First date?

Mountain too high to climb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Sumin

What are you doing this weekend?

 

To Sehun

Saturday is my usual cleaning day, you know doing laundry etc. On Sunday, I am going to Naejangsan Park. I read the views from the mountain there is fantastic.

 

To Sumin

Why are you going to Naejangsan Park?

 

To Sehun

Once a month or more frequently if I am free, I will go to a park, mountain, or lake outside Seoul to draw.

 

To Sumin

Wow. You can draw.  What other talents do you have that I am unaware of? Do you go with friends?

 

To Sehun

Hahaha.. I dabble in drawing. I’m not talented. Just for relaxation. I go alone.

 

To Sumin

I’m free this weekend. Can I join you? I promise I won’t disturb you. I’ll bring a novel or a notebook to read or write while you draw. I even throw in a driving service.

 

To Sehun

You’ll be bored. And I prefer to take the train.

 

To Sumin

I promise I won’t. Please… 🙏🏻

 

To Sehun

Wont it be risky? Someone may recognize you

 

To Sumin

I think a cap, upturned collar, sunglasses and a face mask would do the trick. 😎 If somehow, I do get recognize, I’ll disappear.

 

To Sehun.

Ok, if you are sure. I’m taking the 8am train from Seoul station. Get your own ticket. After the train pull out of Seoul, we can text and find each other on the train. Ok?

 

To Sumin

Yes Ma’am.

 

Sumin snorted when she saw his last message.

 

That Sunday morning, Sumin took the train 10 minutes to departure time. She placed her bag on the seat next to hers as she next to the window. She was not hopeful that Sehun would join her but she had prepared extra food in case he did turn up. She looked out of the train to see if she could see him taking the train but up to the train departure, he was nowhere in sight. Unsurprised, she took out her phone and plug in her earpiece. She leaned back with her sunglasses and watched the scenery outside as the train moved off from the station.

 

Sumin was jolted from her musings when she felt someone plonked on the seat next to hers. She turned and was surprised to see that it was Sehun. HE had picked up her bag and put in on the seat opposite him and sat down beside her. As he had previously described his disguise, he had an upturned collar like the style of the 80s, sunglasses and cap.

 

Leaning in towards her, he whispered, “You were supposed to message me your seating location.” Sumin whispered back, “I thought you could not make it.” He shook his head in disappointment. “Such lack of faith in me. I was on the train 15 minutes before departure. I saw you got on the train, fortunately.” Sumin was astonished as she never pegged Sehun as an early bird. Unexpectedly, Sehun took one of her earpiece, leaned back and plugged it in to listen to her music. Sumin glanced at him to see he was nonchalant about the whole thing. With a slight shook of her head, she similarly rested.

 

Sehun was quite excited about the outing. He told the members about it the night before and they about going out on his first date. “No, its not a date. She is going to the mountain to draw and I thought it would be fun to join her,” he explained for the umpteenth time but the members refused to believe him. He gave up and just ignore the teasing from his hyungs. Suho reminded him to be vigilant so as not to attract attention and not let his guard down. He nodded somberly. That night, he set his alarm at 6 am so that he would have ample time to be at the station.

 

After about half an hour of train ride, Sumin turned to Sehun. She wondered whether he was sleeping since he had been quiet since he took one of her earpiece to listen to her music. Her eyes trailed the sharp line of his side profile. She removed her sunglasses and waved her hands in front of him to check if he was awake but there wasn’t any reaction. Feeling safe, she turned and face him directly, her eyes raking his profile from the front. He does have very sharp, angular face and features. With his cold stare hidden under his sunglasses, Sumin could appreciate his good looks. Sumin smirked at the thought of the many girls’ heart he had probably broken just from his looks alone. She turned to lean back and look out of the window again.

 

Sehun had closed his eyes when he sat down but he wasn’t sleeping. He had been observing her from the side. Her skin was pale and translucent and her features are soft and relaxed. He noticed she did not put on any make up again. A small smile crept in his face as heappreciated the face. She is a natural beauty. His eyes travelled down her neck and he paused to appreciate the long and slim neck which exposed the white nape that was enticing. His eyes lingered at that nape and his breath hitched as suddenly the thought of kissing that nape crossed his mind. Quickly he tore his eyes away from the nape and lowered. He remembered earlier this morning as she walked on the platform of how the simple tee shirt with printed words on her chest accentuated her slim built that has the right amount of curves and her cargo pants enhanced her long legs. Her overall aura was someone calm and composed.

 

He knew she was awake because sometimes, she skipped a song playing on her phone. She must have thought he was sleeping because she skipped all the upbeat songs. He had been wondering when would be an appropriate time to start a conversation, though he wasn’t sure what to say or ask. As he was contemplating this, Sumin suddenly waved her hands in front of him. He decided to pretend to sleep and continue to silently observe her from behind his sunglasses. He saw her stare at his profile while he drinks in her face. She has perfect features; her face is oval shaped, with almond shaped eyes with double eyelids. Her nose is straight and slightly upturned at the end and her cheekbone was sculpted beautifully. Sehun knows that her facewould be outstanding if she put on just a little bit of make up. But he liked her simplicity and the quiet, unassuming confidence that comes from it. When she had her fill of his face, she gave a smirk and turned towards the window.

 

“Is the view outside better than my face?” he lazily stretched his words after Sumin turned away. Sumin’s head snapped back at him and her face turned red as it dawned on her that she was caught redhanded staring at him. Sehun looked around and noted there was no one standing, so he sat up, to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter