know when the time would come–”

 

I wanted to know now Sehun.”

 

Sehun stand there quietly thinking to himself before stepping closer to her. “Why are you being like this? You must be tired–”

 

Stepping back she glared. “Yes I'm tired of not working Sehun. You're busy and I've nothing to do much. It's getting awful for me. Say the truth, are you seeing someone behind my back?

 

Jiyeon! Stop this! You don't know what you're talking about so stop right this instant.” He said sounding angry.

 

Jiyeon was surprised at first but then this means there was something he was hiding. There was no reason for him to get mad like this if he wasn't cheating.

 

Crossing her arms she hissed. “Who's that girl huh? Do you even love me? Caging me in this house and pretending everything is fine when it's not. Why are you always late?

 

She saw his eyes widening with each word escaping her lips.

 

That's crazy now. I only love you and there's no one–”

 

Then why don't give me your attention Sehun?!” She screamed. “You've changed! You don't do this for me and it's getting too much! I'm living in this place because I love you not to spend my days lonely… what are you doing Sehun?!

 

Sehun's fish clenched. “What am I doing? Well I'm working my off for you and you go accuse me like this? You know you're asking too much from me… why is it hard to please you? Why it's never enough whatever I do for you? And on that you accuse me of something like this?! How dare you?!”

 

Jiyeon shivered before glaring at him. “Sehun–”

 

Just shut the up okay?!” he yelled again cutting her off and stormed out.

 

Jiyeon screamed at his retracting figure and throw the first thing came to her hand. Smashing the TV remote on the wall as tears rolled down. In a fit of rage she couldn't stay in the house so she too ran out.


 

Jiyeon sighed. Was it her fault to lash out at him like this? But she was getting tired of everything... She just wanted him to ask about her like he used too… he didn't understand that… though she admit she shouldn't have accused him of cheating. He was so in love to do that... He would've not given in to her every time if he was having affair with someone else.

 

Suddenly she felt a jacket wrapped around her from the back. She didn't fight it– his smell gave it away.

 

You'll caught cold again.” Sehun whispered silently.

 

Jiyeon felt the warmth around her. She didn't turn around; she didn't have the courage too. Looking down she sniffed. She missed him already.

 

Pulling her in back hug Sehun swayed slightly. “I'm sorry for screaming at you like that... I'm sorry for not giving you the love you deserve…” he regretfully apologized. His hands turning her around to face him.

 

I just… I just wanted to give you that…” He gave her the paper bag that was on their side. When peeked in only to gasp and covered . Chuckling at her reaction Sehun whispered. “I wanted to collect enough money to buy you that. Part time job so… I wasn't cheating–”

 

Throwing herself at him she cried hard. “Sehun! Why are you like this?! I'm sorry for saying those horrible things to you! Please Sehun I'm sorry!

 

Sehun sighed in bliss before he shakes his head. “I'm sorry too. Maybe I should've told you about this.

 

Jiyeon didn't answer as she was too busy feeling shame yet happiness.

 

It was the dress she wanted to buy but Sehun didn't have enough money that time… he did this for her. How could she doubt his love?

 

Let's get inside and drink something hot.” Sehun suggested helping her up.

 

Jiyeon nodded stealing a wet kiss before giggling at his surprised face.

 

Naughty naughty girl.” He teased pulling her closer to him and walking home.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png

AUTHOR NOTE

 

Three updates for today for not updating in three days. ^^