The First Meeting

Bedtime Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mommy Taeyeon was looking at her daughter who’s still glued to the TV in front of her then looked at the hanging clock, 8.30 PM. “Jiyeon, let’s go brush your teeth. Bedtime!” said the mommy.

The four years old daughter pouted, “Nooo.” She whined.

“Kwon Jiyeon.” Taeyeon said without expression. “Tomorrow we’re going to Hongkong. I don’t want you to wake up late. Come on pumpkin!” finally she picked up her daughter and went to the bathroom.

The next day, they would go abroad to spend their summer break in Disneyland. The mommy was anxious because it’s the first time for Kwon siblings -Jiyeon and Taeyong- went abroad, and they were just four years and two years old.

“Mommy?”

“Hmm?” the mommy looked through the mirror in front of them.

“What is it like to be in airplane?” she asked and paused brushing her teeth. “Scary?” she muttered.

Taeyeon smiled and helped her daughter to clean up . “No. It’s nice to see clouds from the airplane, really beautiful.” She said and brought Jiyeon to her own bedroom and the daddy already waited on the bed.

“Have you brushed your teeth?” Jiyong took his daughter from his wife and tucked her to the bed. “What do you want to hear tonight?” he asked while caressing her hair.

Jiyeon was silent for a while and played with her stitch stuff, “Daddy?”

“Yes, princess?”

“Is it really nice to see clouds from airplane? Not scary?” Jiyeon asked silently without looking at her daddy dragon.

Jiyong looked at his wife who stood beside him asking with his eyes while Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders and bent down to whisper to her husband, “Maybe she’s afraid. It’s her first time riding airplane tomorrow.” And Jiyong finally nodded.

“Of course it’s scary!” Jiyong said and Taeyeon smacked his shoulder immediately. “But it’s just the first time. As soon as you see the white clouds and blue sky you won’t scared anymore, besides there are Mom and Dad and your brother of course! It’s gonna be fine and fun, princess!”

“Jinjjayo?” Jiyeon was not sure with her daddy.

Jiyong nodded eagerly, “Yaksok!” he asked to pinky promise his daughter and Jiyeon immediately hooked her pinky finger while grinning. “You know, the first time Mommy and Daddy met was in a plane.” He said.

Jiyeon’s eyes sparkled, “Tell me!” she said.

“Seriously? You’re gonna tell her that?” Taeyeon asked her husband with flat voice.

“Why not? It’s our faithful meeting, babe.” Jiyong said excitedly.

His wife rolled her eyes, “Alright then, kiss mommy good night first.” Taeyeon bent down to kiss her daughter’s forehead, cheeks, and lips. “Goodnight, my pumpkin.” She kissed her crown for the last.

“Goodnight mommy. I love you!” Jiyeon smiled.

“I love you too, pumpkin. Sweet dreams!” Taeyeon walked out leaving the father and daughter alone.

“So, where were we?”

“Mommy and Daddy met in airplane for the first time?”

“Yes right!”

.

.

.

.

September 2010, Haneda Airport Tokyo – Japan.

A short haired woman was walking through the prestige class seat of Korean Air, her members were already in their respective seats leaving her alone searching her seat. Unfortunately, her members were seating in same seats except for her, and her members just said ‘cause you’re the leader’ she only scoffed hearing that.

“7A…7A…7A…” she muttered her seat number while walking and looked at the seat numbers until she finally found it. She smiled, but her smile was gone when she looked down.

There was a man on the seat beside hers, Taeyeon’s seat was right beside the window. But it seemed her seatmate was sleeping because he stretched his legs and his arms crossed in his chest and he covered his face with a black fedora hat. Taeyeon was looking at her members around asking for helps with her eyes, but they only chuckled or stuck out their tongues.

She sighed then faced the sleeping man, “Excuse me.” She said in English but none response, “Excuse me!” she tried louder for the second time, still none response.

She decided to tap his upper arm, “Excuse me!” she said.

The man groaned and uncovered his hat with sleepy face, he looked up while scowling while Taeyeon widened her eyes seeing her seatmate was her senior.

“Annyeonghaseyo G-Dragon sunbaenim.” She said and bowed.

Jiyong scratched his hair still with scowling face, “What can I help Taeyeon hoobae?” he asked lazily.

“Actually, my seat is next to yours, so I just want to through over you but you were sleeping.” She explained.

He scoffed, “Can you just jump over?” he said annoyingly.

Taeyeon was trying to hold herself no to throw her anger, “If you could see, I’m wearing a skirt and it is impossible sunbaenim.” She said.

“Troublesome.” Jiyong muttered while put down his legs.

Taeyeon walked over and sat on her seat, it was going to be long two hours until they landed. She decided to put on her headphones and planned to sleep until they arrived in Seoul. Not long after she put on the headphones and closed her eyes, she could feel the airplane took off. She was going deeper to her dreamland when something cold and wet in her cheek woke her up. She saw Jiyong held up a glass of champagne in front of her.

She put off her headphones, “What?” she said feeling annoyed.

“Wow! Is that how you speaking to your senior?” Jiyong mocked her making Taeyeon went silent. “Whatever, this is your drink. It’s a waste if you don’t drink it.” He said and put the glass on Taeyeon’s seat.

“I’m sorry but you could just put it on my seat or you could tap my arm to wake me up, sunbaenim.” She said while wiping her wet cheek with tissue.

“Nah, it’s more fun in my way.” He said while drinking his drink.

She glared at him but he just winked at her. Taeyeon scoffed and decided to turned her back so she couldn’t see his annoying face and closed her eyes. It’s only a minute and she could feel someone tapped her upper arms countless time making her sighed and ignored him.

“Hey, Taeyeon-ssi.” He kept tapping her upper arm.

“Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter