The Concert

Mountain too high to climb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyeri can find another person to accompany her. I’m sure her friends would jump at the free ticket,” Sumin explained. When she arrived at the café on the day of the concert, Sooyoung-unnie informed her that there is a problem and she had to work, so persuaded Sumin to attend the concert instead. “I just think its rude that they gave tickets to us and only one of us turned up. Go, I’ll stay and deal with this problem,” Sooyoung insisted. Actually, Kai had approached her earlier and offered her four tickets to their second concert, in exchange to getting Sumin to attend the first day’s concert. Sooyoung didn’t know the reason for the insistence on Sumin’s attendance but she also felt that Sumin was too serious and should have a night to relax and enjoy herself. But Sumin had been difficult to convince.

 

The concert was electrifying. The guys gave them very good seats, near the front of the stage, which happened to be where EXO hardcore fans sat. They had good views of the stage and performances. Hyeri brought a friend along and they both blended well with the other fans whereas Sumin felt a bit awkward. Sumin finally agreed to go because Unnie was too persistent. When the guys first appeared, she was surprised. They looked totally different when they were on stage. And when they started their performance, they were really outstanding. They were no longer the normal everyday guys she saw at the cafe, instead she saw superstars. Sumin was impressed. The singing was great and their dancing was slick, sharp and awesome. Especially Sehun whose dancing was really impressive and he was very confident on stage. The guys also interacted well with the fans, increasing the excitement in the air with their jokes and teases. Sumin noticed that Sehun did not talk much on stage, but he was no longer the icy prince, but a totally hot guy. Sumin enjoyed the concert so much that she was bobbing to their songs too.

 

What even impressed her more was the response from EXO fans. They knew their songs, singing along during appropriate times in sync and even had their own cheers. The crowds were huge, in tens of thousands and their voices were in unison although there were catcalls for specific members at times, especially for Sehun and Kai. It was one gigantic cheerleading team.

 

Sumin enjoyed the individual performances more since it allowed her to focus on each of the guy’s ability whereas the group performances at times overwhelmed her. She looked forward to Sehun’s individual performance since he was the one whom she knew best among the guys. But she ended up not watching the whole performance as she blushed and turned away when Sehun removed his shirt to show off his chiseled abs, especially with the screaming that followed. The fans were screaming his name and some even unabashedly shouted what they wanted to do to him.

 

After one and a half hours of pulsating performances, the concert ended. One of the security personnel approached and directed them to the backstage. They were ushered into a room where the guys were resting after their performance. “Hi,” Suho greeted them as they entered. Hyeri and her friend excitedly responded whereas Sumin ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter