Will the world accept us?

Mountain too high to climb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sumin was chatting away with Hyeri when Sooyoung, who was on the phone with the owner of the café earlier, walked to them. “Mrs Kim wants the documents for last month’s activities. Could one of you go and send to her now?” Sooyoung asked. Looking at Hyeri who seemed reluctant to go, Sumin volunteered.

 

She walked to the office which was a couple of blocks from the café and she would have to pass SM Building. As she approached, she saw a group of fans outside SM Building. When she was nearer, she saw Sehun, Chanyeol and Chen standing around the van while DO was walking out of the building. There were security guards that make sure the fans did not get close to them.

 

Sehun was leaning against the van, chatting with Chen. He was in a light blue jeans, a plain white tee shirt that stretched across his chest. With his sunglasses and fringe flopping across his eyes, Sumin smiled at her handsome boyfriend. Even in the simplest clothing, he looked amazing. Most time, she think its unbelievable that he is in love with her. With a shy and happy smile, Sumin walked pass the group.

 

Chanyeol looked up and was surprised to see Sumin walking along the pavement across the small road in from of SM Building. He nudged Sehun and signalled in Sumin’s direction, who had by then, walked past them. Sehun quickly called her.

 

“Stop. Turn and look at me,” he said quietly. Sumin bit her lips and turned to face him. She saw that he removed his sunglasses so that she could see his eyes staring at her. She beamed at him. “Where are you going?” he asked. “I’m sending some documents to the owner,” she replied. “Aren’t you filming a variety show today?” Sehun nodded. “We are waiting for the rest to come down.” They stared at each other in silence. “Sweetheart, I want to go to you right now,” he whispered longingly. Sumin closed her eyes. She felt warmed all over. She would love to be in his arms right at that moment but they have to be realistic.

 

“I’ll see you on Sunday, right?” she asked softly. “How about tomorrow?” Sehun asked. “I told you I’m going hiking with my school friends. You can’t have forgotten it?” Sumin reminded him. “I want to forget it so you don’t go,” Sehun pouted. Sumin giggled. “It doesn’t work like that.”

 

Sumin saw Chanyeol nudging Sehun and heard his whispers about fans noticing Sehun’s behaviour on the phone. “Su, I will hang up first. You turn around and continue walking as if you are still talking on the phone. I’m so sorry. I love you,” Sehun quickly instructed her, his tone very apologetic. Sumin had turned by then and was about to start walking when she turned back, “I love you too,” before she briskly walked away.

 

Sehun sighed heavily as he turned towards Chanyeol. Putting his head against Chanyeol’s shoulder, Sehun whispered sadly, “Hyung, I feel so sorry for her. It’s not fair.” Chanyeol patted his back, and replied, “Then treat her well. Make all her sacrifices worth it.”

 

That night, as they were packing for the hiking trip, Ye Rim reminded Sumin to bring a cap. She realized that she had thrown away her only cap which was dirtied on her previous hiking trip. She has forgotten to get another cap. Then she saw Sehun’s caps in her room. Sehun has left a few of his stuff in the room over the months they’ve been together. When you looked around her room, it looked as much as Sehun’s with his caps, books and clothes lying around.  She texted Sehun.

 

To Sehun

Sorry.. I need a cap for my hiking tomorrow. I going to use one of yours that is here. I trust that’s its ok.

 

Sumin wasn’t expecting an answer because Sehun was filming. After knowing Sehun, she found out that a lot of filming of variety shows happen in the middle of the night, sometimes till early morning.

 

The next day, she saw Sehun’s affirmative reply. He also asked if he could come over that night for dinner. She texted her thanks to Sehun even though she knew that he would probably be sleeping. She wasn’t sure about dinner as they may go out with their friends after the hike. Dressed in plain white tee and black cargo pants, Sehun’s black cap perfectly matched her outfit. “Hmm, I should ask Sehun if I can keep this cap,” she thought.

 

On the drive to the train station, Sumin told Ye Rim about Sehun’s invite to Singapore. “After giving it some thought, the other day, I told him I’ll go. And now, I am worried about it,” Sumin confessed. Ye Rim glanced at her friend. Sumin was clenching her hands. “What is it that you are worried about? The travelling overseas or sleeping with him? If it is sleeping with him, you can always say no like you usually do.” Sumin lowered her eyes and looked at her hands. “I think when I said yes to him, it’s understood that I agreed to sleeping with him then.” “Do you want to?” Ye Rim asked. Her cheeks pinked and she shyly nodded. “But I’m scared. I have no experience, I don’t know what to do or what to expect.”

 

Ye Rim smiled. The admission itself came as a surprise to her since Sumin had denied any interest for quite some time. “Sehun is inexperienced himself, right?” Ye Rim asked. “I think so, I don’t know. I didn’t ask. What if both of us, inexperienced, fumbled around and it became a nightmare. I wanted to wait for Singapore, for it to be special. What if it become otherwise?” Sumin eyes widened at the sudden thought.

 

“So, you want him to have experience first?” Ye Rim asked. “I’ll let him know.” Ye Rim winked. “Of course not. Are you even my bestfriend?” Sumin was annoyed. “We are doing thing even for the first time, and he had not disappointed me. Well, I have nothing to compare, but it .. ahh.. what am I talking about,” Sumin frustrated.

 

Ye Rim could not help but laugh at the situation. After she finally stopped laughing because Sumin was giving her the stinky eye, Ye Rim assured her. “He’ll figure it out, I’m sure. It’s mostly natural instinct. But you, we will have our chats before the trip and I need to bring you to see a doc. We don’t want you to get knocked up so soon.”

 

They met their friends at the train station. There were 10 of them, 4 of them were guys. They sat around in the train, chatting. “Hey Sumin,” Lisa, a proud EXO-L suddenly called her. Sumin turned to her, “Yeah?” “Where did you get that cap? It looks like the one Sehun wore on the recent Nature Republic’s fanmeet. Its supposed to be exclusive,” she asked excitedly. Sumin blinked. It never occurred to her anyone would recognize Sehun’s cap. “Oh.. this one? It’s..” before Sumin could gather an excuse, Ye Rim interrupted. “Lisa, go to Myeongdong. There are many copies of the accessories or clothes EXO members wear.” A few of the other friends agreed and they talked about how that’s the only way they could afford it, since EXO members’ actual outfits and accessories are from the luxurious brands. The discussion continued on whether the members get to keep those clothings. Breathing a sigh of relief at the diversion, Sumin smiled gratefully at Ye Rim.

 

As they hiked up the mountain, Minhyuk walked besides Sumin. “Are you confident about the exam? Result coming out next week,” he asked. Sumin shook her head. “I’m not. But what’s done is done. Fortunately this time, as long as I passed, I get to keep my scholarship. It was terrifying last year, when I have to get mainly A’s to retain my scholarship.” Minhyuk smiled, “You are smart, you usually ace your exams and projects.” Sumin just gave him a small smile.

 

“Sumin,” Minhyuk spoke again after several minutes. Sumin turned to look at him. “Do you think we can go out for a movie or something? Just us?” he asked, his ears were red and he looked at her nervously. Minhyuk is a quiet guy, quite good looking in a nerdy sort of way. They had two cloasses together this semester and one class last semester. Before, if she were to consider the type of guy she would date, Minhyuk would be one of the top option. They were both conscientious about their study, serious and down to earth. There was another guy in school that had shown interest in Sumin, Jisung, he was handsome and popular. Many girls were attracted to him but everyone seemed to be aware that he was interested in Sumin. He was quite opened in his pursuit but Sumin had rebuffed him several times, because she was not comfortable with him.

 

Sumin knew Minhyuk had taken a lot of effort to ask her out. So she smiled at him gently, “Minhyuk-ah, I don’t plan to date anyone from school. We remain as good friends, ok?” He nodded shyly. “Ok, we stay friends then. Don’t be uncomfortable with me after this.” Sumin reassured him.

 

The hike was fun and lunch was a potluck from everyone. Sumin brought kimbap while she made eggrolls for Ye Rim’s contribution since Ye Rim can’t cook and had no interest. There were fruits, fried mandu and sandwiches. The guys brought drinks. They ate and rested, chit chatting about their plans.

 

One of the guys, Junki suggested going to a club to celebrate their results. “What if our results is bad?” Li Ann asked. “Well, then the club is also a good place to drown our sorrow,” Junki quickly replied. The group was agreeable and decided they will ask others if they are also interested. Ye Rim turned to Sumin, and prodded her. “You cannot back out, ok?” Sumin nodded while hoping that Sehun had other schedule on that day.

 

Sehun texted her again and asked the time she was coming back. He wanted to come over so that they can book the flight and accommodation for Singapore. Some of their friends wanted to go out for dinner but Ye Rim said no. “I’m too exhausted. Now I remember why I never join Sumin on her hikes and walks. I don’t like them. Too hot and sweaty,” she whined. Sumin decided not to join their friends too.

 

“Ye Rim-ah, Sehun messaged earlier wanting to have dinner at our place. Is that ok? Shall we ask him to bring the food? I don’t want to cook tonight,” Sumin said. “Set. Ask him to order pizza and ice cream,” Ye Rim was agreeable.

 

Sumin texted Sehun with the extimated time she’ll be back and ask if he could bring pizza and ice cream for dinner. Sehun happily agreed.

 

When they reached home, both girls could not wait to get into the shower. Sumin spent a long time under the cold shower, enjoying the feel of the water running down her body. The weather had been very hot and she was hot and sweaty. After a long and satisfying shower, her body is all cool and clean.  Wrapping a towel on her hair and another towel around her body, Sumin stepped out of the bathroom.

 

Sehun put the ice cream in the freezer and left the boxes of pizza at the kitchen counter. He walked out of the kitchen to find Sumin stepping out of the bathroom, clad only in a towel around her body and another on her head. They stared at each other, both surprised. Sehun moved his eyes slowly from her head to her long creamy neck, down to the pale shoulder that sits above the towel wrapped body that showed a slight cleavage and her curves. The towel ended slightly below her hips and then it was her long, y legs, glistened with moist from the recent shower. He raised his eyes to hers again, his breathing heavier, his heart racing and he gulped.

 

Sumin stood frozen as Sehun ran his eyes down the length of her body. Her heart was pumping crazily as she saw the desire in his eyes. She is conscious that she had nothing but towel on her and she should quickly go to her room and change. But her legs wouldn’t move and she remain rooted. Her lips were dry and she her lips as she saw Sehun approaching her. “Sumin, move. Changed!” her brain shouted but her whole body tensed, still as a statue, as she watched in a daze as Sehun come closer.

 

The moment he stopped in front of her, Sehun wrapped one arm around her waist while the other hand cupped her head as his mouth crashed upon hers. Immediately, his tongue slipped in and aggressively and danced against hers. Sumin moaned into his mouth as she responded to his attack. She felt heady as sudden heat rose to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter