How Best Friends Turn Lovers

[One-shot Series] The Wings of An Angel

How Best Friends Turn Lovers

 

 

 

Minho and Seohyun have been best friends since they were born, as their parents are best of friends. Instead of staying in their hometown, Minho and Seohyun has moved to another city together to attend college. Since they happen to go to the same city, their parents have come together and bought a house so that they could live comfortably, and the parents could visit both of them easily. Minho and Seohyun usually go back to visit their parents together, and today is not an exception.

As they sit on the couch exhaustedly after the trip, Minho grumbles 

- I'm not going back the next time. 

- Then who is gonna drive for me? I don't want to take the public transportation. It takes too long. - Seohyun whines and reaches out to pat his back. - And why don't you want to go back?

Minho rolls his eyes. His best friend is the golden child whom any parent adores. He is not. And beside, all the pressure of the thing is put on him because he is a man. 

- Oh, come on. - Seohyun chuckles. - Bring a girlfriend with you next time and they may stop asking us to get marriage.

- And how can you explain that we have been faking our relationship this whole time? 

The biggest problem of the two is that their parents have been not so subtly telling them to get marriage to each other. Being the man, Minho has been criticized by his parents for not acting as a man as he should be and ask for Seohyun's hand. And thus, recently, they decided to lie to their parents that they were dating and would like to enjoy the time for themselves.

- Tell them that it didn't work out. Just make something up. - She raises her eyebrows as if she thinks of something brilliant. - That may actually give me an excuse to not go back for awhile since I would be too heart-broken to face your parents. 

He chuckles, but quickly snorts

- You are so smart. 

- That is a fact.  

- Then how about next time you bring your boyfriend then? That will give me the excuse.

- You know I don't have one. - Seohyun shrugs. - And we both know that you have many. Anyone would do, really.

Suddenly, his expression becomes serious. Minho looks at her solemly

- Do we? Because as far as I recall, I don't have any girlfriend. 

- Huh? - She is clearly surprised. - Don't lie. 

- No one is worth bringing home. - And then, he mumbles. - You should have known that you are the only girl whom I bring home. 

He doesn't know if she hears it, but Seohyun keeps quiet. She knows that Minho has high standards in choosing his partner, just like her. However, they take different approaches. While she patiently waits for her prince charming, Minho uses 'trial and error' method. Thus, she has no boyfriend upto this point, but Minho has a list of girlfriends, with no one lasts longer than three months. 

- I am going to sleep, Seororo. - Minho abruptly stands up. - Good night. 

He can't take it any longer. She has not responded to his indirectly confess, and the longer she stays quiet, the deeper his heart bleeds. 

- Night, Minho. 

She looks at his back and whispers.

 

Minho is half sleeping when he hears a knock on the door. 

- Is this an emergency? - He growls. He seriously is not in the mood to face Seohyun and receive another quiet rejection.

He doesn't hear an answer, but as he hears her footstep moving away from the door, he shoots up and runs to the door. Yanking it open, he curses himself for thinking before acting again. However, as Seohyun turns around and gives him her angelic smile, he sighs defeatedly 

- Come in.

As they sit on bed and face each other, Seohyun slowly asks

- Minho, do you think that someday I would meet a man who is my other half? You know, like we are meant...

However, Minho has cut off her sentence and groaned

- Seo!Joo!Hyun. Do you really just come in here to say that? To wake me up in the middle of the night and tell me that someday you will meet another f***king man? 

Seohyun defends herself weakly

- I thought you were still awa...

The last word trails off in silent as Minho leans in and kisses her. Minho doesn't know how he has the courage to do what he is doing, but he doesn't want to back off as her lips taste like the most delicious candy he has ever tried. Seohyun feels dizzy and giddy. She is not sure what is going on, but she is sure that she enjoys it very much. 

As the kiss slowly ends, Minho cups Seohyun's innocent face to force her to look at him. 

- Listen, Joohyun-ah. 

She nervously gupled, looking innocent but seductive. Minho hisses. He knows that he can't wait any longer to make her lips his so that he could continue kissing them. 

- Don't you remember that we have always been each other's perfect half? 

She nodded. Their parents and mutual friends call them that way multiple times. 

- I love you. 

There, he says it, finally. Minho is sure that it is the longest moment in his life as he waits for her answer. However, Seohyun keeps stay quiet and looks at him like she is stunt. Minho sighs and decides to gather the little courage that he still has left with after the confession. 

- We are meant to...

The last word couldn't escape his mouth as this time, Seohyun leans in and kisses him. 

 

The End.