Fourth Hour

Wasted Hours

 

 

 

"Yana, why are you so quiet today?" Moonbin asked his deskmate who has been staying quiet since the class started. 

The girl didn't answer the question. She stayed quiet. When Moonbin was about to ask the next question to Yana, the bell rang showing that it's time for lunch. Yana put aside her stationeries into the drawer under the table and make her own way to cafe to grab her lunch.

Moonbin who was being left behind; he was totally clueless with what had happened just now. He tried to go and after the girl when someone called his name. He turned around and smiled.

"Dana," He quietly mumbling his girlfriend's name. Dana approached him with a smile pasted on her face and linked their arms as soon as she reached him. To be honest, Moonbin would never get use to Dana's behaviour; at least for now.

"Where's Yana?" Dana looked around the class when she couldn't Yana anywhere around Moonbin.

Moonbin shrugged, why would he find for that girl if he has his girlfriend infront of his eyes? 

"Let's go then," Dana said and both of them make their way to the cafe together with each other by their side.

Dana entered the cafe while having her eyes searching for Yana. "There you are," She could see Yana was sitting along while having her lunch. She dragged Moonbin to where Yana located at.

"Yana!" Moonbin happily greeted the girl. Yana startled with the couple appearance in front of her. She almost choked while chewing on her food. Moonbin then naturally took a sit beside Yana. 

Dana rolled her eyes when she saw that, seriously Moonbin? There's his girlfriend infront of him but he chose to sit beside Yana?

"Moonbin, don't you think you should sit beside Dana instead?" Yana whispered the words into his ears.

Moonbin then realized that his girlfriend was actually Dana, not Yana. He slowly make himself to sit beside Dana. Dana passed a glare to Moonbin who sit beside her, "What do you want to eat?" Moonbin asked Dana to make she feels better.

Dana sighed, "Anything," She answered and Moonbin excused himself to buy food.

"Yana, you're really annoying, you know that right?" Dana sudden words startled Yana who was currently eating her lunch. She put her chopsticks down and looked at her little sister, "What?" Dana said when Yana kept staring at her without blinking her eyes.

"Do you know you're interrupting my lunch time?" Yana sighed. She really didn't want to pick a fight with the girl at the moment. Just she wants to eat in peaceful. She wished she could ask the girl to leave; and of course bring her boyfriend along.

"It isn't wrong to eat with my sister right, isn't it?" Dana asked in sarcastic manner.

Yana gave up. She lifted her tray up; decided to stop eating because she couldn't really stand her sister now. She might just yell at her if she kept provoking her, "Just have your lunch. I'm going." She said and leave to the sink.

On her way there, she bumped into Moonbin, "Where are you going?" Moonbin asked when he saw the unfinished food in Yana's tray. She rarely has food left in her tray though.

Yana looked at Moonbin then continued her way to the sink without answering his question. It's better this way though. She thought.

"What is wrong with Yana?" Moonbin put the food he bought for both of them and took a sit infront of Dana instead of beside her since Yana isn't there anymore.

Dana shrugged; ignoring his question and started to eat without even waiting for Moonbin.
 

⚝⚝⚝
 

"Yana," Moonbin entered the class and called for his bestfriend's name. He looked around the class but Yana is nowhere in class. Moonbin frowned, "Where the hell did she go?" He muttered alone under his breath.
 

⚝⚝⚝
 

Yana doesn't feel like she wanted to enter the class now because she knows once Moonbin entered the class; he would ask thousand of questions to her. Will he, though? She made her way to the rooftop; probably the most peaceful in the school. She tried to twist the knob but failed. Someone locked the door. She sighed. Usually, people wouldn't lock the door but today isn't her lucky day, maybe?

When she was about to leave, she could hear the door creaking sound. She turned around and could see two boys coming out from the door. One of them is quite tall and have a really outstanding visual; he's shining too much, another one is a little bit short than the other guy but still he also has kind of good visual even if couldn't beat the first guy.

Both of them met eyes with Yana. Yana passed a blank look to them, she had no idea why they're up there though. Okay, maybe they're just hanging around but why locking the door? No matter how much she thought about it, it's weird but she couldn't care less about them.

"Hey," The first boy greeted her awkwardly. Yana just simply bowed a little bit to them, "Please excuse us," He said and Yana gave the way to both of the boys to walk.

As soon as they're gone, Yana made her way to the rooftop. She has about 15 minutes left to spend time alone with only herself. Her eyes wandered around the rooftop to see anything weird being left behind by the boys but there's nothing at all. She shrugged and went to the edge of the rooftop. She took a sit on it and having her legs hanging without any support.

She could see tons of students from up above. Some of them were playing football, some of them just playing around with their friend, and some of them were sitting alone and read books. And there's her who was sitting on the rooftop; making herself in danger.

"Kang Yana," She heard someone called for her name; she turned around and as expected it's him. Moonbin. "I knew it you would be here," He said and approached the girl.

Yana then make herself down the walls and cleaned the mess she had on her uniform, "What's up?" She tried to act cool infront of the boys.

"Nothing," Moonbin lost words. He wasn't sure what he should ask the girl. Why are you ignoring me? Is that even a valid question in their friendship?

"Let's go, we're late for class," Yana said. Moonbin nodded his head and followed the girl from behind.

It's for the best anyway...