He's confusing

31 short stories for December
 

HE'S CONFUSING

Jiyeon exhaled and inhaled deeply preparing herself for her first day as a waitress in McDonalds.

She entered inside bowing to the other workers who hastily bowed back and some telling her it wasn’t important to do that to them.

Changing her clothes she finds herself in front of the cashier alongside other girl named Hyeri who was smiling widely.

So… if the customer is being rude, should I ignore them?” Jiyeon asked.

Hyeri pouted with a frown. “No love, you can’t ignore a customer. You’ve to give them what they want- as long as they pay for their demands. Customer is always right.”

Jiyeon hoped she don’t have to deal with rude customers.

So what am I supposed to do now?” She asked.

Crossing her arms, Hyeri exclaimed joyfully. “In five minutes we’ll change the sign so before that no work. You can sit in here.”

Jiyeon nodded with a smile. Her heart bursting in happiness but then it dropped. It was just the beginning. She shouldn’t get happy that easily. Right.

After few minutes came in two boys and Jiyeon find herself eyeing the two man one tall and one short endlessly.

The two looked… intimidating? Yep they have this angry eyes glaring at the world as if the world own them something. It’s better if she stayed away from them. The short guy looked like was ready to punch someone, while the tall could care less if the world ends tomorrow.

Sehun, Kyungsoo! Come here and greet her! She’s Jiyeon.” Hyeri waved at the two excitedly. Jiyeon winced. Why the nice girl did this to her.

Sehun and Kyungsoo made their way and eyed Jiyeon for few seconds before Kyungsoo bowed. “I’m Kyungsoo.”

“Sehun.”

Jiyeon.”

“Okay that was awkward. How could you people make things so boring with a word? Who greet someone like that? Is this the first impression you want to give each other?”

“I don’t believe in first impression.” Kyungsoo, Sehun and Jiyeon said together just with different tones.

Hyeri whined slamming her head on the counter. “Oh god I’m stuck with these people now! Go away you two and get changed.” She shoo the two man away, disappointment on her face.


Jiyeon placed the tray down carefully as two girls were busy among each other. She bowed and left. It’s been four hours she arrived and so far things were going fine- she was tired but that way okay.

Now that everyone gets what they want, she stands at the side ready to help anyone.

Hey new worker come here.” Sehun called.

She bites her tongue to not open and say something. Obediently she walked to him.

You can sit if you want you know. I’m taking over.” He said with a smile.

Jiyeon had her jaw dropped. This cold guy was smiling? So he was in bad mood in the morning or something? It must be so she bowed to him thanking him for that.

Half hour later she had to come out because suddenly it was crowded and her eyelids nearly closed. It was Sehun getting the attention. All these teenager girls eyeing the working man. Tsk.

Oh there you’re. I was thinking to call you. Help me out please.” He said and kept taking orders with a genuine smile.

Jiyeon went to take some orders but girls weren’t really looking forward to her. Their eyes peeking on Sehun while Jiyeon asked them what would they like. It actually made her feel sour at the way girls ignored her while she was doing her best to treat them with respect.

Cleaning the tables Jiyeon realized it was only her and Hyeri. Where are Kyungsoo and Sehun?

Why aren’t they cleaning?” She blurted out.

Hyeri wiped the sweat from the back of her sleeve as she muttered. “Kyungsoo cleans the kitchen, Sehun is probably doing something.”

Instantly Sehun came out. His bag on his back as he coldly passed by them. Hyeri didn’t say anything nor Sehun as he left.

What was with him? Was he in bad mood again?

Next day he looked fine in the morning as he chatted with Jiyeon and Hyeri and Jiyeon find herself attach to him. He was a smooth talker. He complimented her and helped her.

In the middle of the day he came and Jiyeon smiled at him though he only glared at her walking to serve the customers. Jiyeon awkwardly stared around. Not sure what happened.

And she was even more surprised when Sehun offered to send her off. Like he was glaring at the world not two hours ago and suddenly he was being all sun shine.

No it’s okay really you don’t have to do this.” She said quietly.

But I really want to send you.” He insisted not moving away.

In the end Jiyeon agreed to let him accompany her while Hyeri teased how they were already going out.

I just wanted a candy and mom thought I would get some energy. I had to pretend that yes it could be possible.”

Sehun laughed. “Gosh she’s really worried you know you shouldn’t play with her like this. She’s already doing so much for you; I would give up anything to be in your place. All my mom does is nag and nag about not cleaning my room.”

 

May I ask what happened?” Jiyeon asked Sehun carefully.

Mind your own business.” Jiyeon was taken back. What?! She parted her lips to say something but then shut it off. This was weird. She shrugged her shoulders leaving him alone to curse Kyungsoo for some reason.

 

Want to eat ice cream with me?” Sehun asked at the end of the day.

Jiyeon pursed her lips to not curse at him for the morning. What was wrong with him?

No.”

“But I know a place where it’s so good you’ll be amazed at the taste. Come on now don’t be like that.” And she agreed because he looks like he’ll fall on his knees and beg.

 

Sehun was nowhere to found so Jiyeon was forced to serve all these customers. Alone. She grunted under her breath when she was called by the boy’s cat calling her. She forced a smile as she asked them what they would like to eat.

Taking the orders she felt uncomfortable with the way they were eyeing her. Normally she let Sehun handle these kinds but the strange man was nowhere so she had to do instead.

Are you single?” One asked grinning.

Jiyeon gulped and nodded her head. When finished she rushed back clutching her heart. No, she always made sure to stays away from trouble makers. The really scare her.

Hyeri… why don’t you go and deal with those? I really can’t deal with erts.” She muttered.

Hyeri stared at her in concern.

Who harassed you?”

Jiyeon jumped at the hissed voice.

Sehun where were you?! God i… just go and serve them their order.” She said in relief. She was so happy with his presence that she could hug him.

Sehun nodded with a frown.

 

Why are you being cold now? You’re so weird. How could you act so different all the time? One moment you’re treating me with respect and the other you tell me to stay away from you? What is wrong with you?” Jiyeon complained to Sehun who was ready to go back home.

Well I never treated you with respect so don’t bother me. I don’t even know what you want. All you’ve to do is stay away from me and yet here you’re opening a drama.”

“I’m not! You know what? Don’t bother me again if you’re going to act like this.” She stormed away leaving first.

 

Jiyeon ignored Sehun as he came around.

Hey Jiyeon I find this awesome game you should download it too and play. It’s really addicting.” He said fishing his phone out to show her.

Why are you doing this?” Jiyeon asked.

Sehun looked around, not understanding what she was saying.

Sighing Jiyeon closed her eyes. “Sehun last night you made sure I should stay away from you so why are you talking to me? Can you leave me alone?”

Ah… I don’t remember saying that… you must be hallucinating.” He looked confused.

Jiyeon wasn’t pleased with his answer so she did start distancing herself from him.

And Sehun noticed.

After few weeks of same things happening Sehun begged Jiyeon to come out with till she agreed. Sitting in the coffee shop Sehun clasped his palm together.

So… I’ll tell you something only Kyungsoo, Hyeri and my parents know. I have multiple personality disorder… it’s… I’m not sure how you feel about that so… I’m sorry if my other personality has hurt you in some way…”

Jiyeon had her eyes wide opened. First of all, he was too straight to the point and second! Hell she was suspecting it but wasn’t sure it would be true… for a second she sighed in relief. If Sehun wasn’t getting treated for it so it wasn’t harmful to others.

Sehun… you waited all this time to tell me that… I was actually worried you know…” She mumbled.

Sehun chuckled. “People start judging me and tell me to get treated and all that… I think I’m quiet fine unlike others who are actually violent one second and acting like a child the next… I’m told I’m just cold and avoid everyone…”

Jiyeon smiled. “Yeah the other you do that. Does he know about this too?”

Sehun nodded.

I should start getting friendly with him too.” Jiyeon said eyeing the coffee.

Sehun just shrugged. “Don’t blame me if he hurt you… you know I’m unconscious when he’s around…”

Jiyeon gave assured smile. “Don’t worry I won’t rush things.” Earning a beautiful smile in return.

03Eur4q.pngmLj6TK8.png

AUTHOR NOTE

Okay this was really written weirdly. Anyway MPD is kind of complicated thing, its happens when child is ually abused so their mind create another personality to protect the child who’s suffering. So when the child grows up it becomes a part of them. I actually wanted to write a separate story about this topic someday in future. alwaysAi idea ^^

Thank you soo much for everyone reading, subscribing and commenting, thank you ^^