Eighth Hour

Wasted Hours

 

 

 

It has been a week since the last time Yana talked to Moonbin. They're in the same class but practically they're not. Yes, Moonbin may be sit beside Yana but she totally treat him like a stranger; someone she never knows. Everytime Moonbin tried to talk to her, she would either avoid it or went somewhere else so that she didn't have to hear on what he's going to say.

Today is Monday. Another week for school. Oh, Dana and Moonbin? Well, Yana couldn't care less about them at the moment cause her mind was occupied by something else. Something way more important then Moonbin's relationship with Dana.

Yana woke up with a puffy eyes; seems like she's crying in her dreams again, or is it in reality? She wasn't sure neither. She took her phone that she put under her pillow and unlocked it. 

40 new messages from Moonbin.

Yana haven't opened the conversation for the whole week. She just feel like she didn't have anything to tell the boy and she didn't want to hear any explanation from the boy. But why the hell she's acting like this? 

She brought herself to the toilet and took a shower. As soon as she was done with her shower, she put on her school uniform and grabbed her bag before went downstairs for breakfast. She entered the kitchen and could see Dana was already there with her sour face as if she ate a melon just now; which is her usual expression only when she's at home.

"Oh, Yana," Her mum greeted her eldest daughter with a bright smile on her face causing Dana to roll her eyes, "Sit here," Her mum pulled a chair for Yana and Yana just followed her mum since she didn't really want to make her mum feels sad if she tried to take care Dana's feelings at the moment.

Dana sighed, "Well, Yana is the only daughter in this house," Dana muttered under her breath but obviously could be heard by Yana.

Yana is so done with her little sister. First, she broke Moonbin's heart who is truly loving her and now she's trying to wreck her up just because she's envy with her own older sister? Yes, Yana couldn't deny that her parents give a little bit more attention to her rather than Dana but Yana tried so hard to not making it too obvious. She didn't even use the extra money mum gave her every month and instead she bought something for Dana. But maybe it's just Dana who didn't appreciate all of that.

Yana was about to say something to Dana but the ring bell showed someone is there infront of their house, "Do you have anyone coming to our house today?" Yana asked her mum but she shook her head. "It's okay, I'll go and get it," Yana offered herself to open the door.

She walked to the door and twisted the knob. The door slowly opened and she could see the figure she wanted to avoid the most, "Moonbin," She startled to see him here again infront of her house but then she thought, he must be here because of Dana, "What are you doing here?"

Dana who heard her sister's voice calling out her boyfriend's name quickly make herself to the front door to see the boy, "Moonbin! I miss you!" Dana approached the boy and linked her arms around Moonbin's as soon as she reached him.

Moonbin quietly put Dana's hand down while his eyes still on Yana. Whatever it is, he still needs an explanation from Yana like why the hell she has been ignoring him for the whole week. It's really suffocating for him. It is.

Dana looked at both of her boyfriend and her sister, there's something going on between them. "Moonbin?" She grabbed his wrist but Moonbin quickly snapped it, "What the hell is wrong with you?" Dana raised her voice.

Moonbin passed a glare to Dana and rolled his eyes, "Do you think I don't know about your relationship with that boy, Cha Eunwoo?" Dana's eyes widened, wow news does fly so fast.

"Oh, you know about it?" Dana let out an evil smirk; this is what Yana hates the most about Dana. She always do whatever she likes and doesn't consider anyone feelings first before doing it, "So I don't need to pretend that I like you anymore right?" She made a statement, "That's great then."

When Dana was about to take a step away from the two of them, someone grabbed her wrist quite hard, "What the hell are you talking about?" Yes, Yana finally raised her voice to the only sister she had.

"Let my hand go," Dana tried to release her hand from Yana's grip but she held her hand too tight, "Kang Yana!" She raised her voice to her older sister but that doesn't stop Yana from holding her hand.

"You're really an ungrateful brat, for God sake," Finally, she said what she has been keeping all this time, "Yes, mum and dad may gives special attention to me but they never neglect you, not even once," She confessed, "I hate to say this to you, but please open your eyes and see people around you. How can you expect them to treat you well when you treat the others like a trash? Just get yourself a mirror, and reflect yourself. Or do you want me to get one for you?" A slap landed right on Yana's right cheek as soon as she had done with her words.

"Yana," Moonbin startled when he see Dana slapped her sister right infront of him.

Yana rubbed her cheeks then passed a slight smile to Dana, "I don't deserve this but okay," She put on her shoes and sprinted out from the house.

"Dana, you're too much," Moonbin said and followed Yana from behind.

Dana stared on her hand that landed on her older sister's face just now. She slapped her only sister. She slapped her. She did it. She didn't mean it but...