Rules

#28

I groaned as I gained consciousness in my sleep. The soft bed and the warm covers were not enough to give me comfort, to put me back to sleep. I grimaced at the fact that I was awoken. I am not the kind of person who likes to be awoken when it's not time for him to. I shifted to the side and placed my arm under my pillow and rested my head on the soft material. Nothing. I grabbed the covers and pulled them over my shoulders, wrapping them tightly around my body. Still nothing. I groaned once again and lifted myself up to shift towards the other direction. It was there, the moment that I laid down my head, that a very comforting scent invaded my nostrils. It smelled like roses, with a hint of muskiness in them. It made me feel warm, I found myself inhaling more of the sweet scent, sending warmness into my heart and helping me go back to sleep.

I shifted forward in hope that the scent would get stronger if I did, instead I felt warm skin touching mine. It was very long, reaching from my head all the way down to my toes. The warm skin pressing against mine not only sent butterflies into my chest, but drove me crazy as well. I suddenly found myself longing for more contact. I wrapped my arm around what felt like a very slim waist, hugging it like a pillow. I held onto it for dear life, never wanting to let go. The way my arm rested on the warm skin, the way it pressed against my burning body. It's heat with mine. I found myself drifting off quickly. The warmness of the body invading mine and penetrating my skin, finding its way into my heart. I longed for this, and I wished it could stay like this forever.

Just as I was about to doze off. I felt the body inching away from my grasp. I immediately grabbed, bringing it back against my body. I pressed myself against it feeling needy. I slightly grinded on something soft feeling my breath and my heart rate increase before burying my face in a pile of rose-scented hair.

A few hours later...

I woke up to a smell that slightly aroused me. It smelled like roses drenched in a little sweat making it musky in the process. I felt warm hands wrapped around my waist, and my hands doing the exact same thing as well. This is weird, I don't remember bringing home any girls last night. I don't even remember going out. I was at home all day taking care of Chewy, unless...

I slowly opened my eyes, realizing that it wasn't as bright as usual. Something was blocking my face from the window, and that was another face. It was a girl indeed. How am I sleeping with one in the first place? I lifted my head slightly to examine her face which I couldn't see since it was covered in hair. I used my right hand to brush some of the hair away from her face, something I had deeply regretted.

I was snuggling with Chewy. Her face was buried in my neck below my chin before I lifted my head up. She has her arm wrapped around my waist, her hand just above my buttocks. My nose was just right above her head. I then realized that the sweet musky, rosey scent came from her hair. I found it very comforting at first but then I snapped back to reality. My heart raced and pounded hard against my chest while my eyes widened in shock at the realization of what just happened. I lifted Chewy's arm slowly, careful not to wake her up, and shimmied out of her grasp. I gently layed her arm on the bed and got off, even though it was my own bed. A part of me was slightly frustrated that I couldn't smell the sweet scent for longer but knowing where it came from, and knowing what just happened, I’d rather leave. I don't want to violate the poor girl in any way.

I left the room and closed the door gently behind me. I went to my room to take a shower and change my clothes as I was still wearing the ones I did last night. I didn't want to take a shower since it was cold but I was sweating and I had Chewy's scent on me. As I stepped out of the shower, with new clothes, I came to the realization that if we were going to live together, there will have to be rules.

*cue Tom Kenny voice*
Much, much later...

I checked my clock, 12:30 in the afternoon and Chewy's still asleep. I walked over to her room, my room actually but she seems to have claimed it as hers, to check on her. I opened the door to see her still sleeping. Her position has changed since I left meaning that she has already woken up but just didn't get up. This kind of behavior bothers me, being that I have a bad case of OCD. I walked over to her and sat on the bed to wake her up.

"Chewy" I shook her. "Chewy-ah, wake up" I shook her. She didn't respond at first which worried me but after shaking her more, she finally showed signs of life.

"Chewy-ah, cmon" I said. She groaned and shoved her face into the pillow.

"Oh cmon Chewy, wake up" I said and shook her by the shoulders which didn't seem to work at all. She resisted, but I insisted. We were fighting for dominance of who's will should win but I wasn't going to let up. This was my house and my room after all.

"It's the middle of the day and you're still sleeping. You haven't even eaten your breakfast yet" I said, but she whined in the pillow like a child.

"Remember the rules? You're supposed to wake up 4 hours ago. Get up now or I'm kicking you out" I said sternly. She finally gave up and got her head out of the pillow revealing her morning face. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were clamped shut as it was hit by sunlight. It was cute but I had no time to swoon over her messed up face.

"I'm going to prepare lunch. Be down in 5 minutes" I said and left her to prepare the food. I arrived at the kitchen and wasted no time in preparing the food. Based on our last meal together, I should probably go easy on the food. I decided to make some mashed potatoes and stir-fried vegetables. I grabbed a bag of mashed potato mix and a bag of already mixed vegetables that I prepare from time to time. I placed the mashed potato mix into a bowl of boiling water and placed the vegetables on a frying pan. As I made the food, I heard Chewy coming down the stairs. I chuckled at how she was finally following orders but didn't bother to look as I was attending to the food. As soon as I finished, I plated the two dishes and turned around to head to the table expecting Chewy to be there. She wasn't.

Instead, I found her standing in front of a group of picture frames, staring at my family photos in the living room. She was particularly staring at a photo I took with Mr. Yoo that I forced my mom to take before she took me back home. Her eyes were fixated on the frame, widening in curiosity. I was not particularly comfortable with this as she was touching a sensitive part of my life right now.

"Chewy-ah, c'mon eat up" I said and placed the food on the table, groaning when I still didn't find her on her seat. "Chewy-ah" I called, but she didn't pay attention to me. She was still focused on my picture with Mr. Yoo, does she find my 6-year-old self really cute or something? I don't care. It bothered me when she stared at the photo. I walked over to her, stopping just by her side. I stood there looking at her side profile waiting for her to notice me, to no avail.

"Yah" I said in her ear. She flinched a little and turned around to face me after my nth attempt at getting her attention, eyes looking weary and mouth slightly agape, allowing me to smell her morning breath.

"You’re hungry. I can tell. Go eat up before the food gets cold" I said before walking back to the table. Chewy followed shortly after dragging her feet as she clearly wasn't in the mood. I let her sit on the table and took a seat across her. I did nothing but watch her eat as I wasn't hungry.

Chewy barely touched her food. We sat there for god knows how long and all Chewy did was prod her mashed potatoes and eat one piece of the vegetables I made.

"It's not poisonous you know" I said. She didn't look like she bought it though as she continued to stare at her food which was already cold. I sighed in frustration and got up to wash the materials I used to make the food. I washed them slightly more aggressive than I usually would, thankful that I could take it out on the dishes rather than the girl.

"All right, listen up..." I said as I sat back on the chair.

"I'm now going to show you around the house and explain the rules. Be sure to listen quietly and behave while I'm explaining you got it?" I said. She looked clueless, but nevertheless obedient and nodded her head in response.

"Follow me" I said as I got up. I decided to start upstairs so I headed up the wooden staircase with Chewy right behind me. We walked across the hallway and ended up in front of the left most room.

"This is my room" I said as we stood by the open door.

"All my stuff are here which leads us to our first rule: Never touch my stuff. You get your own stuff. I have mine." I said. Chewy looked at me with a questioning look leaving me to wander if she actually gets what I'm saying.

"Rule no.2: We stay in our respective rooms. I stay in mine. You get that one" I said pointing towards one of the guest rooms that I have been sleeping in. Chewy looked at me with a worried expression on her face. She was making puppy eyes, really big ones actually. She looked as if she was begging for something. I wanted to melt but I wasn't going to let up.

"Any problems?" I asked. Without answering, Chewy walked into my room and took her place on my bed.

"What? No, cmon" I whined. She held her place, sitting on the edge of the bed, giving me an 'I want this' look.

"No, ok. This is my room, that is my bed, all my things are here. I already let you sleep here for 2 days. It's time for you to move out." I said pointing towards the outside. It was at this moment that Chewy's expression changed. Her facial muscles softened, turning from a hard, stern look to a softer, more sympathetic one. Before her expression could completely change, I could already tell what she was up to.

"Oh no, don't do that. You're not getting me with that" I said. Chewy didn't let up. Her eyes got bigger, lower lip protruding forward past her upper lip forming a pout. Her eyebrows started squeezing together.

"No.... no!" I refused to let up. I didn't want to show her the effects of what she was doing to me. In reality, I already wanted to say yes the moment she gave me the stern look. I wanted to give her everything, but I wasn't going to spoil her. I wanted her to grow, not stay the way she is. But her actions were making it really hard for me to hold my ground.

"You know what, fine. Keep my room, can we just move on now?"

"YAY! HAHA" Chewy exclaimed and started waving her fist in the air like a child. I couldn't help but hide my smile. Even if I tried my best to keep a straight face, my smile just couldn't contain itself. I turned my face away so she couldn't see how happy she made me right now. I loved it whenever I get to hear her voice since she is dead silent most of the time. Her deep voice was a breath of fresh air in this house. It somehow reminded me that I wasn't alone.

"Ok can we move on now, please" I told her, still slightly smiling. Chewy obediently got up and followed me outside the room like a happy child who got what she wanted.

"Rule no. 3" I said as we arrived back down on the first floor.

"You can't leave this house without my permission. I don't want the neighbors to think that you're my girlfriend or that I'm keeping a hoe around for some reason" Honestly, I just didn't want anything bad happening to her and I didn't want her going to places where I couldn't see her.

"You also can't bring anyone over or let anyone in without my permission, got it?" I said.

"Okay" Chewy replied.

I walked to the big kitchen, which was one big area all by itself stopping right in the middle and turning around to face Chewy.

"Rule no. 4: Don't eat all the food in here. I will make sure that you will have more than enough to eat while still having enough for myself. So don't go overboard" I said. Chewy only nodded in response.

"But most importantly, Rule no.5" I said as I walked closer to her.

"Always. Keep this place clean" I looked into her eyes.

"I have a very, very severe case of OCD. If I see even a few crumbs on the floor, I'm going to lose it and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that to happen would you?" I said in a hushed but stern tone. Chewy stared at me like she's seen a ghost. Her big eyes frozen in intimidation, slightly agape. Our faces now inches apart that I could smell her rosey scent. If someone were to push either of us...

"Ugh...n-no..."

"Good" I said with a smile. I headed back to the table to grab the dishes and wash them, leaving Chewy motionless in the middle of the kitchen. I arrived at the table hoping to wash the dishes, only to find them nearly untouched.

"Chewy-ah, you haven't touched your food" I called out. Chewy came out of the kitchen avoiding eye contact with me. I noticed she was grasping her stomach once again.

"Does your stomach hurt again?" I said. She didn't reply, but I already knew that she wasn't feeling well again. I sighed in frustration and took the dishes to the kitchen. I placed the mashed potatoes into a plastic container and did the same to the vegetables before placing them in the fridge. As I closed the cold metal door, I pondered on what I should do next. She needed to eat or she would starve. Bacon and pancakes didn't work, mashed potatoes and vegetables didn't work. But those were the safest meals I can think of. God, taking care of this girl is hard. You'd think taking care of kids was hard, but this young woman wasn't any easier. I opened the fridge again and grabbed a glass and a pitcher to pour myself a glass of water. As I took a sip, I suddenly hatched an idea.

I decided to go shopping for food. But how will I know what to buy for her, or what she can eat? Should I bring her with me? No, it's too risky. I went up to my room to get dressed, putting on a black polo shirt, along with some jeans and simple sneakers wanting to be simple and comfy. I grabbed my wallet from my coat hanging at the back of my door and placed it inside my pocket and placed my phone inside the other. I exited the room thinking of how I was going to keep Chewy occupied while I was gone. Surely, she'll get bored and do something fishy if I don't find a way to focus her attention on something.

"Chewy-ah" I called her as I took a seat on the couch in the living room. I waited for her to come as I searched for the remote. I found it at the same time she arrived.

"Sit here" I gestured her to sit beside me. She complied obediently, sitting quite near where our bodies were in contact with each other.

"This is the TV ok. This is the remote" I showed her the remote in my hand, causing her to cluelessly stare at it.

"If you want to turn it on, just press the red button right here" I said as I pressed the button, turning on the TV. Chewy jumped in her seat, turning her head towards the screen and looking at it like it was the coolest thing she had ever seen. The channel was showing some sort of actions movie that was too loud to the point that I had to turn down the volume.

"Sorry about that, if you want to manipulate the volume, just press these two arrows right here" I said as I repeated my actions. Chewy looked on confused but curious at the same time at the device.

"If you want to change the channels. Use these arrows over here or just input the channel you want with the number buttons" I said and moved on to the next channel. This channel was airing some cheesy drama that I'm not usually fond of. It was the one with those idol singers in it.

"And if you want to turn off the sound you just press-" I stopped myself when I noticed that Chewy wasn't paying attention. She was focused on this male idol on the TV, eyeing him for minutes and never taking her eyes off at least once. She wasn't even blinking and I could swear her pupils were getting bigger by the second.

"YAH" I exclaimed causing Chewy to snap her head back at me, looking embarrassed.

"If you want to turn off the sound just do this" I said and pressed the mute button. "And to bring it back just press it again" Chewy looked back and forth from the remote to the TV as I did. I was worried she was going to get dizzy if she kept doing that.

"And if you want to turn it off. Press this red button again" I said and turned off the TV. Chewy whined as I cut off right in the middle of the guy's scene. She whined as I interrupted her drama. It was ridiculous, but funny nevertheless.

"Here you turn it on, get some practice. I'll be going out to get some food. DO NOT leave this house no matter what. You have anything you need here. You have the TV; you have the food. You can read if you want. I don't care. Just don't leave this house, ok?" I said as I handed her the remote. Chewy held it in her hand and stared at it like she was given a very difficult math quiz. I wanted to stay and watch her try to figure it out but I had things to do.

I decided to leave while she was distracted so she wouldn't notice me. I grabbed the door handle and twisted it. I exited the house to get hit by the cool air of the outside, the scent of leaves entering my nostrils as I walked across the grassy pavement. I decided to walk to the nearest convenience store which was just a few blocks away. It was also a good exercise and I needed to burn calories. The streets were moderately busy, a few cars here and there, not much people going out of their houses save for a few that needed to go to work on a weekend. It was Saturday, the day that everyone is too lazy to do anything save for the lucky ones who had work on Saturdays and I didn't mean that sarcastically. I would honestly rather work on Saturday as I didn't have anything worthwhile to do and I needed something to occupy me or I would become extremely lazy and depressed. But I don't even have a job right now, do I?

As I was minding my own business, I heard footsteps coming up from behind me. I initially shook it off as it was travelling at a safe distance anyway, it was a little unusual since there were barely any people on the streets. As I kept walking, the footsteps got closer and closer, they also started to walk faster trying to catch up to me. My heart started beating faster at the thought of who it could be. It could be a thief trying to mug me, it could be a dealer trying to hit me up, it could be a trying to molest me or worse, it could be an advertising agent trying to scam me. I kept walking, trying to ignore the fool that was invading my personal space. As soon as I heard that the footsteps were right behind me, I closed my eyes, heart beating at its fastest, took a deep breath and prepared to defend myself.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I said as I turned around with my fist cocked and ready to punch. I was greeted by cold air and grass waving side to side. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What the hell was that? I decided to let it slide as I was already at the store. I entered the door, being greeted by the cashier and grabbed a basket for the food. What could I possibly buy that was safe enough for Chewy to eat? She is probably not used to eating a lot as her stomach reacts to the slightest foods. But I needed to feed her or she would die in my house. I decided to buy some noodle soup instead, surely she can eat that. I went to the noodles aisle and grabbed more than a few packs of ramen, placing them into my basket. I needed to make sure I had more than enough for her to eat. As I was about to head to the cashier, my mind suddenly decided to buy some bread as well. It was one of the safest foods she could possibly eat, and I was running out. I turned around to go back to the bread aisle to be greeted by a big force colliding with my chest. I reeled back at the impact and dropped some of my things but I was still standing, the person however, not so fine.

"CHEWY?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I exclaimed. I was surprised and irritated that she was here and that she disobeyed my orders, almost forgetting to help her up.

"I thought I told you to stay at home!" I scolded her as I helped her up.

"I'm hungry" she softly whined, with her head down, eyes fixated on the ground in shame.

"I told you I was getting you food! Why didn't you just stay at home!" I said, receiving nothing but a childish frown in response. I was about to scold her more but decided to stop myself as I was attracting the wrong kind of attention. I clicked my tongue and just decided to pay for the food. I fell in line at the cashier with Chewy standing next to me. People were staring at us, mostly me with unreadable expressions making me feel very uneasy. I couldn't find a place to fix my eyes on as wherever I looked, there was someone looking back. This is why I didn't want her to leave the house. Suddenly, Chewy spotted something by the cashier and ran off to check it out, slipping from my grasp.

"Ya-" I was about to call her but I was next in line. I placed all of my food on the cashier and brought out my wallet to pay.

"You shouldn't be too hard on your girlfriend, she looks fragile" the female cashier said, causing me to flinch at her statement.

"She's not my girlfriend" I said coldly as I reached for the cash. The cashier packed the food into a brown paper bag and asked for the cash. As I was about to hand it over, Chewy arrived with something in her hands. It was more than one thing.

"What is that?" I asked. I examined the objects in her hand: 3 pieces of popsicles, each with a different flavor.

"You expect me to pay for that?" I said causing Chewy to pout.

"But we already have those at home" I said. I noticed the cashier widen her eyes as she looked on.

"Please..." Chewy said in her deep, whiny tone. I was baffled, my eyes widening as well. This was the first nice thing she said since I met her. I was shocked, letting her words dictate my next actions.

"Fine" I said and grabbed the popsicles and giving them to the cashier who packed it into the bag, giving me a suggestive smirk in the process. I sneered at her and handed her the cash, making sure to give the exact amount so I could leave as fast as possible. She handed me the receipt and I grabbed the bag and Chewy on the way home.


It was dinner time now. I went to the kitchen to retrieve the noodles I bought from earlier. I opened the back and poured hot water inside, filling it up near the brim and getting hit with the salty scent causing my stomach to run wild. I grabbed a pack of chopsticks, opening the wrapper in the process. As I disposed of the trash, I noticed something peculiar inside the trashcan, something that wasn't there this morning. It was a bunch of wrappers, popsicle wrappers. I could've sworn these weren't here earlier and I haven't been eating them as well.

"Wait a minute..." I said and grabbed the noodles along with the chopsticks as I headed to the dining table.

"Chewy?" I called out as I passed by the living room. I stopped myself as I spotted someone on the couch.

Chewy was sitting comfortably, delightfully on a piece of white colored popsicle. I furrowed my eyebrows and widened my eyes as I observed what was happening. She was eating very well with the popsicle. She ate it like it was the best thing ever. This is the first time I've seen her eat properly since the first breakfast she's had here. She turned her head and pulled the popsicle out of as she noticed me standing by the hallway.

"Delicious" she said to me. Her smile so wide that it formed dimples on her cheek, something that I have never noticed before. I once again felt my heart clenching and stopping in its tracks, before starting itself back again and running as fast as ever. I felt like I was having a heart attack, but her priceless reaction was more than rewarding for me.


Wow, Day 3 and Jun and Chewy are already getting naughty XD.

Do you guys like the poster and the background? Cuz I'm so in love with it <3

Do leave a comment if you wanna, or a sub, or a vote, up to you ^^